• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Get the feeling that a tonne of Liverpool fans really quite like the idea of safe standing, but keep quiet out of respect for the Hillsborough families who oppose it.

Not sure if there's been any dialogue directly between the various Hillsborough organisations and the pro-standing ones. Honestly it seems to me that there's enough proof that safe standing is truly safe, but it's probably understandably impossible to change the mind of someone who lost a loved one in the disaster, even if the actual structures of the stands would be completely different from the way they were in 1989

Lunar FC

Finally free from my 2 month furry avatar hell!

B2zxDlm.gif

Blablurn

Keisuke Honda: "In Japan, there's basically no booing. In Milan, I think there's far too much of it. What's really wrong in Milan is that when you're down during a game, they just completely abandon you. I feel absolutely no love."

Jack cw

Keisuke Honda: "In Japan, there's basically no booing. In Milan, I think there's far too much of it. What's really wrong in Milan is that when you're down during a game, they just completely abandon you. I feel absolutely no love."
That is the way of the samurai.

Syder

He's completely right. Supporters in Italy are toxic. The attendances are shit, last season Milan averaged 37k and so far this season have been averaging around the 30k mark; Championship clubs do better than that, and they still have a penchant for ridiculous violence.

tim.mbp

He's completely right. Supporters in Italy are toxic. The attendances are shit, last season Milan averaged 37k and so far this season have been averaging around the 30k mark; Championship clubs do better than that, and they still have a penchant for ridiculous violence.

Haven't there been fan boycotts though? I don't think the ultras really care for Berlusconi's recent management.

Vetro

Really? Lol that's bad for big club like milan.
Stuttgart has an average of 45k in 2nd BL with nearly 25.000 sold season tickets.
There were 37k on a tuesday 5:30 pm game.

Syder

There have been boycotts, yes, notably with Lazio, Roma and Milan, but attendances across Serie A are pretty bad considering history. Ultras, crooked club staff and old stadiums that have been in dire need of renovation for a while and the easy availability of Serie A matches on TV make it much easier for fans to just stay away from matches.

Onemic

Is there a lot of racism within La Liga? I've already written off watching any Serie A matches due to hearing tons of reports of it over the years and no one really doing anything about it. Now Im hearing that the chairman of Real Madrid had been purposely paying former black players like Eto'o and Makalele less than non-black players, which now makes me not want to watch their games either even though they interest me the most within the league...

Elchele

Is there a lot of racism within La Liga? I've already written off watching any Serie A matches due to hearing tons of reports of it over the years and no one really doing anything about it. Now Im hearing that the chairman of Real Madrid had been purposely paying former black players like Eto'o and Makalele less than non-black players, which now makes me not want to watch their games either even though they interest me the most within the league...

Spain and Italy are still very racist countries

Makeda

I can't comment on the Real Madrid president as I'm not familiar with the case but La Liga does have its share of racism albeit less than Italy... & When compared to Eastern European football, it's a saint to be honest.

For instance, just at the start of this season Gijon were racially abusing Bilbao's first ever black player(Bilbao historically only sign basque region players so as a result, the diversity pool is rather slim)
You can read about that incident here - http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...nts-at-athletic-bilbaos-inaki-williams-082116

Other than that, the only incident that immediately comes to mind was Barcelona's Sergio Busquets calling Real Madrid defender, Marcello a Monkey http://www.marca.com/2014/03/25/en/football/barcelona/1395740786.html

Onemic

I can't comment on the Real Madrid president as I'm not familiar with the case but La Liga does have its share of racism albeit less than Italy... & When compared to Eastern European football, it's a saint to be honest.

For instance, just at the start of this season Gijon were racially abusing Bilbao's first ever black player(Bilbao historically only sign basque region players so as a result, the diversity pool is rather slim)
You can read about that incident here - http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...nts-at-athletic-bilbaos-inaki-williams-082116

Other than that, the only incident that immediately comes to mind was Barcelona's Sergio Busquets calling Real Madrid defender, Marcello a Monkey http://www.marca.com/2014/03/25/en/football/barcelona/1395740786.html

I can only imagine how bad Eastern Europe is. World Cup 2018 will be pretty interesting to say the least...Still dissapointing to see that it's so prevalent in top tier leagues and FIFA isnt doing much about it. I guess I'll go with the lesser of two evils and follow Barcelona

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Cavani scoring twice for Uruguay. What's this insanity?

Watching the highlights of South America qualifications the games seem much more spectacular than European ones. Italy-Spain by comparison was a bore fest.

Fdkn

lol where did that come from? Real Madrid made the mistake of letting go those players but it was never because of race, not even once I've heard such a thing. With Makelele there was that stupidity from Florentino thinking that Real Madrid had to be 'galacticos' and we ended with Beckham playing in that role (lol) and with Eto'o he was young and they weren't sure he was going to be that good. There's never been claims of racism inside Real Madrid with plenty of players from various races and nationalities.

And Spain it's nowhere near Italy in that regard too

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
His positioning is great, he just seriously lacks composure some times.

Yes, I know, he does everything so well. Everything but scoring usually. That's why he's "famous". If he was just an average player, he would have been ignored.

Syder

Onemic

lol where did that come from? Real Madrid made the mistake of letting go those players but it was never because of race, not even once I've heard such a thing. With Makelele there was that stupidity from Florentino thinking that Real Madrid had to be 'galacticos' and we ended with Beckham playing in that role (lol) and with Eto'o he was young and they weren't sure he was going to be that good. There's never been claims of racism inside Real Madrid with plenty of players from various races and nationalities.

And Spain it's nowhere near Italy in that regard too

The agent of Iker Casillas said it:

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015...orentino-perez-real-madrid-backheel-breakfast
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/perez-doesnt-black-players-says-casillas-agent

Fdkn

You're going to need a more reliable source that a guy that is on a known discredit campaign against Florentino because of what happened with Casillas, conceding numerous interviews to the anti-Florentino newspaper AS and other media and that by the way is now being investigated for fraud.

And he said this in 2015, lol. If there was really something like that, it would have appeared on that time.,

Onemic

Most agents are dirtbags with agendas, i.e.: Yaya Touré's agent, Dimitri Seluk

You're going to need a more reliable source that a guy that is on a known discredit campaign against Florentino because of what happened with Casillas, conceding numerous interviews to the anti-Florentino newspaper AS and other media and that by the way is now being investigated for fraud.

And he said this in 2015, lol. If there was really something like that, it would have appeared on that time.,

I'll take your word for it. I hope it isn't true.

Still gotta figure out who to follow though :p

Top Bottom