• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

CrayToes

Danny Ward is gonna be knocking on the door of the 1st team this season. He should have a chance to shine if there's a shootout too.

Hope Origi gets a two match ban for that.

Who the fuck dives in a friendly? Jesus Christ.

Contact was there. Exaggerated for sure but it'd be given in the prem I reckon.

Well Ward's had a shootout recently so there's something. Though tbh this performance today hasn't given me much hope that we've developed much in taking down closed teams.

DBT85

2-1 Mata
https://streamable.com/5rjej

Plus the beat Bayern trophy is a nice one
not that you'd know ��

claudio-ranieri-grazie.png

FC Steaua Bucharest, Young Boys, Nice, Hoffenheim or Istanbul Basaksehir it is for us in the CL qualifier. The draw is on friday, hoping for Bucharest or Young Boys.

DBT85

Gonna ignore that last part and pretend you actually said something nice for a change :)

Hey I hoped Studge would have an injury free season just the other day.

Not my fault he ruined it already.

Pool getting to the groups is the best thing for the other 5 teams trying to win the league, its a compliment.

NHale

Barca are the worst for tapping up and then acting holier than thou afterwards

10 years or so ago they were really likeable, but all the "mes que un club" stuff while coupled with the tax evasion and taking sponsorship from Qatar has made them so hateable lol

Like, I don't really blame any Southampton fan for not liking Livepool for how they've bought so many players over the last few years, but at least we know its purely down to offering more money + a slightly higher chance to win stuff. Barca act like its the birthright and logical conclusion of every good player to eventually play for them

You don't even need to search a lot to find one example of this happening. They tried to entice Verratti to join them and force his exit from PSG this Summer. In the end, they were the ones fucked. Fantastic!

Still this marks the start of the real transfer market. Every team right now has to be shaken on his boots, hoping that Barça don't come knocking on their players doors with a bunch of fresh cash. We are probably going to see Real Madrid offering a lot of money to get Mbappe before Barça can get in the mix, then Barça is probably going to make a crazy offer to Juventus or Liverpool for Dybala or Coutinho and the circus is only starting.

CrayToes

FC Steaua Bucharest, Young Boys, Nice, Hoffenheim or Istanbul Basaksehir it is for us in the CL qualifier. The draw is on friday, hoping for Bucharest or Young Boys.

I quite like the idea of Young Boys.
Hey I hoped Studge would have an injury free season just the other day.

Not my fault he ruined it already.

Pool getting to the groups is the best thing for the other 5 teams trying to win the league, its a compliment.
Oh you. I'll allow it.

TimmmV

It is written. And I'm gonna be so upset.

I still quite like Balotelli, he wasn't the right player in the first place and then wasn't given a fair chance by Rodgers at all.

I bet he would be very happy to put us out though, and that's kind of terrifying. Watching him go beast mode like he did vs Germany in Euro 2012 would be genuinely traumatising

Mbappe/Suarez/Messi would be amazing. But he's still very young so it's risky paying so much for him. Who knows how he'll be playing like in 2-3 years.

RocknRola

Sporting (Portugal) went from being literally screwed in the playoff draw for the CL to being seeded and getting to face weaker teams lol 4/5 teams ahead of them in ranking needed to get eliminated today. They did. lol

Top Bottom