• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Jarnet87

There are some rumors that Madrid will go after Donnarumma instead. Would be a smart buy for the future if he lives up to the hype. They can get him much cheaper and either loan or use for cup games for a couple seasons as Navas understudy. I always thought he was a shoe in for Juve given their recent domination of Serie A and being called the next Buffon.

There are some rumors that Madrid will go after Donnarumma instead. Would be a smart buy for the future if he lives up to the hype. They can get him much cheaper and either loan or use for cup games for a couple seasons as Navas understudy. I always thought he was a shoe in for Juve given their recent domination of Serie A and being called the next Buffon.

Got Mino Raiola as his agent too and what we know about Raiola's players is that they don't stay at their clubs for very long. So can't see Donnarumma stay at Milan sadly, wish he would stay and hopefully Milan will be back as a force again.

Pachimari

I would be thrilled with this signing but I'm not biting on any rumors right now. I think it's just another article that needs to be sold. Donnarumma would be great, and then keep Keylor for another year.

tim.mbp

Liverpool Football Club would like to put on record our regret over recent media speculation regarding Southampton Football Club and player transfers between the two clubs.

We apologise to the owner, board of directors and fans of Southampton for any misunderstanding regarding Virgil van Dijk.

We respect Southampton's position and can confirm we have ended any interest in the player.

lol

This being on the official site is pretty weird to see. We must've been super spooked that we'd get fucked by some sort of investigation, or we're playing some 10th dimensional chess with their ridiculous offer. Probably just the former.

One saga ends, but our endless search for a defensive solution rolls on.

Dark Rider

Huge risk for a player. He runs his huge contract down and with a year to go gets a huge injury ending his career with no long contract to pay out.

Madrid have always been floated but it's never seemed nailed on like Ronaldo was. Even the fax farce wouldn't have happened if Madrid hadn't waited till the last second.

We all know the risks. But I think IF Florentino offered DDG would trust him. The fax thing being last minute was United doing as Fdkn mentioned. United shouldn't expect to get money after doing that if Florentino still want DDG as he can get him without paying United anything or paying them peanuts.

His agent is the biggest problem. Personally any player that choose Raiola to be his agent should be left behind.

Beefy

DBvHIH8WAAYevK4.jpg

Aka Liverpool shit themselves. 😂😂😂😂

Well we'll just have to sign Mbappe to make up for it. We look like right arses at any rate. Wonder how Klopp is feeling, Van Dijk as well if e was actually keen on joining.

Southampton might have an upset player on their hands if he was really interested in joining Liverpool and they are blocking the move.

DBT85

Really? I don't know what were you reading but Madrid had made the offer way earlier, it wasn't until the last moment that LvG decided to give the 'yes'... probably with the intention of mocking them for the whole summer.

And I'm thankful for that, because Keylor deserved better.

Man Utd put our their own statement with timestamps of everything

- Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club’s preference was not to sell.

- No offer was received for David until yesterday.

- At lunchtime yesterday, Real Madrid made its first offer to buy David. A deal was agreed between the clubs, which included Navas being transferred to Old Trafford. The deals were dependent on each other.

- In the last several hours of the process, with Navas at the Real Madrid training ground, Real Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of David, Navas and Real Madrid. Manchester United was in control only of the documentation of Manchester United.

- Manchester United sent transfer documents for both players to Real Madrid at 20:42 BST. David’s documentation was returned by Real Madrid to Manchester United without the signatory page at 22:32 BST.

- At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk.

- Only at 22:55 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David’s contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

- At this point Navas’ documentation was still not returned by Real Madrid.

- At 22:58 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted – all before the deadline.

- It is our understanding that the deals couldn’t happen because:

Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did)

Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline

- The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route.

Amazing.

We all know the risks. But I think IF Florentino offered DDG would trust him. The fax thing being last minute was United doing as Fdkn mentioned. United shouldn't expect to get money after doing that if Florentino still want DDG as he can get him without paying United anything or paying them peanuts.

