• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

la_briola

Diego Contento scored
an OG
today

who?
QbadP.png

NHale

I know it's early in the season and even 3 weeks ago everyone was convinced that Man City would run away with the title this year and 1 month ago Wenger should be fired but if Man Utd loses today, they are 6 pts behind from 1st and 5pts behind 4th and then they go to Chelsea on Sunday.

So they are at serious risk of going 8pts behind 4th by next Sunday. Nobody at the start of the season would ever imagine United being out of the CL next year but if the lose the next 2 games, oh boy....

But this were always the games were Mourinho teams show if they are title caliber teams or not (parking the bus and win 1-0 or tie 0-0). If they lose both, they are done and the press will start charging against him again.

VLiberty

Sooo... Psg is 2nd, Barca is 4th with Real and Atletico being just a point above Sevilla, BM is just 2 points above 2nd and 3rd, the first four teams in PL are all very close...

and then there's Juve. 5 points above Milan(lol) and Roma. We're probably the only actual contender along with Roma, but we're 7 point down due to a combination of not having a cf(Milik can't come back soon enough), refs stealing us 4 points and a coach who doesn't know how to deal with subs(now that we have pretty good players to sub)

At this point I just want to pass the group stage, by February we should have Milik back I guess so maybe we can have a decent round of 16th I guess? Other than that, fuck this season already

edit: assuming Milik doesn't pull a Rafael Cabral and comes back as a shit player despite playing very well before the injury.

Jarnet87

I think Mou will stick with Pogba and Herrera in midfield, Mata in front of them. Bit torn because I would rather start 3 in midfield but Mata has done really well against Pool since joining United. Excited to see what Jose does

RiggyRob

I know it's early in the season and even 3 weeks ago everyone was convinced that Man City would run away with the title this year and 1 month ago Wenger should be fired but if Man Utd loses today, they are 6 pts behind from 1st and 5pts behind 4th and then they go to Chelsea on Sunday.

So they are at serious risk of going 8pts behind 4th by next Sunday. Nobody at the start of the season would ever imagine United being out of the CL next year but if the lose the next 2 games, oh boy....

But this were always the games were Mourinho teams show if they are title caliber teams or not (parking the bus and win 1-0 or tie 0-0). If they lose both, they are done and the press will start charging against him again.

Alternatively, if we win tonight we're at serious risk of having 19 points on Sunday. The press are still more concerned with Rooney for the time being I'd say.

Onemic

Why is everyone saying that Pogba isnt performing? I havent had a chance to watch him play in PL this season, but just looking at his stats and ratings for what he's done this year it seems that he's the best player on ManU atm.

la_briola

Why is everyone saying that Pogba isnt performing? I havent had a chance to watch him play in PL this season, but just looking at his stats and ratings for what he's done this year it seems that he's the best player on ManU atm.

:lol

You need to compare him his Juve games, not at stats.

VLiberty

Pogba has always been overrated. 100+ milions are absolutely crazy, and the fact that United (which let him go for free) of all the teams bought him for that money is something lol-worthy for the next 25 years

TeddyBoy

Managed to get a ticket for the big game tonight, I've been predicting 0-1 to United for the last two weeks so I sure as hell hope I'm wrong! xD

bjaelke

Club football is finally back. I've found myself playing games for the past week just trying to pass time.

---

Karius; Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner; Henderson, Can; Coutinho, Firmino, Mane; Sturridge.

De Gea; Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Blind; Fellaini, Pogba; Rashford, Herrera, Young; Ibrahimovic.

Big game, big moment. This is our chance to tie for first place and go 6-points ahead of United, we have to take our chances here.

Lallana on bench. C'mon Klopp!

Best wishes.

Jarnet87

Return of the fellaigoat, and Ashley young (da fuq). Saw a tweet that Martial picked up a minor knee injury, but why not start Lingard or put Young on the left and Mata on the right

DKehoe

Martial and Mkhitaryan not even on the bench?

Edit: Martial injured apparently and I guess this isn't really the game to bring Mkhitaryan back for. Rushing him back for the city game was a mistake

bjaelke

Football Manager 2017 beta hits tomorrow.
Return of the fellaigoat, and Ashley young (da fuq). Saw a tweet that Martial picked up a minor knee injury, but why not start Lingard or put Young on the left and Mata on the right

Going to break the 81 crosses record you set against Fulham.

NHale

Martial and Mkhitaryan not even on the bench?

Fellaini and Young starting and a midfield of Fellaini-Pogba-Herrera. Park the bus after warming in hotel car park.

Enjoy the easy win Liverpool fans.

EDIT - Can't wait for Mourinho to start Fellaini-Herrera-Carrick-Pogba-Ibra next week to avoid a defeat vs. Chelsea. Poor Schneiderlin can't do anything with this fucking guy.

Top Bottom