• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Beefy

I would take Lukaku over Lewa , not because he is a better player. But because he is younger and has a chance of getting better. No way is he better then Lewa atm though

Mertesacker retiring at the end of the season to become academy manager for Arsenal.
Good call on his part. Hopefully he can put in a few Chelsea-like performances in his final season.

mertesackerdancegif.gif

Audioboxer

759.gif

I miss him so much.

At least we had him play for our team.

Man Utd has had the best manager, and best player to ever be in the EPL (come at me naysayers). Heck, you could say the best manager and player in the world (come at me Messi fans).

No one better compare any of the frauds to Sir Alex.

Loris146

At least we had him play for our team.

Man Utd has had the best manager, and best player to ever be in the EPL (come at me naysayers). Heck, you could say the best manager and player in the world (come at me Messi fans).

No one better compare any of the frauds to Sir Alex.

Ronaldo never played for M. Utd.

DBT85

Did he play in shitty leagues to rack up those goals?

And wow at Raul, what a major drop off from him too

Born in 76 so he was 23 in September 99. Before that 99 season started he'd played in Série A in brazil, Eredivisie, La Liga & Serie A. With 3 of those being in La Liga or Serie A.
So yes.

Scored in 127 in 148 league games and 36 in 57 for Brazil before he was 23.

In La Liga and Seria A alone he put away 73 in 88 games before he was 23.

These "Conte is angry and wants to leave because of ...." rumors are getting quite annoying.

I know. It's crazy. Chelsea usually hang on to their managers.

Loris146

Did he play in shitty leagues to rack up those goals?

And wow at Raul, what a major drop off from him too

Ronaldo scored 52 goals / 54 matches with PSV at 17-19 years old ( 99 % of player are not even in the main team at that age lol )

47 / 49 matches at Barcelona at 20 year old.

35 goal the first year with Inter. Serie A was by far the most difficult league in the world.

Edit : Poor kid.

Born in 76 so he was 23 in September 99. Before that 99 season started he'd played in Série A in brazil, Eredivisie, La Liga & Serie A. With 3 of those being in La Liga or Serie A.
So yes.

I know. It's crazy. Chelsea usually hang on to their managers.

Just gotta hang on 1 more year, and then we can get Mourinho again after his third year at ManU.

slider

Sad news. That little Sunderland lad Bradley have passed away :(

Rest in peace little fella

Just saw the news. Awful stuff all round. But glad he and Defoe had that time. He genuinely seemed overjoyed to be with his hero. Still gutted. Rest in peace dude.

TimmmV

So yes.

Those divisions were a lot different in the 90s then they are now too, the Eredivisie was much stronger than it is now - the two seasons he was in the Eredivisie had Ajax winning the CL and finishing runners up. At Barca they also won the Cup winners Cup and finished 2nd to Real Madrid by only two points. Then he was great at Inter, when Serie A was widely regarded as the strongest league in the world.

Ronaldo 1.0 was absolutely ridiculous when he first started out. It's such a shame he got that injury

cromofo

Outstanding business by Man Utd.

How the mighty fall. Zlatan looks at Rooney like u 40 bro?

If I'm not wrong, this is a record if it is really 90m + 10m(Rooney)

Eager to see how he'll do next season for us. Who knows, he might be the shit

Glad to see the Everton and United building good relations when it comes to transfers this year

DBT85

If I'm not wrong, this is a record if it is really 90m + 10m(Rooney)

Eager to see how he'll do next season for us. Who knows, he might be the shit

Glad to see the Everton and United building good relations when it comes to transfers this year

Good business for United tbh. Rooney hasn't been good enough for at least 2 years. Maybe Everton will see him find his level but I wouldn't count on it.

He's done amazing things for United and as a fan I'm pleased we got him all those years ago, but I'll also be pleased to see us not paying those ridiculous wages any more. He's dropped so far.

Loris146

Those divisions were a lot different in the 90s then they are now too, the Eredivisie was much stronger than it is now - the two seasons he was in the Eredivisie had Ajax winning the CL and finishing runners up. At Barca they also won the Cup winners Cup and finished 2nd to Real Madrid by only two points. Then he was great at Inter, when Serie A was widely regarded as the strongest league in the world.

Ronaldo 1.0 was absolutely ridiculous when he first started out. It's such a shame he got that injury

He is simply the GOAT.

Milan is trying to sign Biglia from Lazio.

cromofo

The Rooney angle as well makes it extra tasty. Do Chelsea have to offer even more now?

We can accept both and let Lukaku decide.

Raiola the fat bastard will play a role. Rooney too. It's all very interesting. IMO Lukaku will not go for just 75m, It'll have to be near 90m or more.

Even tho I'm sad he's leaving, this is fun.

yagal

With Morata you need to play football but with Lukaku you can just throw ball in and wait things to happen

... and Raiola

#Team Morata

DBT85

Oh you. It wouldn't really annoy me. I'm probably one of many who isn't really a big fan of Mourinho!

Oh I know his fanclub isn't as big as it used to be, and he always seems to gave hated Liverpool lol.

tumblr_osqscewIQ31t0grs4o1_1280.png

So desperate to get rid of Rooney they're giving him away. Tells you everything right there.

Tbh I expected us to waive the fee if he was going to Everton anyway. They couldn't have the fee and the wages and we do need him off the books, or on a lower wage more representative of his current position in the team. Plus long service and all that.

Only way we'd get paid for him was a move to China.

longdi

Banned
Whats with Chelsea rebuying players at extreme mark-ups?

With so many games per season, cant they afford to let younger players play, and save the 'development' fees.

Danchi

I find it strange that more Premier League clubs aren't at least being linked with Aubameyang. Last month it seemed like he was going to PSG, then China, and now AC Milan apparently want him back.

Compared to £50m for Lacazette, £70m for Morata, £75m+ for Lukaku, or £85m for Belotti, £70m for Aubameyang seems like the best buy of the lot.

Can't believe we're going to let Iheanacho slip through our fingers.

I guess Pep just doesn't think his all-round play is good enough to be his number 9? He's such a good finisher, though, that it seems crazy to me that they wouldn't loan him out for a year at first.

Syder

Morata to Chelsea then?

I guess Pep just doesn't think his all-round play is good enough to be his number 9? He's such a good finisher, though, that it seems crazy to me that they wouldn't loan him out for a year at first.
I'm a West Ham fan. Rumours were we were a shoe-in for him 6 weeks ago and as per usual we let a player go to another club.

It's a shame because we need a striker and he needs playing time. Leicester already have Vardy, Slimani, Okazaki and Musa. We've got Carroll who's fit for 60% of the season, if we're lucky, and Sakho who had even less time fit this year.

Pre-season is on the horizon and we've made no moves yet, I'm starting to worry.

Top Bottom