• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Zasa

Mbappe is a huge downgrade from Neymar.

Everyone is, but Mbappé is young, can play on the left with no problems & has the potential to notch over 25 goals/assists a season. Also isn't injury prone, which is a plus.

Same goes for Dembélé, who isn't as clinical in front of goal, but is a world-class ball carrier/dribbler, a better passer & is versatile enough on either flank (sublime with both feet). I'd imagine he'd compliment the team more though on paper tbh, just going off his playstyle/characteristics.

Dembele is a right wing right? No sense unless they want to change formation.
He's played on the left wing many times, no issues there as he can dribble & cut in on either foot just as well. Such an unpredictable dribbler because of that. Rare attribute that.

MrS

Banned
This transfer window has been fucking mental

And I love it
Why do you love it? Higher prices mean Arsenal will become less competitive as you know Wenger isn't going to spend crazy money to sign a player.

Isn't it Mbappe's dream to play for Real? There's no way he'll join Barcelona if that's the case. I could see them going in for Lemar though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Why do you love it? Higher prices mean Arsenal will become less competitive as you know Wenger isn't going to spend crazy money to sign a player.

Isn't it Mbappe's dream to play for Real? There's no way he'll join Barcelona if that's the case. I could see them going in for Lemar.
When were we ever competitive in the window? This makes zero difference.

Lunar FC

Hey guys, I've been spending the last couple nights working on the 2017/18 thread for the upcoming season. Making this thread is one of the very few occasions I get to use my minuscule graphic design skills and it's something that I enjoy. I've been redesigning the OT a little bit and I am liking how it's turning out so far. For a little glimpse, here is the new banner:

cx7JAiF.png

Would love to hear title suggestions for the new thread from you guys, and hopefully it will be posted within the next few days. I'm going to ask some mods if we could get the thread placed in Off-topic to help grow the community even more. So we will see how that goes.

Also, I'm ready to start taking predictions for the 2017/18 season. I will take entries from the Premier League, La Liga, and Bundesliga.

Example:

User: Lunar FC
League: Premier League

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
---
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
---
18. Swansea City
19. Watford
20. Huddersfield Town

*** Please format yours identical to mine. Thanks! ***

Predictions will be aggregated here. Get yours in before September 1st.

Let's see how terribly wrong we can be again.

Thanks. 👍

Tubie

Hey guys, I've been spending the last couple nights working on the 2017/18 thread for the upcoming season. Making this thread is one of the very few occasions I get to use my minuscule graphic design skills and it's something that I enjoy. I've been redesigning the OT a little bit and I am liking how it's turning out so far. For a little glimpse, here is the new banner:

cx7JAiF.png

Would love to hear title suggestions for the new thread from you guys, and hopefully it will be posted within the next few days. I'm going to ask some mods if we could get the thread placed in Off-topic to help grow the community even more. So we will see how that goes.

Also, I'm ready to start taking predictions for the 2017/18 season. I will take entries from the Premier League, La Liga, and Bundesliga.

Example:

*** Please format yours identical to mine. Thanks! ***

Predictions will be aggregated here. Get yours in before September 1st.

Let's see how terribly wrong we can be again.

Thanks. 👍

I hope Wenger never retires, he gives us all tons of good laughs season after season without fail.

Moving the thread to OT sounds like a good idea, and there's precedent for something like that since the F1 thread is in OT. I hope the mods allow it.

MrS

Banned
Paul Ince said Milner is Liverpool's best player and he can't get a managers job as he is black
He can't get a manager's job because he's an arsehole with a poor football management track record. Clearly he's not a very good judge of talent either.

Edit: that gif is art

yagal

Neymar's rumoured contract at PSG

💰Per year: £30,992,000
💰Per month: £2,384,000
💰Per week: £596,000
💰Per day: £85,142
💰Per hour: £3,547

He could buy a Freddo every 20 seconds with that

I really wanna know how much they are giving to Neymar Senior

I make 25€/h ... when I work ... after 7 years at the University ... Jesus

psyer

If this is to be believed, it looks like English Football League and the EFL Cup will be on ESPN streaming service.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/08/02/bein-sports-espnbamtech-championship-tv-rights-says-source/

Edit: Seems like they updated the article with a quote from an ESPN spokesperson.

According to an ESPN spokesperson, ”Beginning August 4, as part of a separate agreement ESPN reached with BAMTech, ESPN will have live and replay coverage of weekly matches from the EFL. Currently, the plan is for the matches to be carried on ESPN3."

I still quite like Balotelli, he wasn't the right player in the first place and then wasn't given a fair chance by Rodgers at all.

I bet he would be very happy to put us out though, and that's kind of terrifying. Watching him go beast mode like he did vs Germany in Euro 2012 would be genuinely traumatising

Wasn't giving a fair chance by Rodgers? Man, he wasted every shot they gave him and dropped him when it was clear he wasn't gonna cut it.

If anyone didn't get a chance to succeed at Liverpool was Benteke, he's such a powerful striker that just wasn't suited for Klopp's style.

casiopao

It's a shame that league doesn't seem to be competitive right now, maybe AC can finally break Juventus' stranglehold.

Lol. Ac? I would put Napoli first there on taking us down lol.

And isnt Bundesliga more or less the same right now? Being Bayern league.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Lol. Ac? I would put Napoli first there on taking us down lol.

And isnt Bundesliga more or less the same right now? Being Bayern league.

I don't claim to know much about the league, AC seem to making some decent signings. As far as the Bundesliga goes, I get the impression that the standard of 2nd, 3rd and 4th there is a lot higher than in Italy.

TimmmV

Wasn't giving a fair chance by Rodgers? Man, he wasted every shot they gave him and dropped him when it was clear he wasn't gonna cut it.

If anyone didn't get a chance to succeed at Liverpool was Benteke, he's such a powerful striker that just wasn't suited for Klopp's style.

He got blamed for a lot when really the whole team was playing like shit and Rodgers clearly didn't know what he was doing.

Agreed on Benteke, but with him there isn't really any bad blood - people just accept he wasn't the right player and leave it at that
apart from when the fucker scores against us.
Balotelli gets a load of shit when he really didn't do that much wrong

This is the most nailed-on thing ever. It is inevitable

Honestly, I'm genuinely terrified of that happening. Anyone but Nice in the qualifiers pls

T-Rex.

Banned
I wonder which midfielder we're going to monitor attempt to sign now that Keita's not happening. I don't think we've been linked with anyone so it'll be out of the blue like Gini was.

|OT| Hello off-topic, how are you? Come to community.

Top Bottom