• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Chilean newspaper is reporting Wenger and Alexis already had a conversation about Sánchez's future in the club. The club is offering a big amount of money as expected. Also...

Wenger said if Alexis wants to leave, he is free to do it, but his new club can't be Man City or Chelsea, or any other premier club.

Fucking Wenger -_-

PSG, please... do your magic and save Alexis from having to play this season along 10 zombies + a mummy coach.

Thanks in advance!!!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Chilean newspaper is reporting Wenger and Alexis already had a conversation about Sánchez's future in the club. The club is offering a big amount of money as expected. Also...

Wenger said if Alexis wants to leave, he is free to do it, but his new club can't be Man City or Chelsea, or any other premier club.

Fucking Wenger -_-

PSG, please... do your magic and save Alexis from having to play this season along 10 zombies + a mummy coach.

Thanks in advance!!!
What? Would you rather we sold him to our rivals? Because I know I wouldn't.

Alexis can fuck off, sick of seeing him sulk on the pitch when he runs offside anyway

Bad news BayernGAF :/

Dominic King‏ @DominicKing_DM 20s

News emerging in Munich that James Rodriguez faces a long spell out with a hamstring issue; Thiago also injured & out of German Super Cup

spidye

Bad news BayernGAF :/

Dominic King‏ @DominicKing_DM 20s

News emerging in Munich that James Rodriguez faces a long spell out with a hamstring issue; Thiago also injured & out of German Super Cup

yeah already known

it's the perfect end to ancelotti's/rummenigge's idiotic china preaseason with 4 games in 12 days
fuck both of them

What? Would you rather we sold him to our rivals? Because I know I wouldn't.

Alexis can fuck off, sick of seeing him sulk on the pitch when he runs offside anyway

In order to call them "rivals" you have, first, to have chances to win something. With those cold chest players there, you can easily replace Alexis with Messi and still... Arsenal will end fourth.

I'm mad Wenger fucked Alexis big time when he convinced him to sign, assuring Arsenal would assemble a great team. Yeah sure.

I hope he can fly away right now from there :/

Lashley

In order to call them "rivals" you have, first, to have chances to win something. With those cold chest players there, you can easily replace Alexis with Messi and still... Arsenal will end fourth.

I'm mad Wenger fucked Alexis big time when he convinced him to sign, assuring Arsenal would assemble a great team. Yeah sure.

We'd still be strengthening rivals. Take pots shot all you want at the team. City & Chelsea are Arsenal's rivals. End of story.

T-Rex.

Banned

I don't support Arsenal, but I mean... they won the FA cup just last season lol. 3 times in the last 4 in fact.

Zasa

Still don't understand why some people think Dybala (as great of a player as he is) could/should be the direct Neymar replacement.

I mean, we're talking basic positional understanding & role distinction here.

Neymar has now also a better chance to compete for the player awards.
Probably this more importantly, I agree.

Cruyff (RIP) really did call it: (May, 2013): "Messi and Neymar? I wouldn't put two captains on the same ship. We have to learn from the past."

He was always, always going to be in Messi's shadow. No matter what he did.

Honestly, does this move make any sense on Neymar's part?

Besides the money of course?

This news has really ruined my start of the day.

Why do you think players want to play at real madrid, barcelona, bayern, premier league clubs, etc? Cause they pay them the best in Europe. Big clubs are big cause they can afford to pay their stars. Messi doesnt' stay at Barcelona cause of some fascination he has for Cataluna or their past history or as some kind of reward to the club for his youth years. Messi plays for Barcelona because they pay him 40 million euros. The same exact reason Neymar is about to go to Paris. Money.

We'd still be strengthening rivals. Take pots shot all you want at the team. City & Chelsea are Arsenal's rivals. End of story.

City and Arsenal aren't rivals. Well not in any way beyond being clubs in the same league.

I'd rather take Sanchez on a free next year. As that would hopefully means Ciity will invest in a centre/holding/defensive mid sooner rather than later.

Lashley

City and Arsenal aren't rivals. Well not in any way beyond being clubs in the same league.

I'd rather take Sanchez on a free next year. As that would hopefully means Ciity will invest in a centre/holding/defensive mid sooner rather than later.

If he's leaving on a free, I doubt he picks City.

