• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Blablurn

even if we play like shit, i cant be mad at this man

just look at him

he's like the anti-pep

Ctwp7EbWYAAstkK.jpg:large

NHale

Not being funny, but are Chelsea really in the 'predictable' top 6 right now? Skirting it maybe, but definitely not solid.

They are still one of the best 6 teams on paper imo but like Man United there is a serious possibility they end up outside the top 6 especially if Leicester acquires a holding midfielder in January.

Audioboxer

Pogba FM17 nerf incoming, noooo! He's a god in FM16. I guess as long as Rashford gets a boost I'm happy. Martial is getting a nerf as well, as is Depay. Martial is a god in FM16 and Depay is damn good.

Anyway, better game than the other night but Ibra shouldn't be missing a chance like that neither should Pogba. All Lingaard could do was connect well and he did, so good save.

This better end with a win given how awful Stokes defence is and their inability to hold the ball. Jose has a boner with subbing Mata off. I know the guy isn't the fastest but he should have the stamina to last 90 minutes.

NHale

What was Rooney doing dragging the defender into the space Martial had to progress?

With this intensity United deserves to suffer one goal.

EDIT - Bingo.

Audioboxer

That's what happens when you don't push for 2-0 straight after getting the first.

Also lol @ Rooney having another fluff assist.

Audioboxer

The lack of intensity shown for almost the entire game doesn't fall only on the players. It's the managers job as well.

Some more Mourinho touchline dancing? Not much Mourinho can do about Ibra and Pogbas misses.

He's benching Rooney and putting out the squads we would be picking.

NHale

Some more Mourinho touchline dancing? Not much Mourinho can do about Ibra and Pogbas misses.

He's benching Rooney and putting out the squads we would be picking.

He choses the players. If those players lack intensity it's always his fault. But what is clear is that this team lacks something to win a title. They are not consistent and Pogba needs to be a difference maker which is something that he failed to do except for the Southampton game.

Also after the goal they starting going into passive mode which is a trademarked Mourinho move after the 75th minute when he's winning. The only thing that was left on the trademark Mourinho was putting Mikel in.

Pogba missed at least two clean chances. Poor performance from him.

He seemed more determined in this match though, maybe that's a plus.

longdi

Banned
I imagine what Klopp did with Pool players, Mou doesnt look special anymore.
In terms of quality, Mou has a better squad, but his team plays so sluggish and disjointed!
Mou out! Simeone in!

Audioboxer

He choses the players. If those players lack intensity it's always his fault. But what is clear is that this team lacks something to win a title. They are not consistent and Pogba needs to be a difference maker which is something that he failed to do except for the Southampton game.

Also after the goal they starting going into passive mode which is a trademarked Mourinho move after the 75th minute when he's winning. The only thing that was left on the trademark Mourinho was putting Mikel in.

Not really, they went for a second, some great play after the first goal, just no finishing (story of the game). They died once Stoke scored and heads dropped.

But sure Mourinho should have started with Depay, Rooney and Fellaini, right? Even Martial has had atrocious form as of late. He picked the right squad for this game, to think otherwise is to want to admit those on the bench were the better choices. They weren't, we were just let down by the same players who finished fine against Leicester.

I know the blame Mourinho for everything is a trademark of many footballs fans. Which is daft as if you have a brain you can clearly see times where the team isn't working well and it's not formation/tactics. Today it was simply players missing easy chances. And a goalkeeping error. So yes, the players fault for this one game, not the managers. He even made substitutes which created the goal (probably right to bring on Rooney/Martial at this point, as tons of missed chances), and responded with an attacking substitute after losing a goal.

In terms of quality, Mou has a better squad, but his team plays so sluggish and disjointed!
Mou out! Simeone in!

In his defense: You do have a ton of old / fat / sluggish players in your squad.

