• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Beefy

@Telegraph
Harry Redknapp filmed admitting he discovered his players bet on result of one of their own matches

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...napp-reveals-how-his-players-illicitly-gambl/

Harry Redknapp, the former Premier League football manager, admitted he discovered that his players bet on the result of one of their own matches, in contravention of Football Association rules.

Redknapp was filmed by undercover reporters discussing a match on which “the lads” had “all had a spread bet” on the scoreline. His players allegedly bet on themselves to win the match, and one of them allegedly told a football agent to “remortgage your house” because the odds were favourable.

The agent later claimed that the opposing team’s players had also bet on the match. Bookmakers had given long odds on Redknapp’s side winning, possibly because they assumed he would field a weakened side as his team had nothing left to play for that season. In fact, Redknapp put out a strong side that went on to win easily.

Empty

if the worst they can get on literally the dodgiest man alive is that he knew his players bet on a game and let it go then what are they doing

1-1, FT:

I'll take that, even though I'm still not sure why Delaneys goal was ruled out. Thought Palace played really well for most of the match. Really fun match to watch.

That's 5 league matches in a row without a defeat for Pardiola.

bjaelke

The Liverpool Echo called that one.

CtoUb7iWAAAmyjB.jpg:large

Beefy

@marcwebber
HMRC is advising Premier League players how to cut 20% off their tax bills, claims tomorrow's Daily Mail. @fcbusiness #sportsbiz

Next scandal

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
They got pure clickbaity

"Sam Allardyce received a bribe...YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO ELSE DID IT!"

"A Premier League manager...ACCEPTING BRIBES!?"

"TOP MANAGER ACCEPTS BRIBE" Turns out to be the Barnsley manager

TeddyBoy

I put Lallana in my Fantasy Football team yesterday. Of course he goes off injured.

Jesus, we would be 3-0 down if Borja could finish.

We aren't playing well at all. If anything we need half time for Klopp to give the team a new game plan since the current one isn't working.

TeddyBoy

Dangerous position this.

Edit:

Karius just about kept hold of it :lol

HT 1-0 to Swansea. Much more promising once Sturridge came on.

Garjon

I almost wish we lost points here to teach us a lesson. Swansea missed three sitters today that most other teams would've scored from. We were abject in the first half but improved in the second; we were still far from great though.

And LOL at Clyne getting MotM over Mane, Clyne lost his man for the Swansea goal and was sub-par for the first half whereas Mane was our only solid player across the whole 90 mins. Sturridge though was truly awful.

Kuros

That's a huge result. Swansea are the first team to actually outplay Liverpool this season yet they still won.

First half definitely. We completely rolled them in the second half though. They couldn't handle the press when we got it working.

T-Rex.

Banned
The best thing about that result/performance is it showed we actually learned something from the Burnley match. No potshots from 40 yards, no panicking and shitting the bed, we just got on with it and played football like we can in the 2nd half and actually believed we'd get something from it.

eldudebro

nah, you got this

neverkusen is even shittier than ever before. dortmund at its best.

anything other than a win would be a big surprise

The RBL result a few weeks back still haunts...

If we are to win the bundesliga this year we need to win at Leverkusens and Hamburgs etc

No more slips!

Top Bottom