• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

West Ham fans are scum
2pejYdw.gif

Pointless generalisation is pointless.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Yep, the real problem is the BBC... not the homophobic chants or leaflets /s.

cause it was definitely chanted. west ham supporters have a long tradition of singing songs delivered to them on a4 bits of paper by one melt with a photocopier.

i mean, you were there and you heard it didn't you mate? big rousing chorus of it, right before the ICF stormed in with rivet hammers.

Audioboxer

@BBCSport

Claims that homophobic anti-Chelsea song sheets were distributed at #WHUCHE are being investigated.

http://bbc.in/2eJmEco

Claims that homophobic anti-Chelsea song sheets were distributed at West Ham's London Stadium are being investigated.

Hammers fan Nadeem Qureshi posted an image of one of the flyers, urging fans to sing homophobic lyrics about Chelsea captain John Terry, on social media.

Qureshi told BBC Radio 5 live that the leaflets were being handed out before the home side's 2-1 EFL Cup win.

"It was quite idiotic and a bit disgusting," he said.

Qureshi told BBC Radio 5 live's Afternoon Edition that the song sheets seemed to be being handed out by "one person being moronic" and said no fans were singing the chant.

BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent Richard Conway, who was at the game, said he heard no evidence of homophobic chanting.

The match was marred by crowd disorder with the police making seven arrests.

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said its investigation into the disturbances will include "a leaflet handed out before the match containing homophobic contents".

West Ham told BBC Sport it was "investigating the alleged distribution of these flyers" and would "take the strongest possible action against those responsible".

Anti-discrimination group Kick It Out said it had "received reports of homophobic literature being distributed" and had reported it to the Football Association, which is also investigating.

Edit:

CvxwYGzXEAAACBm.jpg

Man babies in football continue to set the bar high for the darwin awards.

West Ham fans were enjoying some violence the other night as well - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37793920

I'm singling out West Ham fans in this instance, but overall targeting football fans in general. Filled with toxic masculinity and other bullshit. Banter is one thing, but football fans routinely take it much further. England does have a fairly bad problem with hooliganism. More so at International events.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Really clever to put your online handle at the bottom of your homophobic song, don't want anyone stealing it now do we.

West Ham have said they could ban up to 200 fans, hopefully it's more because all the scapegoating of the stewards and everything else has really been a cover up for what's really happened which is that you can get tickets so cheaply for west ham now that there are scumbags (not saying they aren't also West Ham fans but I doubt any of them were at upton park last year) buying tickets because they see it as a cheap way to get into a situation where they can start some shit and end up with dozens of people backing them up.

Beefy

cause it was definitely chanted. west ham supporters have a long tradition of singing songs delivered to them on a4 bits of paper by one melt with a photocopier.

i mean, you were there and you heard it didn't you mate? big rousing chorus of it, right before the ICF stormed in with rivet hammers.

Defending a small amount of your supporters that do this shit is sad.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
you find out who it is be sure to let any west ham community know because they'll definitely want a quiet word with the twat.

the fact that we've already got a dozen songs about shagger terry and in all my years of going i don't once recall there being a song sheet handed out (and neither does anyone else) makes me think that maybe there's something more to this.

it wasn't west ham who broke through the cordoned area, that was all chelsea. go look at the footage. we were 2-0 up and loving it.

but be sure to follow the media's lead instead of listening to people who were actually there. like i said, not a single connected punch and you'd all think it was a scene from the warriors.

almost forgot why i never post in this thread. full of internet football fans who live through their twitter feeds, tabloid headlines and acestreams instead of actually experiencing it first hand.

Beefy

you find out who it is be sure to let any west ham community know because they'll definitely want a quiet word with the twat.

the fact that we've already got a dozen songs about shagger terry and in all my years of going i don't once recall there being a song sheet handed out (and neither does anyone else) makes me think that maybe there's something more to this.

it wasn't west ham who broke through the cordoned area, that was all chelsea. go look at the footage. we were 2-0 up and loving it.

but be sure to follow the media's lead instead of listening to people who were actually there. like i said, not a single connected punch and you'd all think it was a scene from the warriors.

almost forgot why i never post in this thread. full of internet football fans who live through their twitter feeds, tabloid headlines and acestreams instead of actually experiencing it first hand.
You have no idea what I do in my life, but yet seek to judge me, just for having a different opinion then you.

Nowhere did I say it was just West Ham fans ( it takes two to tango), nowhere have i said all West Ham fans are scum. But the fact even your own Brady says up to 200 fans could be banned says something.

Seeing violence and pictures with people from both sets of supports that end up with cuts on their heads or coins thrown at them is not what you want to see at a football ground. As a season ticket holder for nearly 12 yrs (yes that is right I go to watch games shocking right) I haven't seen anything as bad as that, is it as bad as back in the day? No, but it shouldn't be blindly just swept under a carpet either.

Beefy

I mean, there's a case to be made for every club's fans being scum. Will City fans acting like nobs get the same coverage as West Ham fans? Of course not. The simple fact is, this can happen at any ground where stewarding/policing is inadequate and that's exactly the situation at The Olympic Stadium.

That is the biggest problem with your stadium, that and it wasn't really designed to have segregation. Shame a few idiots want to take advantage of it.

Syder

That is the biggest problem with your stadium, that and it wasn't really designed to have segregation. Shame a few idiots want to take advantage of it.
Another issue is League Cup games are super cheap meaning the already discounted youth price tickets are a pittance. You always see your blatant once-a-seasoners in the early rounds of the Cups and a lot of them couldn't care less about getting in trouble, getting bans or ruining their club's image.

Lunar FC

My b, let me move to europe right quick.

Audioboxer

lol Mou

Jose Mourinho: Manchester United boss charged over pre-Liverpool referee comments

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has been charged by the Football Association for claiming it would be "difficult" for referee Anthony Taylor to officiate their game with Liverpool.

Mourinho added appointing Taylor for the 17 October match had put "pressure" on the Manchester-based official.

Managers are not supposed to speak about referees prior to matches.

Mourinho has until 31 October to respond to a charge of improper conduct and bringing the game into disrepute.

Taylor issued four yellow cards - all to Manchester United - in the 0-0 draw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37785929

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guedes2uusf.gif

Nice scorcher from Guedes tonight, kid is 19 too, lots of room to grow.

We've obviously been playing really well with Sanchez leading the line, but a part of me has been sad to see Giroud out of the side and I'm delighted to see him score with his first touch after so long out of the team.

Jarnet87

No Mkhyitaryan, not even on the bench. Jose why.

De Gea; Darmian Blind Rojo Shaw; Herrera Pogba; Lingard Mata Rashford; Ibra.

Bench:Romero Carrick, Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Young, Memphis, Rooney.

tim.mbp

Anyone other Americans have no commentary audio in the Bayern game.

Edit: Fuck, FS2 switched to Mainz game until they sort it out.

Top Bottom