• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

cromofo

Everton doing some bizz this week.

Everton agreeing to pay £30m for Pickford. I dunno how I feel about this. I like the guy, he's a beastly keeper but £30m god damn...

But then again he'll probably end up becoming England's no1.

Welcome Picky. May you retire in blue.

EDIT: Looks like £18m upfront and £12m addons.

acohrs

Traore gone, not surprised, think we will lose ake, kenedy, musonda, chalobah, rlc, zouma, and christensen too, not all this summer but gradually over the next few years. Pretty much confirms youngsters are profitable assets for chelsea, not players to be developed for the squad's future. Sad...

Beefy

Traore gone, not surprised, think we will lose ake, kenedy, musonda, chalobah, rlc, zouma, and christensen too, not all this summer but gradually over the next few years. Pretty much confirms youngsters are profitable assets for chelsea, not players to be developed for the squad's future. Sad...

If I was Conte I would have Christensen in the first team.

sammex

All part of your ingenious plan to game the ffp rules.

acohrs

If I was Conte I would have Christensen in the first team.

I don't know, he's an Italian coach, don't think Italian coaches like young players in their defences.

All part of your ingenious plan to game the ffp rules.

well yeah, but it only works so long as these kids actually still have the disbelief that they will make the first XI. If you don't feed that lie then the long-term stability of the plan falls apart

Beefy

Everton doing some bizz this week.

Everton agreeing to pay £30m for Pickford. I dunno how I feel about this. I like the guy, he's a beastly keeper but £30m god damn...

But then again he'll probably end up becoming England's no1.

Welcome Picky. May you retire in blue.

EDIT: Looks like £18m upfront and £12m addons.

Crazy amount of money

Carbonox

I really do like this new generation of French players. Big fan of Dembele.

England are in a state of perpetual fucking shitness. No manager could sort us out.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I see England are losing. "it's just a friendly" they'll say.

like clockwork

62FGAPv.png

Coffinhal

I really do like this new generation of French players. Big fan of Dembele.

The Dembélé-Mbappé bromance is really. They could have put 6 goals there if they had better finishing (especially Dembélé) and more luck. Lemar is pretty solid too. Pogba-Kanté won the midfield. And most of that happened when they were outnumbered.

Russia here we come!
If the coach leaves Payet/Sissoko/Giroud on the bench and we find someone behind Dembélé that can cover for him

Rachel Riley has apparently left Sky Sports because she received "hideous" abuse after calling Tottenham "bottle jobs".

That's terrible. Don't all the other twatting twats on Sky Sports spout constant bollocks about other teams? If it had been Jeff Stelling it would have been seen as HILARIOUS BANTER LADS!!!!

cromofo

Everton have City, Chelsea, Spurs and United in first 5 fixtures.

ronsimmonsdamn.gif

Might be good tho. We'll be match fit before anyone else due to Europa Qualifications. We can surprise. Bring it on.

acohrs

remember stones cost 50 million everyone, 5-fecking-0 with 6 more 0's added on, poor lad is going to be a quiz question joke for a long time...

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Hank Winter: It was a brutally painful, if widely- anticipated lesson. John Stones looks bereft of confidence, his decision-making process shot to pieces, as he was frequently caught out by Mbappé and Dembélé. Gary Cahill and Phil Jones were not much better in a defence garnering fours and fives in the match ratings and at sixes and sevens during the game.

Player ratings via Times:
ENGLAND (3-4-2-1)
Tom Heaton 7
Scrambled across his line to prevent a cross from Lemar sneaking in and made a couple of good saves.
Phil Jones 6
The best of the centre backs in that he was not at fault for a goal but lucky to escape a caution for a lunge at Sidibé.
John Stones 4
Went to ground too easily and was beaten by Dembélé in the build-up to France's second goal. Booked.
Gary Cahill 5
Allowed Giroud to get in between himself and Kane in the build-up to France's equaliser and was often stretched.
Kieran Trippier 6
Became the 1,222nd player to appear for England and was not the worst of England's flimsy backline.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain 4
Deployed in central midfield but far too lax in his passing as repeatedly gave the ball away.
Eric Dier 4
Found the going tough against Pobga and Kanté and was unable to stop France breaking forward at will.
Ryan Bertrand 6
Excellent overlapping run to support Sterling and low cross for Kane's goal but received little help defensively.
Raheem Sterling 7
Always on the move, he caused continuous problems when running in behind France's defence.
Dele Alli 6
His involvement in both England goals showed his threat but tended to neglect his defensive duties at times.
Harry Kane 7
After some people raised doubts over his England scoring record, three goals in two games show they were wrong.
TOTAL 62
Substitutions
Jack Butland (for Heaton, 45)
Came off his line swiftly to deny Mbappé
Kyle Walker (for Bertrand, 45)
Came on as a left wing
Adam Lallana (for Trippier, 76)

cromofo

Everton delegation and Steve Walsh land in Milano ahead of talks with Milan and Inter.

https://twitter.com/dimarzio/status/874933194092687362

There will be business done. You don't just go there for shits and giggles or only to sell a player(Deulofeu). Just please no Niang.

edit: Everton scout Carlo Jacomuzzi has told Radio CRC that there are meetings with Milan, Fiorentina, Napoli and others.

Watford (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Arsenal (H)
Manchester City (A)
Burnley (H)

Decent start for Liverpool. Although the CL qualifers should be in there somewhere too.

Top Bottom