• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
here's all of it someone collected before he deleted his account if you're wondering what happened.

his misses must've had a different device or something because he was trying to delete them as she was posting lol

PDxBlDm.jpg
oLozmnj.jpg

Syder

Swansea have gone from 'how to run a club rising through the ranks' to how not to run a club. They pulled the trigger a bit early on Laudrup and then treated Garry Monk terribly because they were panicking. They've treated fans horribly and sold some of their best players. I won't be sorry to see Swansea relegated at all.

Swansea have gone from 'how to run a club rising through the ranks' to how not to run a club. They pulled the trigger a bit early on Laudrup and then treated Garry Monk terribly because they were panicking. They've treated fans horribly and sold some of their best players. I won't be sorry to see Swansea relegated at all.

Sacked Guidolin too soon as well. I understand that they'd only picked up one win, but Guidolin's 7 PL fixtures were: Burnley (W), Hull (L), Leicester (L), Chelsea (D), Southampton (L), Man City (L) and Liverpool (L). How many points could they realistically expect to take from that run of fixtures? Maybe something away at Southampton, but that's tricky - and they did only lost 1-0. Could've got something against Hull, but they were red hot at the start. The rest were always going to be tough - and they didn't even get spanked in any of them! Worst defeat he had was a 1-3 at home to Man City.

EmiPrime

Haha Nasri. What a cunt.

I was on the train yesterday and I didn't realise I had unplugged my headphones when I was trying to listen to the Athletico Mince podcast. The carriage got treated to a song about Steve McClaren before I figured out what was wrong. :S

Anyone know anything about Quincy Promes? I have never seen him play and since Liverpool is linked to him, I was wondering if anyone thinks he's worth the money they are asking for. I would rather Liverpool didn't do a Depay.

Anyone know anything about Quincy Promes? I have never seen him play and since Liverpool is linked to him, I was wondering if anyone thinks he's worth the money they are asking for. I would rather Liverpool didn't do a Depay.

Even if he flopped we'd still have a choice of Mane, Coutinho and Firmino (possibly Origi and Ojo too) to play in his position. Depay was very much bought to be in and around the 11 iirc, and him turning out to be a pile of shite threw a massive spanner in the works

Fady K

''Carlos Tevez will earn a reported £34.4m a season at Shanghai Shenhua, a deal that would make him the highest paid footballer in the world''

Oscar and Tevez make up the top 4 highest paid footballers in the world. I'm not sure how Chinese football became this powerful, but it's mad nevertheless.

Beefy

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: @Cristiano's agent Jorge Mendes says Real Madrid turned down a €300m offer from unnamed Chinese club for forward.

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Mendes says Ronaldo was offered a contract of over €100m per year.

China pissing away money, when still nobody will tune in

If it makes people in Europe give a shit about the Club World Cup, I'm tempted to say it'll be worth it.

Also, I wonder whether the Chinese League may perhaps catch on in the Middle East and Africa as the Premier League has. If it did, they'd recoup their investment.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
China is were average players go to give up.

Maybe in five years he'll go to China and cash in or back to Utd for a season.

Anyone else think Wijnaldum has been a largely ghost of a buy? We seem to have more stability with him in the team over Emre I guess? Yet Emre scores more and creates more. He's literally the Lallana of this season it seems. Gives stability but hasn't been creating or scoring.

King_Moc

Banned
Anyone else think Wijnaldum has been a largely ghost of a buy? We seem to have more stability with him in the team over Emre I guess? Yet Emre scores more and creates more. He's literally the Lallana of this season it seems. Gives stability but hasn't been creating or scoring.

Maybe, but we do need players like that in there. It can't all be attacking midfielders.

Think he's been a great signing. He does the hard work that gets no credit.

Lunar FC

This is what I was thinking during the first few matches. But he has been really solid, not needed to create much but just gain and maintain possession in crucial areas of the field.

I veer between 'reasonably efficient yet uneffective clogger' and 'keeps us solid, doesn't lose the ball, and creates space and plays the right pass for the 4 forwards' game by game with Wijnaldum. On current form he's one of the players we could look to improve on, but he's shown enough that there's no problem if he's in the team. Same as Lovren really.

Not much between what he's doing now and what Allen was doing in his sporadic appearances last season. Funnily enough they've kinda swapped roles. Wijnaldum plays with much more discipline than he did at Newcastle from what I saw last season, and Allen plays with much more abandon and freedom to get well into the penalty area at will with Stoke.

Syder

Cristiano Ronaldo: Chinese club offered Real Madrid £250m move, says agent
Real Madrid were offered about £250m by an unnamed Chinese club for Cristiano Ronaldo, says his agent Jorge Mendes. He said the 31-year-old Portugal captain had no interest in the deal, which included an £85m annual salary. Ronaldo said he could play for another 10 years in November after signing a new deal with Madrid until June 2021.
"The Chinese market is a new market. They can buy a lot of players, but it is impossible to go for Ronaldo," said Mendes. "Cristiano is the best player in the world and best ever. It is normal to have some offers," added the Portuguese. Under the offer claimed by Mendes, Ronaldo would have earned £1.6m a week in a deal worth almost treble the world-record transfer fee of £89m paid by Manchester United to Juventus for midfielder Paul Pogba.
Mendes told Sky Italia: "From China, they've offered 300m euros (£257m) to Real Madrid and more than 100m euros per year to the player. "But money is not everything. The Spanish club [Real] is his life." It comes after Shanghai Shenhua confirmed on Thursday they had signed former Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez from Boca Juniors. Shanghai, coached by ex-Brighton boss Gus Poyet, are reported to have agreed a deal worth £40m for Tevez, including a salary in excess of £310,000 a week.
Mj2iT9d.gif
If it makes people in Europe give a shit about the Club World Cup, I'm tempted to say it'll be worth it.
It won't. As long as the CWC is slapped in the middle of the season and aired at times unfriendly to Europeans, no one will care.
Also, there are no stakes; if Real had lost the Final people would've had a chuckle for 5 minutes and moved on.

I would love that China grabs all the great players from Spain/England/Germany/Italy so this countries can go through the same shit as all the other ones in europe. Then let's see the popularity of those shitty big clubs.

King_Moc

Banned
I would love that China grabs all the great players from Spain/England/Germany/Italy so this countries can go through the same shit as all the other ones in europe. Then let's see the popularity of those shitty big clubs.

It'll remain exactly the same. No one's going to start watching the Chinese league.

Syder

Very unlikely. MLS hasn't really seen global appeal despite taking on quite a few Europeans on massive wages. These Chinese clubs are operating at a massive loss because there are no rules against it in their league. They've been targeting over-the-hill veterans and former Wonderkids. China haven't taken a single player or manager that anyone would miss yet. It's a completely unsustainable model.

Top Bottom