Its not about trusting Flo. If his career ends with a year on his United deal he gets nothing. If he was that fussed he wouldn't have signed on for 4 more years with a 1 year option.

Dark Rider

Man Utd put our their own statement with timestamps of everything

And Real Madrid did also put out their own statement with their own timestamps of everything. I don't think I need to post it because I'm sure we both read both sides of the story.

Guess which version Florentino will be operating on? what United said about it is irrelevant because Florentino will base his action on Real Madrid view. PLUS, and this is important, although neither of us have the proof of what transpired Florentino actually know the truth of it.

Its not about trusting Flo. If his career ends with a year on his United deal he gets nothing. If he was that fussed he wouldn't have signed on for 4 more years with a 1 year option.

Do I need to refresh your memory that this is exactly what happened the first time?
He only signed that contract because he was cornered and can't register for Real Madrid.

Guess a certain dutchman isn't happy about it though:

Apparently he removed "Southampton player" from his bio, but it's back now.

DBT85

And Real Madrid did also put out their own statement with their own timestamps of everything. I don't think I need to post it because I'm sure we both read both sides of the story.

Guess which version Florentino will be operating on? what United said about it is irrelevant because Florentino will base his action on Real Madrid view. PLUS, and this is important, although neither of us have the proof of what transpired Florentino actually know the truth of it.

Do I need to refresh your memory that this is exactly what happened the first time?
He only signed that contract because he was cornered and can't register for Real Madrid.

Look forward to you signing him and it all being over then. It's only been happening for what, 4 years?

As for who to believe, I'd take the word of the devil himself out of anything from Madrid.

Dark Rider

Look forward to you signing him and it all being over then. It's only been happening for what, 4 years?

I don't care if we sign him or not to be frank and us signing him is not guaranteed because neither of us know for a fact if Florentino still want him at Real Madrid or not. But I think we will find out by the end of DDG current contract and my prediction is IF Florentino go for DDG he will get him for either peanuts or free but if he doesn't then United are free to have him for as long as they want. And I think its been 2 years, I understand why it feel much longer for you though.

As for who to believe, I'd take the word of the devil himself out of anything from Madrid.

You are free to believe whoever you like for whatever reason you please (in this case out of hate for Real Madrid), at the end of the day and regardless of who told the truth Florentino will base his action on Real Madrid view.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
How is Moore to blame for this when it was Klopp the one who met with the player?

Anyhow, good start for the transfer period.

Is that statement enough to save Liverpool from a ban?

DBT85

I don't care if we sign him or not to be frank and us signing him is not guaranteed because neither of us know for a fact if Florentino still want him at Real Madrid or not. But I think we will find out by the end of DDG current contract and my prediction is IF Florentino go for DDG he will get him for either peanuts or free but if he doesn't then United are free to have him for as long as they want. And I think its been 2 years, I understand why it feel much longer for you though.

You are free to believe whoever you like for whatever reason you please (in this case out of hate for Real Madrid), at the end of the day and regardless of who told the truth Florentino will base his action on Real Madrid view.

It's not hate, its shit like this

if he doesn't then United are free to have him for as long as they want

You are too kind, dear master.

sammex

Moore doesn't do negotiations or transfer related stuff, it's Michael Edwards the new sporting director who would've been dealing with Southampton.

Whoever it was from LFC that briefed the press that VVD preferred LFC is to blame.

CrayToes

I hope VVD scores at anfield next season, whoever he ends up playing for, just to rub it in the noses of the cunts who run the club.

Timbuktu

Moore doesn't do negotiations or transfer related stuff, it's Michael Edwards the new sporting director who would've been dealing with Southampton.

Whoever it was from LFC that briefed the press that VVD preferred LFC is to blame.

Maybe it's Lovren.

Dark Rider

It's not hate, its shit like this

You are too kind, dear master.

Mate, I had no intention of aggravating you and I apologize if you felt that way. All I wanted to do is just present things as they are with no sugar coating. The transfer business is ruthless mate and every club will do what they think is best for themselves.

Top Bottom