• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

tim.mbp

Doesn't even make the bench.

De Gea, Valencia, Rojo, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Herrera, Mata, Pogba, Rashford, Ibrahimovic

Caballero; Maffeo, Otamendi, Kompany, Clichy; Fernandinho, Garcia; Navas, Nolito, Sané; Iheanacho.

José taking this serious.

Jarnet87

Rojo and Blind together. Sometimes combining two things together sounds awful but it can create something wonderful. This is not one of those things, unless we talking about wonderful trainwrecks

King_Moc

Banned
I really wish someone at United would clarify this situation. Mkhitaryan returned to training from a thigh injury FOUR weeks ago and insists he is fully fit and 'training intensively'.

Probably the same as with Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger now. That club is just ruining players.

I think Man City will take this, I thought they did well against Barcelona, Might have gotten a result if they focused more on defense.

Should be a good game, both times have something to prove today.

Onemic

I really wish someone at United would clarify this situation. Mkhitaryan returned to training from a thigh injury FOUR weeks ago and insists he is fully fit and 'training intensively'.

Didnt that guy hastily leave Dortmund without much warning either? That's the worst luck to have.

EmiPrime

Just got home half an hour ago. Is the second half of this Manchester derby going to be a good way to spend my evening or has it been a bit of a shit game?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Not a great game but Saints have five academy graduates starting tonight. Puel deserves a lot of credit for giving these guys a chance every week. The pressure of getting results at club that prides itself on youth must be a difficult balancing act.

Syder

Edimilson Fernandes impressing again. Cracking goal.

Chelsea started David Luiz, Cahill, Terry, Kanté & Azpilicueta and have just brought on Costa; I have to wonder if Conte wanted to win this match and this is something of an upset.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
RArFXfR.gif

Syder

Best case scenario for City to take United to ET and penalties regardless of the result?
Would leave their first team players knackered for the Burnley game on Saturday.

NHale

Mourinho parking the bus already. He has to save the season. Time for John Obi Mikel to enter the pitch Mou.

Ibra keeps missing the target. Maybe Wenger was right. Oh no....

He's either on Mourinho's doghouse or his injury is more severe than initially said, so he's in Mourinho doghouse. Apparently Shaw left the place after almost 2 months in it.

NHale

I know it's a small sample size but last week match vs Fenerbahce and this one vs. B-team Man City really show how Carrick positively impacts the team as a holding midfielder.

Of course he can't last the entire season at his age but it shows how much they need a true holding midfielder that can make the right pass and cover the space with efficiency. Herrera can pass but he's not a true holding midfielder for a team like United. Maybe a sub as a number 8 but not much than that.

spidye

Wanted to say something

Thiago is a god. He's such a beast right now. What a player.
Blows my mind that pep nearly killed thiago's career and I couldn't witness duch a talent

slider

Great win, 3 wins in a row, no losses in 4, Cresswell's back and already delivering, Edimilson looks like a top prospect already and Ayew made an appearance.

If Zaza had scored it would've been perfect.

Got a few mates there tonight. Shame about the trouble. I don't wanna say it was inevitable but... Everyone had a feeling something might happen. Self fulfilling prophecy. Just hoping folks get away safely.

NHale

6 games without win is stuff that happens when you stop coaching stupidly overpowered teams. Today they were very poor though.

Now wait just for unavoidable Man Utd - Arsenal, Arsenal - Liverpool or Liverpool - Man Utd draw.

Floody

I'll take Leeds at home.

Only watched the second half, but was surprised at how weak the City team selection was, I know they have way more important competitions to focus on, but still if Klopp did something similar to Everton or United I'd be pissed, do it in the next round if you want out, not against your biggest rivals.

Syder

Atmosphere was immense tonight. London Stadium's first 'under the lights, cup game against a rival' and it didn't disappoint. Shame about the crowd trouble but I put the blame solely at the door of the higher ups within our club who've tried to sterilise the environment and neglected to have appropriate stewarding/policing which has just antagonised our fan base.

Jarnet87

It was nice to beat City even if it wasn't a full strength City. The midfield was able to pass the ball and look pretty comfortable with Herera and Carrick starting. Rojo actually defended well, thought he was less shaky then Blind. On the downside there goes a bunch of players going for the full 90 again in a useless competition. Mkhitaryan nowhere to be spotted, Martial nowhere to be spotted. No chance Carrick plays at the weekend. Losing to Burnley at the weekend is more devastating then some league cup game.

Beefy

@BBCSport

Claims that homophobic anti-Chelsea song sheets were distributed at #WHUCHE are being investigated.

http://bbc.in/2eJmEco

Claims that homophobic anti-Chelsea song sheets were distributed at West Ham's London Stadium are being investigated.

Hammers fan Nadeem Qureshi posted an image of one of the flyers, urging fans to sing homophobic lyrics about Chelsea captain John Terry, on social media.

Qureshi told BBC Radio 5 live that the leaflets were being handed out before the home side's 2-1 EFL Cup win.

"It was quite idiotic and a bit disgusting," he said.

Qureshi told BBC Radio 5 live's Afternoon Edition that the song sheets seemed to be being handed out by "one person being moronic" and said no fans were singing the chant.

BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent Richard Conway, who was at the game, said he heard no evidence of homophobic chanting.

The match was marred by crowd disorder with the police making seven arrests.

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said its investigation into the disturbances will include "a leaflet handed out before the match containing homophobic contents".

West Ham told BBC Sport it was "investigating the alleged distribution of these flyers" and would "take the strongest possible action against those responsible".

Anti-discrimination group Kick It Out said it had "received reports of homophobic literature being distributed" and had reported it to the Football Association, which is also investigating.

Edit:

CvxwYGzXEAAACBm.jpg

ghst

thanks for the laugh
trouble was a bit of handbags. not a single connected punch all night. not surprising to see the guardian and BBC paint it like aleppo the way they've had it in for our club lately.

MOTM was the bloke in the east stand who brought the giant cardboard jack russell.

Beefy

trouble was a bit of handbags. not a single connected punch all night. not surprising to see the guardian and BBC paint it like aleppo the way they've had it in for our club lately.

MOTM was the bloke in the east stand who brought the giant cardboard jack russell.

Yep, the real problem is the BBC... not the homophobic chants or leaflets /s.

Top Bottom