• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

faridmon

Can't imagine Rooney is going there to be a benchwarmer.

He has no where to go.

He can go to China or MLS, but I reckon he chose us because he is desperat (and love Everton)

He is gonna be a bench warmer and he is gonna like it. There is no space for him on the bench let alone starting 11

100k is too much for an over-the-hill bench warmer lol

Also, players make extra money just from being on the bench, and more for sub appearances

I suppose his extra role is including training the youngsters or some sort. I can't imagine Steve Walsh/ Koaman wanting Rooney just for the show and make the club bleed dry

Tosyn_88

Lukaku has a lot to prove to win many United fans over, most especially seen as he's an expensive investment and United haters are already queuing up to take pot shots.
Hopefully this means we won't be seeing matches where 15 chances are created without a goal

DBT85

Oh god. I hope not, Big Dunc always bullied us in the derbies.

I both loved and hated watching Big Dunc play. Loved it when it was against anyone other than United lol.

Rooney will not inspore such terror I don;t think.

ESPN got an interview with Lukaku. plenty more in there. Didn't realise he already lived in Manchester.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manc...up-about-his-move-to-man-united-jose-mourinho

His former employers Chelsea were interested in the striker, and even tabled a late offer to try and convince Lukaku to move back to Stamford Bridge. Lukaku, however, had already made his mind up.

"My mind was already set. I gave my word, and I don't look back," he said. "I didn't look back since, and I was already mentally preparing to be part of the team."

When asked what he would tell people who queried why he chose Manchester United -- who came sixth in the Premier League last season -- over the champions, Lukaku responded: "I would say, 'Who would say no to the biggest club in the world?'

"Best stadium in England. The best fans. This is the perfect opportunity. I always said I wanted to play for a team that's challenging for every trophy that there is.

yagal

AC Milan is on fire :eek:
Musacchio (d, Villarreal), Rodriguez (d, Wolfsburg), Kessié (c, Atalanta), André Silva (a, Porto), Borini (a, Sunderland), Calhanoglu (c, Bayer Leverkusen), Conti (d, Atalanta)
Biglia from Lazio is next on hte shopping list

Donnarumma will be a milan player for the next 4 years. €6m / year for a kid . GG Raiola the drama around the player this summer was well orchestraded

Maybe the Serie A will not be boring next season

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWRuiuthRnJ/

All I see for now is 2 overrated players. Just prove me wrong

Musacchio (d, Villarreal), Rodriguez (d, Wolfsburg), Kessié (c, Atalanta), André Silva (a, Porto), Borini (a, Sunderland), Calhanoglu (c, Bayer Leverkusen), Conti (d, Atalanta)

Still don't know how the fuck he managed that.

Pachimari

Donnarumma will be a milan player for the next 4 years. €6m / year for a kid . GG Raiola the drama around the player this summer was well orchestraded

Maybe the Serie A will not be boring next season
I gotta admit, I know almost none of the players in the Serie A.

I know of Rodriguez; great left back, I've heard very little about André Silva who seems to be a great central defender(?), and Biglia is a very talented midfielder right? And Donnarumma is king. I know none of the other players.

Is this Lukaku meeting Pogba?

cromofo

Welcome home Wazza. I hope you shut up the bedwetters and haters.

DESvjQXXsAAxEc8.jpg

Clegg

Can't believe Everton actually signed him. He's an awful footballer these days. Can't run, can barely pass, has an awful first touch and can't get in the positions a goalscorer needs to be in. United are well shot of him.

ElyrionX

Sad to see Rooney go. I'd thought he'd retire a United player and he really embodied what the club represents.

But then, he's really lost everything that made him such a great player. Loss of pace is fine. But he even lost his strength on the ball and worst of all, he lost all his striker's instincts; he just can't and won't shoot anymore.

faridmon

Welcome home, Wayne. Gotta admit, I got goosebumps. you can tell he really wanted to come back

Can't believe Everton actually signed him. He's an awful footballer these days. Can't run, can barely pass, has an awful first touch and can't get in the positions a goalscorer needs to be in. United are well shot of him.

Again, He will not start games

Sciel

Seems like it is an emotional decision of sorts on the part of Everton.

I was watching this video on ESPN earlier (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip10q__p8H8) and there seems to be a level of delusion to what Rooney still offers lol

Congrats Man U GAF. Not sure which I would be happier about, signing Lukaku or being rid of Rooney.
Its time for bring out the champagne!

GHG

We all know he will still find a way to score goals against Arsenal though.

So who the duck is Chelsea gonna sign now? Belotti? Morata?

Or just gonna sign nobody again and fail the year after the title again?

Their announcement video will be tweeted at United and start with a middle finger pointed directly at the camera and then zoom out to reveal
Griezmann!

Pachimari

Man, Morata is available on the market. We just won't sell him for less than €90 millon.

We really don't have room for him anymore, as we have Benzema and Mayoral for the striker role. And Perez probably want Mbappe as his major signing this summer.

Maybe this year they'll give one of their talented young strikers a chance?

ahhahaha

What about Sola..Wait...Well we'll have Tammy Abr...No wait...Loftu..Also no...Isaia..Nope..Chaloba...Never fucking mind.

Their announcement video will be tweeted at United and start with a middle finger pointed directly at the camera and then zoom out to reveal
Griezmann!

In my dreams.

Pachimari

It seems like Luka Zidane will become our 3rd goalkeeper for the new season. It depends how Alex Craninx is doing at the pre-season tour.

I swear this is gonna be the greatest team since the early 90s.

Beefy

Us signing Bednarak was just the standard old signing shit. Everyone else is weird ass shit, that Rudiger is now the worse one, besting Stoke
---------

Sigurdsson having a medical at Everton apparently..

Us signing Bednarak was just the standard old signing shit. Everyone else is weird ass shit, that Rudiger is now the worse one, besting Stoke
---------

Sigurdsson having a medical at Everton apparently..

Everton are gonna a be interesting to see next season. They've thrown some weight around this window that's for sure. Chatter they're after Giroud as well!

DBT85

Thanks for a fuckton of goals and trophies Wayne. A truly great player in his fairly long prime years, a joy to watch for so long.

Hope it goes better than most, including me, are expecting.

Sad to see him decline as fast as he did though.

Top Bottom