Jarnet87

If Zlatan goes far post on that first chance it's 1-0 early on and United comfortably sail by Stoke. Finishing wasn't there and Stoke converted one of their good chances when De Gea made an error. Lots of sloppy passing and losing possession today. Team is still better without Rooney, but they desperately need Mkhitaryan back. Need to him to be an impact at AM or on the wing. Having Rooney and Depay out there at the same time is a disaster, Depay is such a useless footballer.

Audioboxer

If Zlatan goes far post on that first chance it's 1-0 early on and United comfortably sail by Stoke. Finishing wasn't there and Stoke converted one of their good chances when De Gea made an error. Lots of sloppy passing and losing possession today. Team is still better without Rooney, but they desperately need Mkhitaryan back. Need to him to be an impact at AM or on the wing. Having Rooney and Depay out there at the same time is a disaster, Depay is such a useless footballer.

I started as one of his biggest defenders due to the potential but holy shit is he squandering it. When you start to consider Rashford taking his chance and running with it, Depay looks like he's picking up his wage cheque and going home. Annoying considering the flak he gave LvG saying he wasn't given a chance and any time Mou does bring him on he looks terrible.

He's totally going to end up a "could have been" player at this rate. Totally frustrating seeing as we have proof of quality at PSV. You'd expect the training facilities and staff at a club like Man Utd to get the best out of a young player. Martial I can at least say his head has been up his ass due to off the pitch personal problems, and today he showed he can bring the form back. Depay though besides 1 champions league game against a minnow team has never brought his PSV form back. It looks like he never will now, at least not at Man Utd. At a time when we need wingers it's beyond frustrating.

Mou out! Simeone in!

How did you come to this conclusion? They look about equal to me, the only difference is that Liverpool looks to be the fitter team.

I started as one of his biggest defenders due to the potential but holy shit is he squandering it. When you start to consider Rashford taking his chance and running with it, Depay looks like he's picking up his wage cheque and going home. Annoying considering the flak he gave LvG saying he wasn't given a chance and any time Mou does bring him on he looks terrible.

He's totally going to end up a "could have been" player at this rate. Totally frustrating seeing as we have proof of quality at PSV. You'd expect the training facilities and staff at a club like Man Utd to get the best out of a young player. Martial I can at least say his head has been up his ass due to off the pitch personal problems, and today he showed he can bring the form back. Depay though besides 1 champions league game against a minnow team has never brought his PSV form back. It looks like he never will now, at least not at Man Utd. At a time when we need wingers it's beyond frustrating.

Liverpool dodged a bullet there.

Floody

Really happy for Joe, hopefully Stoke can build off this now, as I'd hate for Joe to be playing in the championship. United were too wasteful with their chances though, could have easily been 2 or 3 up. Shame we have a international break now as I really want this United at Anfield.

Audioboxer

Anyone figured out why Pobga is worth £90m yet?

His previous form in a world where it's hard to get world class central midfielders. No club wants to sell, especially young talent, and if they do it's going to be silly money. Without a doubt though his form since moving has been crap.

Still, Man Utd fans would do best to support him and try and get him back up to steam than say what Madrid fans would be doing if this was Pogba 6 or 7 games into his Real debut season. In other words crucifying him like they did Bale. Bale pushed through that, but you still see it if Bale has 1 bad game he's a piece of shit player.

Form should be criticised but there's times fans take it far too far. Especially if it is clear a player is genuinely on a form downer and needs a lift. That though is up to the manager to handle as well, and dropping players should be used as a catalyst to resting/bringing back form. No player should be invincible to sitting it out. See Wayne Rooney under Moyes/LVG.

Pogba today though, unacceptable missing the chances he had.

Jarnet87

Zlatan and Pogba way off the mark today. Tons of bad passing and lost possession between the two.

Anfield is going to be interesting.

Floody

Really great 1st half by Spurs, definitely deserve their 2 goal lead. Seems City's weakness is high-intensity attacking teams.

Glad Spurs are winning this one to slow City down but at the same time, Spurs fans are going to be very difficult to drown out...

My man Joe Allen.

Top Bottom