• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

I'll take your word for it. I hope it isn't true.

Still gotta figure out who to follow though :p
You could pick randomly or just watch a load of games and see who's style of play and players you find most interesting to watch.

I can foresee a lot of newcomers to football picking Liverpool to follow this season XD

Onemic

You could pick randomly or just watch a load of games and see who's style of play and players you find most interesting to watch.

I can foresee a lot of newcomers to football picking Liverpool to follow this season XD

Im currently doing the latter. I like Real Madrid's legacy of past players more than Barcelona's, but I like the current roster of players on Barcelona more than Madrid. Neymar and Messi on the same team is too much. I havent watched enough to get a handle on both teams styles of play yet though.

And I've always liked Messi more than C.Ronaldo too, so there's that.

Im currently doing the latter. I like Real Madrid's legacy of past players more than Barcelona's, but I like the current roster of players on Barcelona more than Madrid. Neymar and Messi on the same team is too much. I havent watched enough to get a handle on both teams styles of play yet though.

And I've always liked Messi more than C.Ronaldo too, so there's that.
Or you could pick a team other than the best two...

Onemic

Or you could pick a team other than the best two...

I could, but then I'd have no players I'm interested in watching. Chelsea is the main team I'm following anyway. Past them, any other team I follow will only be for the players or their potential to get/grow future big name players.

Therefore Bundesliga is Bayern and LaLiga is Madrid/Barcelona

la_briola

I could, but then I'd have no players I'm interested in watching. Chelsea is the main team I'm following anyway. Past them, any other team I follow will only be for the players or their potential to get/grow future big name players.

You got that wrong mate, you mean Dortmund (BVB).

RiggyRob

Condolences.

Onemic

You got that wrong mate, you mean Dortmund (BVB).

I know Dortmund has Reus, but I thought that Bayern has always had the largest pool of talent to this day? They're destroying the league this season too.

And they have Robben, which is an auto bonus in my eyes

Condolences.

I was surprised they did so bad last year. They didnt even make the Champions League this year. ;_;

la_briola

I know Dortmund has Reus, but I thought that Bayern has always had the largest pool of talent to this day? They're destroying the league this season too.

And they have Robben, which is an auto bonus in my eyes

I was surprised they did so bad last year. They didnt even make the Champions League this year. ;_;

Reus is not a talent anymore, hes is world class and proven. His only flaw is that hes always injured and never wins.

Dortmund has the talent: Guerreiro (Portuguese Messi), Dembelé (French Messi), Mor (Turkish Messi) and Pulisic (American Messi). They also have Weigl and a few others.

That is the club you need to watch.

Onemic

Reus is not a talent anymore, hes is world class and proven. His only flaw is that hes always injured and never wins.

Dortmund has the talent: Guerreiro (Portuguese Messi), Dembelé (French Messi), Mor (Turkish Messi) and Pulisic (American Messi). They also have Weigl and a few others.

That is the club you need to watch.

All these potential Messi's and they're all in their teens....I'll check them out.

Onemic

How can you be so concerned about racism yet follow Chelsea.

Bayern-GAF: Julian Green is stating in today's friendly!

I've been very casually following Chelsea for 10 years. Im not gonna stop now.

That and the organization has been pretty good with denouncing and dealing with racist fans. La Liga and Serie A annoy me more because both leagues dont do enough to combat the racism from their fans or players.

Points yields since Klopp became Liverpool manager:

UpZQBO9.png

Syder

This isn't nearly as inspired as Tyldesley is talking it up to be. This is standard procedure, beating shitty teams convincingly. I'll perk up when we're doing them all 5-0+ like we should be.

slider

This isn't nearly as inspired as Tyldesley is talking it up to be. This is standard procedure, beating shitty teams convincingly. I'll perk up when we're doing them all 5-0+ like we should be.

Yeah, thought we huffed and puffed a bit. Still, you can only beat what's in front of you!

I hate ITV commentary. So obsequious/sycophantic and, sometimes, slightly deluded.

Mory Dunz

Anyone know why FS1's WCQ music is just "alleluia sing to jesus"?

like the hymn, but they didn't exactly make it themselves. Seems random

VLiberty

I was heartbroken when I learnt about this. fucking hell

we don't have any other player like him. Gabbiadini isn't a cf and they should've worked on this during the transfer session...on the other hand, if we got another cf, we probably wouldn't have signed Maksimovic, leaving us with no defender to play along Koulibaly, now that Chiriches, Albiol and Tonelli are all broken

fucking hell

slider

England are atrocious. No amount of slo-mo Southgate fist pumps (against Malta) are gonna change that.

Edit: Actually, the tempo seems a little higher in Slovenia's half. But it's a little uninspired.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Rooney is going to come on and score the winner

condemning England to another embarrassing tournament exit in two years.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Looking at today's games I can understand why Germans find the international games boring.

Not boring for the rest of Europe though. Or at least not very predictable.

Jarnet87

So Southgate beat Malta in a mediocre performance, then drew to Slovenia with a dogshit performance.

He's perfect for the England job. #statusquo.

Top Bottom