• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Officially the 3rd most expensive keeper in history: Jordan Pickford

Record signing for Everton.

goalkeeper-jordan-pickford-looks-on-as-he-signs-for-everton-at-the-picture-id696270700

Welcome lad. Big Nev Southall and Shilton have nothing but praise for him, that's good enough for me.

So this is the guy that's gonna be like a Swiss cheese in the derbies? ; - )

Beefy

Federico Allende, a defender for lower-division club Sport Pacifico, bragged in a radio interview about using the needle several times against strikers from top-division club Estudiantes.
Allende said that players had to be clever in order to win.

Pacifico's president Hector Moncada vowed to expel the player.

"We are devastated. This incident has tarnished the team's good work. I will expel him from the club," Mr Moncada told Clarín newspaper.

Pacifico won the match 3-2, knocking Estudiantes out of the competition in a major upset.
The players were received like heroes in the small western town of General Alvear when they returned from Buenos Aires, where the match was played.

But the good atmosphere soon turned into bad news.

Allende gave Cordoba's Vorterix Radio an interview on Tuesday in which he said "you need to play dirty" to beat big clubs like Estudiantes de La Plata.

"I kept piercing the Estudiantes strikers with a needle," said the Pacifico defender

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-40283286

WTF??

DBT85

Donnarumma turned 18 just a few months ago. Pogba was 23 when he left Juve. Goalkeepers take longer than outfield players to peak. Disrupting his development is not a good idea.

No, he said people said it when Pog left United for Juve, not left Juve for United.

cromofo

Everton pay mad prices

It's been a positively shocking start to the transfer window. This is not the Everton I'm used to.

Us being so direct and splurging 30 mil on a young keeper is unheard of. Now Klaassen for 26 mil and Niang for 16 mil. Basically dropping £70m in 2 days.

Shit is going down. Moshiri is swinging his cock. I'm still hoping we go a step further and sign a top player tho.

We're also in for Lemina it appears.

DBT85

It's been a positively shocking start to the transfer window. This is not the Everton I'm used to.

Us being so direct and splurging 30 mil on a young keeper is unheard of. Now Klaassen for 26 mil and Niang for 16 mil. Basically dropping £70m in 2 days.

Shit is going down. Moshiri is swinging his cock. I'm still hoping we go a step further and sign a top player tho.

We're also in for Lemina it appears.

You're spending your Christmas (Lukaku) money before it burns a hole in your pocket lol

cromofo

You're spending your Christmas (Lukaku) money before it burns a hole in your pocket lol

It appears so lol

Although there is a small chance we're flexing our muscle to appease him to stay for a little longer. Doubt it but it's possible. He still has a few years on his contract.

It appears so lol

Although there is a small chance we're flexing our muscle to appease him to stay for a little longer. Doubt it but it's possible. He still has a few years on his contract.

He wants to go he should be allowed to leave for where he wants to go. It's one thing I really dislike about football contracts, doesn't happen in other professions.
Plus it would help City get Sanchez.

cromofo

He wants to go he should be allowed to leave for where he wants to go. It's one thing I really dislike about football contracts, doesn't happen in other professions.
Plus it would help City get Sanchez.

Well, that's contracts for you. It's his signature.

He's allowed to go if a club matches or gets really close(player swap) to our asking price. It's fair.

Carbonox

"Everyone knows that my wish is to stay at Milan," said earlier this week. "I'm looking for a house in the city to live with my family.

Then I read he has Mino as his agent so no wonder this shit went south for Milan and his head turned. No way he didn't influence this. I despise football agents, especially the kind of Raiola.

In other news, Sunderland can't even get the manager of Aberdeen. Gold.

DBT85

Everton attempting to win the league by buying all available players confirmed.

Wilkins will be upset. Another player from Europe with a price starting with a 3, a 4 or a 5.

Wait.

cromofo

Yeah, Conte wants Lukaku but the board don't want to splash €90 mil

I hope we do a swap deal with Chelsea. Michy, Traore, Zouma, Abraham... I'd take any of these + money.

Meier

Everton negotiating like West Ham without a brain. Mental prices.
Pickford price is totally fair and in line with expectations in 2017. Klaassen fee is very fair as well -- he's a key player who scores loads of goals and unlike say Eriksen, had more than 1 year left on his deal. I think even without the hyper inflated market, he'd have cost close to £20m at least.

casiopao

Douglas Costa going to Juve. :(
I really, really hope he manages to get back to the form he initially had when he joined us. Would love to see him succeed at Turin.

Hope he is worth the hype there. We are really in a dire need of great winger.

Raiola is the master of the dark arts, he's gonna get a mighty fine paycheck from Madrid for Donnarumma.

But at least it means De Gea will be staying at Old Trafford.

...... i hoped to God that Juventus wont join into all this mighty mess hiks. Meret plizzz.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I see reported that Ronaldo made the decision to leave Spain. I think A Bola from Portugal reported it first. Probably due to the tax scandal.

People on Twitter calling BS, but not sure who to trust.

I think bullshit myself. It would be very thin skinned of him to leave especially when it seems like most of Barcalona have gone through the same thing and that Madrid stuck by Benzema when accused of soliciting a minor prostitute and blackmail (what a cunt).

The only decent teams that could afford Ronaldo would be Man United, Man City, Barcelona, PSG, and potentially Chelsea. Even then that would be a serious stretch for teams that aren't United as he would want more money than what he is getting at Madrid and probably cost more than what United spent last season on transfers and most of them want to strengthen their team throughout. I don't see him going to China when he is still one if not the best player in the world and doesn't look to be slowing down.

acohrs

Too bad Chelsea doesn't look like Chelsea. Same thing happened after the last championship with Mou. Board is sitting on the cash, and we will fail next season.

Aye, slightly worrying. OK, very worrying, but still, we haven't lost hazard yet to Real, that's a plus!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
That or PSG are all I can think of as realistic possibilities. But hard to imagine a spotlight seeker like him in Ligue 1, and did he and Mourinho part on good terms?

Does Ronaldo even still need to play football?

He can relax for the rest of his life with his many other sources of income.

He could retire today if he wants, but I guess he loves football so much. I wonder when will he retire.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Does Ronaldo even still need to play football?

He can relax for the rest of his life with his many other sources of income.

He could retire today if he wants, but I guess he loves football so much. I wonder when will he retire.

He's 32 and more driven than anyone else in the game. I'd love to see him back in the PL.

I think the only way he'd retire in the next 5 years is through injury.

slider

I'd love Ronaldo at West Ham. No, hear me out.

We couldn't afford him and he wouldn't win anything with us (unless nicking a couple of points off Spurs every season is his thing). That's the minuses column.

On the positives, every time I saw him at Upton Park it was clear we had a hate hate relationship with him. That doesn't sound great but I think he really enjoyed it.

Come "home" Cristiano.

Top Bottom