• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

NHale

I usually don't absolutely hate Mourinho tactics just like I don't hate Simeone tactics. But you can't park the bus IF you are true contender when you aren't near the leading pack in the table.

They deserve to lose.

bjaelke

Just a fax machine away from taking all 3 points today. Shame we didn't go for it in the first half. United got what they came for.

I guess the clean sheet calls for a celebration.

sora87

Shame liverpool had to play 60 minutes with 10 men. Sturridge is gone in january i bet.
Jose sure knows how to kill that big match feel with his back 7.

Audioboxer

Terrible game to watch. I guess it's better than getting hammered by Liverpool like some expected.

Mou's big test will be going to Chelsea at the weekend.

Also lol @ Rooney. Totally done.

Audioboxer

That Premier League money and quality I guess.

There is still largely a huge lack of skill and technical ability in the premier league. It's all sacrificed for stamina, pace and strength. Players are dumb as fuck, can't pick passes, can't beat a man and skillful tricks are rare.

Liverpool put a few skillful moves together but lack of concentration let a few of them go. As I said, most players are dumb.

I just don't understand why Sturridge isn't working in this system. It's greatly infuriating. Origi and Lallana should've come on sooner I feel.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
There is still largely a huge lack of skill and technical ability in the premier league. It's all sacrificed for stamina, pace and strength. Players are dumb as fuck.

Yeah. Except Zlatan, Pogba and Coutinho there was no player to have the skill and courage to try to go one on one with another player.

bjaelke

Duncan Alexander @oilysailor
Touches in opposition penalty area this weekend:
Man City 64
Nathan Redmond 12
Man Utd 6
Terrible game to watch. I guess it's better than getting hammered by Liverpool like some expected.

Mou's big test will be going to Chelsea at the weekend.

Next week isn't going to be any better for us spectators.

Audioboxer

Yeah. Except Zlatan, Pogba and Coutinho there was no player to have the skill and courage to try to go one on one with another player.

And Zlatan doesn't have the pace. Man Utd won't win anything playing him on his own with Rashford and Young hugging the touchline. I know tonight was classic Mou park the bus, but in general, they need more men attacking.

I really wish we'd go back to a 4-4-2. Have hated playing this formation for seasons. No one is signing wingers though... It's infuriating. Everyone is an inside forward... Or like Martial/Rashford strikers being made to play wide.

Audioboxer

How the fuck do you not at least try giving Schweinsteiger a game after that?

Because a holding midfielder wasn't what was needed? Defensively besides one or two blips Fellaini and Herrera done their job.

The attack was castrated by fullbacks being told to stay back and "wingers" didn't come inside to help Zlatan.

You forgot Mane, twice he took on a bunch of United players. Then when Lallana came on, the game opened up for us but again like classic fucktard Maureen, all he did was play 10 behind the ball. I can't wait till this clown is sacked again.

Atomic Odin

What did the crowd shout at Rooney when he went to take that throw in? He stared at them for like a proper 2-3 seconds

Typical Mou's tactics again, 300M 6-3-1 formation..good job. De Gea had no business saving both of those shots. First one was fired at a decent speed low with two or three players ahead of him, how the fuck he managed to save that. Second would have probably went 9 times out of 10 but again.. Fuck you madrid and your fax machine

What did the crowd shout at Rooney when he went to take that throw in? He stared at them for like a proper 2-3 seconds

Typical Mou's tactics again, 300M 6-3-1 formation..good job. De Gea had no business saving both of those shots. First one was fired at a decent speed low with two or three players ahead of him, how the fuck he managed to save that. Second would have probably went 9 times out of 10 but again.. Fuck you madrid and your fax machine

Crowd was shouting 'you fat bastard' when he was warming up I think, then threw the ball to/at him when he went to take a throw

Syder

Because a holding midfielder wasn't what was needed?
Schweinsteiger is accustomed to a multitude of midfield roles and is still probably United's best deep-lying playmaker. I'm not suggesting he should be in the starting XI every week but he's a decent squad player, and if things do go tits up for Mourinho when the enquiry happens people will be pointing to things like the treatment of Schweinsteiger as one of his fuck ups.

Typical Mou's tactics again, 300M 6-3-1 formation..good job.
If LVG was still manager he'd being getting slated for that playstyle. If Rooney was playing like Ibrahimović is; he's missed 6 clear-cut chances this season, more than anyone else in the division
even Walcott
, he'd be getting slated even more than Rooney already is.

Top Bottom