• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

la_briola

If they haven't changed the rules yes there is. No clashes between teams of the same association before the quarters.

The mechanism of the draws for each round is as follows:
  • In the draw for the round of 16, the eight group winners are seeded, and the eight group runners-up are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other.
  • In the draws for the quarter-finals onwards, there are no seedings, and teams from the same group or the same association can be drawn against each other.
You are correct.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The mechanism of the draws for each round is as follows:
  • In the draw for the round of 16, the eight group winners are seeded, and the eight group runners-up are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other.
  • In the draws for the quarter-finals onwards, there are no seedings, and teams from the same group or the same association can be drawn against each other.
You are correct.

Too bad. So Dortmund vs. Arsenal or Manchester City?

Blablurn

did rummenigge just kill boateng?

bla, what is happening
are we shit again
did our golden era end already
can we have karimi back

4 yeas of awesome. the last time we had thosee was in the 70s.

now we're facing 40 years of despair with occasional national triumph.

Syder

I'm still baffled as to what Renato Sanches did to command a €35 million fee (potentially €80 million).
He put in some decent performances at the Euros but so did Hal Robson-Kanu and Moussa Sissoko.

Tuffty

Premier League changed their profile picture temporarily in support of the Rainbow Laces campaign this weekend. Don't read the comments.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Syder

This child sex abuse thing is getting crazy. Feels like it gets twice as bad every day.

Anyone think it's going to come out that any really big players/managers were paedos?
It feels like this was so extensive that there had to be some sort of suppression.

Jarnet87

I'm still baffled as to what Renato Sanches did to command a €35 million fee (potentially €80 million).
He put in some decent performances at the Euros but so did Hal Robson-Kanu and Moussa Sissoko.

Age/potential + Portuguese league

United looked good yesterday, now let's see if they can reproduce that form in the prem. my guess; probably not

Audioboxer

Ahahahaha 3-2. Sei Interista? Italiano?

SHOCKING NEW: Rooney can play football

Good ManU game

Not really, I'd always agree he has a football brain. However his performances the past 12 months or so have just been terrible.

Last night was really good. Keep the beard Rooney. It makes you look a bit funny but maybe bearded Rooney plays better?

Beefy

This child sex abuse thing is getting crazy. Feels like it gets twice as bad every day.

Anyone think it's going to come out that any really big players/managers were paedos?
It feels like this was so extensive that there had to be some sort of suppression.

A lady leading the investigation has already said a England player has spoken to her about being abused. But doesn't want to go public

la_briola

Freiburg 0:1 Leipzig after 2 minutes, what a goal by Keita.
invoker-gdlk.gif

edit: 15 minutes: 1:1
edit2: 21 minutes: 1:2
edit3: 34 minute: 1:3 (Werner with his second goal)

bjaelke

Raphael Honigstein @honigstein
Rummenigge: 'There were malicious media campaigns against Pep. Similarities with Brexit and US election. 2016 a black year for the media'

Donald Ancelotti

la_briola

Raphael Honigstein @honigstein
Rummenigge: 'There were malicious media campaigns against Pep. Similarities with Brexit and US election. 2016 a black year for the media'

Donald Ancelotti

He's not wrong (bolded part). The German media wanted Pep to fail (for reasons I don't know).

He's not wrong (bolded part). The German media wanted Pep to fail (for reasons I don't know).

He turned a beautiful German organism into a ruthlessly efficient machine. Honestly, a manager like Pep at a team like Bayern is a recipe for a lack of news. At some point a team can become so dominating that even the papers get sick of it as there's much less to report on, which was obviously going to be the case when Pep took over. His style of football essentially guaranteed it when combined with the team he took over, the draw Bayern has compared to everyone else in the league, and the resources at his disposal.

spidye

Leipzig destroying the league

This is 2011 all over again
Bayern struggling, leipzig playing great football

Congrats on the title, leipzig

Syder

A lady leading the investigation has already said a England player has spoken to her about being abused. But doesn't want to go public
Hope all of the victims are able to at least report their assaults to law enforcement. Heard someone on the news who knew Bennell say 'at the time there were rumours'… I mean, fuck's sake… This is a mirror image of Savile. How do these victims get failed so much?

Jack cw

It was all over until that fateful match in Munich, until that fateful moment where Luca Toni scored.

I still think it was the winter break though.
Regardless of the past, if there is one team I'd love to see winning the league besides Bayern, it's RB.

Oh, and:
Bayern found his new Alonso replacement: Emil Forsberg

Syder

Oh God, just heard someone make the connection that Alan Davies and Gary Speed were both coached by Bennell at some point. Please, no…

Beefy

Hope all of the victims are able to at least report their assaults to law enforcement. Heard someone on the news who knew Bennell say 'at the time there were rumours'… I mean, fuck's sake… This is a mirror image of Savile. How do these victims get failed so much?

Easier to cover up then to look it. Then most of the people that abuse others have all the power etc that they think they can get away with it. Rumours going round that there was a paedo ring and many more coaches will be called out.

I myself am a victim of sexual abuse as a child and it is so so easy how the abuser gets away with it. Victims ( and myself) feel like we have done something wrong in not standing up to the abuse. We feel ashamed to tell any one what we went through.

That doesn't excuse the adults that knew and did fuck all, they are just as disgusting in my book.

la_briola

I still think it was the winter break though.
Regardless of the past, if there is one team I'd love to see winning the league besides Bayern, it's RB.

Oh, and:
Bayern found his new Alonso replacement: Emil Forsberg

Contract till 2019 (I think), won't be cheap. I do wonder how well they can keep their players. Will be interesting to see.

Syder

Easier to cover up then to look it. Then most of the people that abuse others have all the power etc that they think they can get away with it. Rumours going round that there was a paedo ring and many more coaches will be called out.

I myself am a victim of sexual abuse as a child and it is so so easy how the abuser gets away with it. Victims ( and myself) feel like we have done something wrong in not standing up to the abuse. We feel ashamed to tell any one what we went through.

That doesn't excuse the adults that knew and did fuck all, they are just as disgusting in my book.
The cynic in me says the Paedo ring here is linked to the same one Savile was in and all its members will never fully be revealed.

Sorry, you had to go through that, man. As someone with a sibling who went through the same thing, I know how bad the feelings of raw helplessness can be. I think about it everyday.

Seems like the board at Crewe absolutely knew about the rumours/truth and did nothing. Heads absolutely must roll here. Seems kinda fucked that after Bennell was convicted for crimes outside of coaching that no one involved thought to go back to earlier periods in his career.

Beefy

The cynic in me says the Paedo ring here is linked to the same one Savile was in and all its members will never fully be revealed.

Sorry, you had to go through that, man. As someone with a sibling who went through the same thing, I know how bad the feelings of raw helplessness can be. I think about it everyday.

Seems like the board at Crewe absolutely knew about the rumours/truth and did nothing. Heads absolutely must roll here. Seems kinda fucked that after Bennell was convicted for crimes outside of coaching that no one involved thought to go back to earlier periods in his career.

Yeah Crewe need to do a investigation big time. The police do as well, they apparently did a cover up over abuse cases and then just dropped them. It's like no one can be arsed to actually do some work.

I think Bayern will bounce back and win the bundesliga but Leipzig aren't doing bad at all.

What does bundesliga-gaf make of the Leipzig vs 50+1 rule thing

Top Bottom