• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Fdkn

It's the kind of game you can laugh off if you are 1~3rd in the league as one of those totally insane days of bad luck.

When you're 7th or 8th there is no laughing except at you. Mourinho was responsible for losses or draws elsewhere even if the players were the let down today.

And it's totally fine to criticise those other matches, but today.. the only thing he could've done is to go on the pit and score himself

Moyes is sitting where in the league just now? The guy was totally out of his depth and not one superstar players look up to. But by all means maybe City should have brought in Moyes instead?

He's managing a team thats like 1/100th the cost of United. Mou apologists makes me laugh.

Audioboxer

And it's totally fine to criticise those other matches, but today.. the only thing he could've done is to go on the pit and score himself

Getting sent to the stands was stupid. No amount of complaining at half time makes a penalty not given suddenly be given.

He's managing a team thats like 1/100th the cost of United. Mou apologists makes me laugh.

Saying Moyes is shite makes me a Mourinho apologist? Do tell me how Moyes got on after his united job? Also tell me how many trophies Moyes has won?

Moyes fans make me laugh. Even Everton Moyes was doing well as a mid table manager.

Syder

#WorseThanMoyes

Moyes - 10 games, 5 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses, 17 goals, 13 conceded
pqnuwEP.png

Mourinho - 10 games, 4 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses, 13 goals, 12 conceded

TeddyBoy

In case anyone wants an easy bet, Benteke is certain to score against Liverpool today.

It's against his old club.
Benteke scores mostly headers and Liverpool concede mostly from set pieces.
Benteke's goal record against Liverpool is something like 8 goals in 9 games against :lol

milanbaros

Member?
In case anyone wants an easy bet, Benteke is certain to score against Liverpool today.

It's against his old club.
Benteke scores mostly headers and Liverpool concede mostly from set pieces.
Benteke's goal record against Liverpool is something like 8 goals in 9 games against :lol

Yeah. I think it's a lock.

Moyes is sitting where in the league just now? The guy was totally out of his depth and not one superstar players look up to. But by all means maybe City should have brought in Moyes instead?

Mourinho, Klopp or whoever probably would be bottom of the league or close with that shite Sunderland side.

Beefy

Utd broke Moyes. He was decent at Everton for a fair few years.

‏@SkySportsStatto

Ibrahimovic had the most attempts of any player in a PL match this season (12). He’s had 35 attempts without scoring in his last 6 PL apps

Getting sent to the stands was stupid. No amount of complaining at half time makes a penalty not given suddenly be given.

Saying Moyes is shite makes me a Mourinho apologist? Do tell me how Moyes got on after his united job? Also tell me how many trophies Moyes has won?

Moyes fans make me laugh. Even Everton Moyes was doing well as a mid table manager.

You're making excuses for a guy self titled the Special One. Spent over £150 million on 3 players only and is now saying that he needs more world class players before they start seeing success. Yeah Mou apologist makes me laugh and lol @ me being a Moyes fan.

King_Moc

Banned
You're making excuses for a guy self titled the Specil One. Spent over £150 million on 3 players only and is now saying that eh needs more world class players before they start seeing success. Yeah Mou apologist makes me laugh and lol @ me being a Moyes fan.

This in particular is completely ridiculous when you look at the spend of teams like Liverpool and Arsenal, and how they're doing.

Audioboxer

Mourinho, Klopp or whoever probably would be bottom of the league or close with that shite Sunderland side.

Probably so, but my point stands, find a top European club that will employ Moyes, let alone right after one of the greatest managers in football retires. Fergie got it all wrong recommending Moyes, he was totally out of his depth.

You're making excuses for a guy self titled the Specil One. Spent over £150 million on 3 players only and is now saying that eh needs more world class players before they start seeing success. Yeah Mou apologist makes me laugh and lol @ me being a Moyes fan.

My friend you're arguing a bit childish against someone on football GAF who is probably one of the most level headed in this section. If you aren't a fan of Moyes why on earth did you take the time to quote me defending against me saying Moyes isn't a top team manager? I wasn't even talking about Mourinho in that sentence.

