• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So the new MLS.

The MLS was more like a retirement home where they gave well known players another season for a but of promotion.

China on the other hand are getting players who could still play at a high level but are more interested in the money and doing so in a totally unsustainable way.

I imagine there's a lot of players like that too so it will be interesting to see who goes over the next few years before it all comes crashing down. Nasri is probably looking at houses right now.

Syder

What is it that I am reading about clattenburg and china?
Are they buying refs too?
Barça have been doing it for years.

tumblr_lhav1aiwq51qaq6tt.gif~c200

It'll remain exactly the same. No one's going to start watching the Chinese league.

If they are able to form 4-5 big teams it will start to gain some popularity.

Very unlikely. MLS hasn't really seen global appeal despite taking on quite a few Europeans on massive wages. These Chinese clubs are operating at a massive loss because there are no rules against it in their league. They've been targeting over-the-hill veterans and former Wonderkids. China haven't taken a single player or manager that anyone would miss yet. It's a completely unsustainable model.

True but with the amounts of money being thrown, it seems they will able to afford whatever they want. The key here is being able to convince 40-60 players.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I would love that China grabs all the great players from Spain/England/Germany/Italy so this countries can go through the same shit as all the other ones in europe. Then let's see the popularity of those shitty big clubs.

They've taken players that nobody gives a shit about

I can't see it becoming popular, it'll just be another MLS, without the cringey team names

Max Prandelli is leaving Valencia after just nine games because the club isn't able to fund the transfers they promised him in January. Very real chance los Che get relegated this year. So sad.

Max Prandelli is leaving Valencia after just nine games because the club isn't able to fund the transfers they promised him in January. Very real chance los Che get relegated this year. So sad.

Why Sad?

Valencia has completely sold out to scammy interests of Jorge Mendes and Peter Lim. They might be a great club but right now they are a cesspool of shoddy business.

Maybe being relegated is exactly what they need .

tim.mbp

Peter Lim is a terrible owner. Prandelli was just a placeholder anyways because they couldn't get Marcelino.

Edit: It would be hilarious if they went back to Voro again.

Valencia has completely sold out to scammy interests of Jorge Mendes and Peter Lim. They might be a great club but right now they are a cesspool of shoddy business.

Maybe being relegated is exactly what they need .

Lim has been a complete disaster but this is where the club has been headed since the financial crash. Given how the clubs debt is set up its entirely possible they will have to go through bankruptcy if relegated.

tim.mbp

Valencia should still have enough to stay up. Granada and Osasuna are pretty terrible, and if there is any justice, Sporting will go down after last year's shenanigans.

United play some lovely football. They might not be more successful than under LVG just yet, but they sure are entertaining as hell. Might have come with the huge expenses but LVG had these too.

Par Score

The fucking standard of refereeing in this country is a joke.

How the fuck are these people paid for this utter shit week in week out.

What a load of bollox, how was that Zlatan goal disallowed?

Complete joke.

Ibra had time to score with a quick flick and bring his foot all the way back down before Valdes clatters him, somehow it's a foul by Zlatan.

Empty

i'm fuming. decisions are sometimes wrong but that's the kind of choice that sucks joy out of football, penalises creativity and improvisation.

Mourinho's United run has got to be the most unfortunate shit I've seen in a while. They should be #2 or 3 given how many games they just threw away.

Top Bottom