I don't support Arsenal, but I mean... they won the FA cup just last season lol. 3 times in the last 4 in fact.

I was being hyperbolic. I know what they've won since Alexis arrived, the thing is still their overall performance is mediocre, at best. Otherwise, why do so many fans want Wenger out?

sammex

Understandably different looking LFC side vs Atletico tonight

DGPXxs-W0AEeLXp.png

subs: Karius, Mignolet, Firmino, Origi, Henderson, Grujic, Robertson, Matip, Kent, Ejaria, Alexander-Arnold.

GHG

You need to settle the f... down.

Alexis has improved and become a world class player under Wenger, during which time he has led Chile to 2 Copa America titles. How exactly has Wenger "fucked" him? If anything he's given him the freedom on the pitch not afforded to any of our other players (sometimes to the detriment to the overall team) in order to give him a platform upon which to shine.

Lashley

Neymar's rumoured contract at PSG

💰Per year: £30,992,000
💰Per month: £2,384,000
💰Per week: £596,000
💰Per day: £85,142
💰Per hour: £3,547

He could buy a Freddo every 20 seconds with that

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The moment Neymar decided to leave

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40804584

4SDw16N.jpg

In March, Barcelona achieved one of the most remarkable comebacks in Champions League history as three goals in the final seven minutes secured a sensational 6-5 aggregate victory over Paris St-Germain.

The chief inspiration on that historic night, without any doubt, was Neymar, who capped a brilliant performance by scoring the first two of those late goals before assisting Sergi Roberto's winner with a perfectly placed chipped cross.

The following day, the high emotions of the unforgettable occasion were encapsulated by the publication of a dramatic image which quickly went viral: Lionel Messi in a Messiah-like pose, standing on the advertising boards to celebrate the victory as awestruck fans hailed his glory.

That, at least, is an intriguing theory proposed by journalist Ramon Besa in Spanish newspaper El Pais, attempting to understand why Neymar is packing his bags from Barcelona for Paris.

[...]

That's not all. Many fans believed that Barca's 'More Than A Club' motto was sacrificed for commercial reasons in a recently expired shirt sponsorship with Qatar Airways, and there is ongoing concern that the supply of youth talent from the famed 'La Masia' academy system has dried up.

Another cause for complaint has been a loss of the club's playing identity, with the departure of Xavi leading to the emphasis on midfield dominance being jettisoned for a more direct approach by manager Luis Enrique, who was consequently unpopular with many fans before his departure at the end of last season.

pretty interesting looking back at all the things that have happened at Barca in recent years. it's bit easier to see why maybe he wants to leave.

Beefy

Neymar's rumoured contract at PSG

💰Per year: £30,992,000
💰Per month: £2,384,000
💰Per week: £596,000
💰Per day: £85,142
💰Per hour: £3,547

He could buy a Freddo every 20 seconds with that

Not for long

You need to settle the f... down.

Alexis has improved and become a world class player under Wenger, during which time he has led Chile to 2 Copa America titles. How exactly has Wenger "fucked" him? If anything he's given him the freedom on the pitch not afforded to any of our other players (sometimes to the detriment to the overall team) in order to give him a platform upon which to shine.

Did you really read what I wrote? you ask me to calm down, only to proceed to write utter nonsense.

I said very clearly that I think Wenger fucked him because in order to make him sign for Arsenal, he tricked him, assuring him Arsenal was going to assemble a top team, which never happened.

Also, MEGA LOL at you believing Alexis became a world class player under Wenger. He achieved that during his time in Barcelona. Also LOL at the way you worded that part, almost like implying Chile won those two Copa América thanks to Wenger.

I have to say that part of your post really made me laugh, so... thanks :D

Atleti side - Moyá, Vrsaljko, Giménez, Lucas, Sergi, Kranevitter, Augusto, Thomas, Keidi, Correa y Vietto

bench - Werner, Savic, Juanfran, Filipe, Gabi, Gaitán, Torres, Griezmann, Olabe y Amath

Swansea City’s head coach, Paul Clement, has said Gylfi Sigurdsson’s proposed move to Everton could be completed “in the next couple of days”, with the clubs finalising the details of his £50m-rated transfer.

