• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

DBT85

denial stage detected

I didn't say the results were better, they aren't. Nobody can look at the performances under moyes or gal and prefer them to Mourinho. Moyes with 87 crosses, Gaal with 130% possession and 1 shot on goal.

I prefer watching this team play, but you have to get the points come the end of the season.

tim.mbp

Carrasco is something else. Glad he signed a new deal. Hopefully Atleti will be able to hold on to everyone for at least another season.

I think your a couple stages ahead of me, every match I'm certain we'll lose. Too many years of Lollerpool have done me in.

Honestly in the past I was usually a negative bastard when watching Liverpool, but in the early parts of this season I can see that the team is made of some great characters as Brendan would put it.

Syder

As per usual we make Everton look way better than they are. Our final third is Championship standard at the moment because, as predicted, Zaza is total wank. We need Sakho and Carroll back.

Syder

8leOra4.png

Saints' defence sleeping.

Syder

Mourinho bans Schweinsteiger from playing for Man Utd Reserves

The German is understood to have been told he may not play for any of the Red Devils' sides as the stand-off between him and the coach escalates. Jose Mourinho is alleged to have completely ostracised Bastian Schweinsteiger at Manchester United, with the German allegedly blocked from playing for the reserves having already been banished from the first team.

The Mirror reports that the 32-year-old outcast had hoped to keep up his match fitness ahead of finding a new club by playing some minutes for United's other sides, after being told he was not in Mourinho's first-team plans. However, it looks like Schweinsteiger has again been foiled despite the Sunday People claiming reserve boss Warren Joyce had requested for the World Cup winner's services in the Under-23 Premier League.

Mourinho and his staff responded in no uncertain terms that the veteran was not to play for any of the club's other teams and is only allowed to train.
Schweini's not invited to Dab University.

El Topo

Well if he just stays he is entitled to his wages even if he doesnt play or train right?

Sure, but maybe Schweinsteiger has delusions about his future at United. This makes it harder for him to keep busy, which in turn probably makes it harder for him to get a good contract elsewhere.
Either way, bush league behavior by United.

In any case, man Us defensive middle field is so bad that its really questionable why they wouldnt even consider him

Because Mourinho publicly threw him out and going back on that decision would mean admitting failure, probably not helpful given his position, especially at a club like United.

Jack cw

Who said Bundeslolga was boring?
Right now it's as hilarious as it gets. Dortmund is obviously witnessing the Götze effect. I wonder where United would be in Bundesliga. Maybe at Leverkusen tier.

Audioboxer

Gareth Bale will be a very happy man after he signed a new contract with Real Madrid.

The striker penned a new deal to keep him with the side until 2022, on a deal reportedly worth £600,000 per week, £350,000 after tax.

He has scored 62 goals in 135 appearances since joining the club in 2013.

He's also helped Real secure five trophies in the past three seasons, including the Champions League twice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/37158575

lol...

norinrad

Glad he's back in the team, Mou's attempt to isolate him has failed.

How the once mighty has fallen. Backstabbing LvG only to drown in his own mischief.

Jarnet87

Good for Bastian back to training with the first team. Now will he actually get a chance or is this just to try and get him in better fitness for the January window, guess we will see.

Beefy

‏ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ

Investigation follows allegations that financial documents were forged.

@SkySportsNewsHQ

BREAKING: City of London Police to investigate takeover of @WatfordFC in 2014. #SSNHQ

Jarnet87

‏ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ

Investigation follows allegations that financial documents were forged.

@SkySportsNewsHQ

BREAKING: City of London Police to investigate takeover of @WatfordFC in 2014. #SSNHQ

Take away the points and give them back to United

Blablurn

Josep Bartomeu, Barcelona President: "the best players in the world can be found in LaLiga. In the Premier League, the stars are the managers, not the players. It shows a different way of thinking about football."

Josep Bartomeu, Barcelona President: "the best players in the world can be found in LaLiga. In the Premier League, the stars are the managers, not the players. It shows a different way of thinking about football."

He's right, but there are some bloody good players throughout the top 6 teams in the PL. Aguero, De Bruyne, Sanchez and Ozil are all world class imo, and that's just attackers from 2 of those teams. Pretty short on top class defensive-minded players, De Gea is probably the only one really. Spurs have a hell of a unit at the back, but its tough to tell as of yet how much of that is individual quality, and how much is the result of tactical coaching and the system.

Lukaku is an obvious outlier as well, still not entirely sure how highly I rate him despite his scoring record, but he can be as good as he wants

Top Bottom