Heck read the last few of my few posts, I'm aiming criticism just fine at Mourinho. Saying Moyes was not a top team manager has nothing to do with being an apologist of anyone. As I said, I'll await anyone defending Moyes to campaign for, or had campaigned for him to take over at your supported club.

Probably so, but my point stands, find a top European club that will employ Moyes, let alone right after one of the greatest managers in football retires. Fergie got it all wrong recommending Moyes, he was totally out of his depth.

My friend you're arguing a bit childish against someone on football GAF who is probably one of the most level headed in this section. If you aren't a fan of Moyes why on earth did you take the time to quote me defending against me saying Moyes isn't a top team manager? I wasn't even talking about Mourinho in that sentence.

Heck read the my few posts I'm aiming criticism just fine at Mourinho. Saying Moyes was not a top team manager has nothing to do with being an apologist of anyone. As I said, I'll await anyone defending Moyes to campaign for, or had campaigned for him to take over at your supported club.

I'm being childish? You're the one being vigilant in defending Mou as if he's your father or something but yet I'm childish? Ok

Audioboxer

I'm being childish? You're the one being vigilant in defending Mou as if he's your father or something but yet I'm childish? Ok

I'm not even defending Mourinho today? Did you read anything I wrote? Just above I actively argued against someone with a Mourinho avatar. You came at me calling me an apologist when I wasn't even speaking to you. So yeah, I stand by my words. I really don't have time for football fans who act like annoying children instead of actually having a debate if they disagree with you. Throwing around words and calling people names reminds me of 15 year olds arguing about why their team is better.

I'm not even defending Mourinho today? Did you read anything I wrote? Just above I actively argued against someone with a Mourinho avatar. You came at me calling me an apologist when I wasn't even speaking to you. So yeah, I stand by my words. I really don't have time for football fans who act like annoying children instead of actually having a debate if they disagree with you. Throwing around words and calling people names reminds me of 15 year olds arguing about why their team is better.

I'm a child but yet you're the one with the insults. Awesome.

Audioboxer

I'm a child but yet you're the one with the insults. Awesome.

WpsnwMs.gif

But yeah, just remember you kicked things off by quoting me and had nothing more productive to say to my views on Moyes other than "Mou apologist, I'm laughing". Sorry if you expected that to produce a higher quality reply from me. It genuinely sounded like a bitter Moyes fan not happy United fans aren't all screaming for Moyes back.

WpsnwMs.gif

But yeah, just remember you kicked things off by quoting me and had nothing more productive to say to my views on Moyes other than "Mou apologist, I'm laughing". Sorry if you expected that to produce a higher quality reply from me. It genuinely sounded like a bitter Moyes fan not happy United fans aren't all screaming for Moyes back.

I guess its easy to say someone adds nothing productive when you want to ignore the facts. Again I'm not a Moyes, never was never will be. But keep making more excuses for Mou.

EmiPrime

Nobody would deny that Moyes was out of his depth at United, it's just funny to point out the double standards when comparing his results and transfer spend to Mourinho's and LVG's.

Nobody is a "Moyes fan" Audioboxer! I have some sympathy for him and I think he was set up to fail and it would be sweet karma if Ryan Giggs never gets a big job in football management for his part in it but that's as far as it goes.

Audioboxer

I guess its easy to say someone adds nothing productive when you want to ignore the facts. Again I'm not a Moyes, never was never will be. But keep making more excuses for Mou.

All I said above was Moyes was sacked when the season was unsalvageable. Where did I deny Moyes has had a better start than Mourinho? That was the leap of logic that got the bee in your bonnet to quote me when I wasn't even speaking to you and call me a Mou apologist. My advice stands, next time you don't agree with something maybe ask a question rather than be so quick to proverbially chuck someone under the bus? That's the attitude I dislike in football fans, always so quick to try and get one up on someone. It is very playground like behaviour.

Having a better start does not equal the end of the season when it's finalized who has made the champions league. Plus I embarked on the philosophical debate of is Moyes a top team manager anyway, which I say, no he's not. Regardless of what happened to him at Man Utd. I'm glad you agree there.

Top Bottom