• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

DBT85

Pool need their second string this year more than last, need to play them.

Blind nearly scores own goal from 20 yards out, De Gea had to touch it so Samp get a free kick in the area lol.

DBT85

United score at the correct end. Oh Miki you so fine.

Should be good to see him and Pogba alongside each other for the first time. You reckon Mou might fancy that formation when the PL starts?

I'm expecting it more in games against teams like Chelsea.

Expecting standard formation to be 4-3-3 with Herrera, Pogba and Matic in the middle.

CrayToes

United score at the correct end. Oh Miki you so fine.

I'm expecting it more in games against teams like Chelsea.

Expecting standard formation to be 4-3-3 with Herrera, Pogba and Matic in the middle.

That's a fucking great midfield 3 honestly. Not exactly short of options for who plays either side of Lukaku, too.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Why haven't we offered Can a new contract yet smh

I'd be almost certain we have, just not one that he wants to sign yet.

They better get it sorted, I'd be gutted if we lost him for nothing next year.

DBT85

1-0 Miki goal
https://streamable.com/31pc7

That's a fucking great midfield 3 honestly. Not exactly short of options for who plays either side of Lukaku, too.

Indeed. Looking forward to it and hoping it means Pogba can be at the business end of the pitch more and let Herrera snap at ankles as usual.

We also have the option of going 4-2-3-1 as well which might get more use against teams with less threat.

T-Rex.

Banned
I'd be almost certain we have, just not one that he wants to sign yet.

They better get it sorted, I'd be gutted if we lost him for nothing next year.
I really rate him so hopefully we get it sorted. Probs just us being mingebags.

Edit: 1-0 Atleti, but damn that first save by Ward though.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I really rate him so hopefully we get it sorted. Probs just us being mingebags.

IIRC he made some unrealistic demands during negotiations last year, demands that are not so ridiculous anymore, and that might be why he's being a bit difficult.

Syder

So if Sánchez isn't going to be allowed to go to a league rival, where is he going? PSG will be tapped out after Neymar. Would he really go back to Barça?

Markitron

So if Sánchez isn't going to be allowed to go to a league rival, where is he going? PSG will be tapped out after Neymar. Would he really go back to Barça?

Bayern is the only realistic destination. Not sure if the need him now that they have James though.

Markitron

Maybe his injury will make Bayern more interested but they're not a club that panic buys.

I wonder if he would go to Real if they can't get Mbappe, I doubt he has much love for Barca and he would be an improvement on Benzema.

Syder

I wonder if he would go to Real if they can't get Mbappe, I doubt he has much love for Barca
Do Real need Sánchez? is there a big club out there that needs a player like Sánchez (i.e.: can't afford to wait a year for him) and has the money?

Maybe Milan and Inter are late options for Sánchez...

DBT85

First half over. Valencia has been a busy bee, Matic has done exactly what we need him to do which was great to see. Lukaku looks full of energy.

Just need to be more clinical.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I own Pes 2017, I've played it a whole damn lot :p

It looks better, but different? No way. The animations are pretty similar dude.
Obviously they're similar, it's football so you're restricted in what you can do but they look much better

Looms like you're given much more freedom instead of being stuck having to wait until the animation finishes

Looks more silky instead of robotic

Where does this come from? I haven't read anything about that in any chilean media.

So far, what's been reported here as a fact:

- Just prior to the beginning of the Confederation Cup Alexis made up his mind about wanting to leave Arsenal.
- He really wants to go to Man City and he has been in direct conversations with Pep about how to convince Wenger to let him go.

Not fact but to a degree, strong rumor:

- PSG sounds like a probably destination, due to Arsenal not being available to let him go to to other PL team. Some rumors say Neymar wants Sánchez in the team. They know each other from Barcelona and they get along very well both on and off the field.

Do Real need Sánchez? is there a big club out there that needs a player like Sánchez (i.e.: can't afford to wait a year for him) and has the money?

Maybe Milan and Inter are late options for Sánchez...

All depends on Sanchez. From the rumours that started at the end of last summer Sanchez is prepared to move to City for less than what he is being offered by Arsenal for a new contract but wanted 300k per week from Bayern and 400k per week from PSG.

If he actually wants a move the only main option I see if the rumours are true is him forcing a move on bad terms and City to pay well over the touted 50mill mark. He is too important to that Arsenal squad to just let him go even if it just means he goes on a free next year. Especially as they have multiple contract holdouts, have failed to improve other very important areas, most fans have no confidence in the manager, and have had discipline and work ethic problems from various players throughout the last season.

Syder

All depends on Sanchez. From the rumours that started at the end of last summer Sanchez is prepared to move to City for less than what he is being offered by Arsenal for a new contract but wanted 300k per week from Bayern and 400k per week from PSG.

If he actually wants a move the only main option I see if the rumours are true is him forcing a move on bad terms and City to pay well over the touted 50mill mark. He is too important to that Arsenal squad to just let him go even if it just means he goes on a free next year. Especially as they have multiple contract holdouts, have failed to improve other very important areas, most fans have no confidence in the manager, and have had discipline and work ethic problems from various players throughout the last season.
I think if a PL club really want him they'll have to pay considerably more than any team from the continent.

A gap on the left wing is about to open up.

Yeah, I give you that but still... Barcelona already let him go. I just can't see them saying something like "oh, sorry Alexis, you're more valuable than we thought. Come back, man!!".

Also, one of the reasons why Alexis didn't take his departure from Barcelona as a tragedy is exactly the same one that explains Neymar wanting to leave: Messi is the Sun in Barcelona and everything and everyone needs/has to spin around him.

Syder

Griezmann's hair

Messi-deep-thoughts.png

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
My god I love the MUTV pundits.

"What's the centre half doing laying on the ground?!"

"Well he got a bit of a push lol"

"Well you would be laying like that on the streets if some one touched you...look at him!"

sammex

Ref was always going to give that a pen - terrible official. Origi's dive was so blatant.

On for extra time? (is there extra time?)

Top Bottom