£50m is hilarious. Good for Swansea I guess.

They spend that money wisely and they could do some excellent things. Though in this market it'll probably just buy them a Markovic or three.

Lashley

Per hour: £3,547

Looking at this is so depressing. I make only £7 of that, and that's when I'm actually working. He makes this whilst doing nowt, he could Netflix and chill and earn 4 grand

Cappa

Banned
Buffon, De Sciglio, Barzagli, Chiellini, Sandro, Khedira, Marchisio, Dybala, Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Higuain = approx €255m

Neymar €222m
I mean you can do this with pretty much any team but lol at leaving out some over priced transfers. Juventus does their fair share of buying at inflated prices.

.. Higuain 90 million Bernardeschi 40 million Cuadrado 20 million Pjanic 30 million

Lashley

I mean you can do this with pretty much any team but lol at leaving out some over priced transfers. Juventus does their fair share of buying at inflated prices.

.. Higuain 90 million Bernardeschi 40 million Cuadrado 20 million Pjanic 30 million

I'm well aware. It was a comparison, not a dig at anyone. Why so touchy?

If he's leaving on a free, I doubt he picks City.

Per reports, he's demanded outrageous wages from other possible clubs (PSG namely) to force the move to City. If he could agree to terms with a non-PL side, I would expect Arsenal to sell him. It hasn't happened.

Not sure what would change if he's leaving in a year on a free transfer.

Lashley

Per reports, he's demanded outrageous wages from other possible clubs (PSG namely) to force the move to City. If he could agree to terms with a non-PL side, I would expect Arsenal to sell him. It hasn't happened.

Not sure what would change if he's leaving in a year on a free transfer.

If they haven't got to pay a fee on top, clubs will offer him more.

Tbh, I can see us selling him by the end of this month. Arsene is too tight to let him leave on a free.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Still salty at how Rodgers treated him. He'd likely still be #1 here if it wasn't for that Northern Irish twat.

FTFY

I agree by the way. I was behind his appointment, and thought he was a little hard done by when he was sacked, but his whole attitude was off. He was missing a fair dose of humility and was incapable of admitting he was wrong or that he needed to change.

FTFY

I agree by the way. I was behind his appointment, and thought he was a little hard done by when he was sacked, but his whole attitude was off. He was missing a fair dose of humility and was incapable of admitting he was wrong or that he needed to change.

Think that Being Liverpool documentary didn't do him any good. Really made him look like a David Brent character and he just kept going.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Thinking that Being Liverpool documentary didn't do him any good. Really made him look like a David Brent character and he just kept going.

It would have been fine without the envelope scene. I don't what possessed anyone involved to let that go out. They could have explained the painting as well, they should have known it would be taken completely out of context.

I also really didn't need to see Ian Ayre on his motorbike.

CrayToes

Klopp obviously isn't arsed about the Audi Cup. This is more or less our second 11. Shame, it's probably the biggest final we'll play in this season.

Markitron

50 million pounds for Sigurdsson? Ayy lmao. That's Andy Carroll levels of stupidity.

Actually it's even sillier. Andy Carroll had just turned 22, Gylfi is about to turn 28. Liverpool were at least able to get back almost 20m for Carroll.

Klopp obviously isn't arsed about the Audi Cup. This is more or less our second 11. Shame, it's probably the biggest final we'll play in this season.

I don't see that he had much of a choice, 2 full games in 24 hours is a bit much.

Smart Everton, very smart.

Whilst also being incredibly stupid.

CrayToes

Actually it's even sillier. Andy Carroll had just turned 22, Gylfi is about to turn 28. Liverpool were at least able to get back almost 20m for Carroll.

I don't see that he had much of a choice, 2 full games in 24 hours is a bit much.

Should've played the plebs against that shite Bayern side. Atletico are more similar to what we'll face in the PL with teams who sit deep and hit on the counter.

Markitron

Should've played the plebs against that shite Bayern side. Atletico are more similar to what we'll face in the PL with teams who sit deep and hit on the counter.

Tbf I don't think anyone expected Bayern to be that shite

TeddyBoy

I'm actually surprised we've got as many first teamers playing as we do.

Playing our second string now can help show us how we'd do against some smaller teams in the League or FA Cup.

Top Bottom