• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

T-Rex.

Banned
I hope not, he has a horrible attitude.
We need someone to cover while Mane's out, plus our squad is really light as it is. Hopefully if he does join (and it's a big if with PSG also after him) he just gets on with playing football. Klopp wouldn't put up with any nonsense anyway.

As a Palace fan, I stood by Alan Pardew up until the recent Swansea and Hull Matches. At that point, it felt like the team really didn't play for him anymore.

Seems like Big Sam will be the next manager. Kinda happy with that, if it happens, considering the current circumstances.

I used to say that there were two managers I just wouldn't accept at Palace - Big Sam and Harry Redknapp. And I still have the same opinion about Redknapp at least.

Syder

As a Palace fan, I stood by Alan Pardew up until the recent Swansea and Hull Matches. At that point, it felt like the team really didn't play for him anymore.

Seems like Big Sam will be the next manager. Kinda happy with that, if it happens, considering the current circumstances.

I used to say that there were two managers I just wouldn't accept at Palace - Big Sam and Harry Redknapp. And I still have the same opinion about Redknapp at least.
As someone who's club has been managed by all of those 3, I can say that Allardyce is the safest pair of hands. You're not in the bottom 3, you've got good players and it looks like you'll be hiring him before January. In other words, I'd be shocked if you were relegated under him.

We need someone to cover while Mane's out, plus our squad is really light as it is. Hopefully if he does join (and it's a big if with PSG also after him) he just gets on with playing football. Klopp wouldn't put up with any nonsense anyway.

You are right. I forget that Klopp wouldn't put up with his crap. But why would he go to PSG? Wouldn't it be like a step down from Bundesliga? Unless he would be going for the money.

T-Rex.

Banned
You are right. I forget that Klopp wouldn't put up with his crap. But why would he go to PSG? Wouldn't it be like a step down from Bundesliga? Unless he would be going for the money.
They are one of the better sides in the Champions League to be fair, plus yeah the money I suppose. If he doesn't want to join I hope we move on quickly like we did with Gotze because we've got some pretty big games in January and the quicker we get a Mane cover player in the better.

yagal

That Insigne's goal
claudio-ranieri-grazie.png

Empty

that's way too much but tbh city would be better off spunking all that on van dijlk than four more fourty million pound prospects from the portuguese league

edit: i'm enjoying suso thriving in serie a

Pachimari

I'm happy we will be able to buy players next Summer, I just don't know who to get. James will leave surely. Bring me Pogba; I'll say this every Summer.

Well, Allardyce knows how to keep teams in the PL so that's a plus.

I'm satisfied with that, I want an experienced manager now, instead of some weird unproven wildcard from the american co-owners like Jürgen Klinsmann or something like that.

Didn't watch that much of Big Sam's West Ham, so I don't know how boring his football is, but at this point I just don't want us see let Swansea score 5 or Hull score 3, even if we did score goals ourselves, and Wilf Zaha has been on fire.

Beefy

So Sule has all but joined Bayern and Saints have apparently bid for Schar. Hoffenheim could be losing their starting cb pair.

Red Bullshit to take over West Ham? Only positive I'm seeing in that is that maybe, just maybe, they'll use Leipzig as a farm team just like they do with Salzburg....

Syder

Red Bullshit to take over West Ham? Only positive I'm seeing in that is that maybe, just maybe, they'll use Leipzig as a farm team just like they do with Salzburg....
It would take an astronomical offer to uproot Messrs Gold & Sullivan. They've taken the club from debt and teetering on relegation & obscurity to bagging themselves a 'free stadium' and a financial position where they can drop millions on shite players like Zaza & Ayew. The club was recently valued at £200m and RB would have to pay massively over the odds to attain us.

Wouldn't mind RB too much. The way the board has been treating fans this season it can't get any worse and unlike Leipzig we're an established Premier League club with history.

Elchele

well, with Leipzig they have a great chance to get into CL. that wouldn't be so easy in the EPL. so I doubt they would drop Leipzig to a second tier club of theirs.
If they get into EPL, it's most likely to attract english fans and such within the league. Not to be a european dominant club.

Now he can get the Man United job.

Even though I like his dancing...NO.

Jose will eventually play the youth next season so he gets a pass.

I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but I'm more excited to watch the Sunderland vs United match at 7am PST than I was to watch the Steelers v Ravens playoff game today. And I've only been a United fan for a year, and I've been a Steelers fan for 40.

I know, it's crazy...

The only thing that bugs me is there is no playoff system in the Premier League. Oh, and PKs to decide football matches.

Top Bottom