• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Jarnet87

Why the fuck does Mou still insist to use Failaini?

Carrick was out
Schneiderlin has his bags packed
Schweinsteiger likely the same
Rooney injured

Basically left starting Fellaini, Fosu Mensah or one of Mkhitaryan or Mata at that box to box role on the right of midfield. Fosu deserves a shot, but another midfielder is needed in January.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Carrick was out
Schneiderlin has his bags packed
Schweinsteiger likely the same
Rooney injured

Basically left starting Fellaini, Fosu Mensah or one of Mkhitaryan or Mata at that box to box role on the right of midfield. Fosu deserves a shot, but another midfielder is needed in January.

Absolutely agree on both points.

Xion385

b60e7c843e1f465a4606e7654cec904e_100_100_zpsn4qmrjyf.png

Anyone else think Wijnaldum has been a largely ghost of a buy? We seem to have more stability with him in the team over Emre I guess? Yet Emre scores more and creates more. He's literally the Lallana of this season it seems. Gives stability but hasn't been creating or scoring.

I'll just take this back real quick...

T-Rex.

Banned
Even though they dominated the ball in the 2nd half it never felt like they'd score. That was a great defensive performance.

NHale

Now everyone becomes Spurs fans for next Wednesday (except for Chelsea fans). It were the Spurs that stopped the "City unbeatable train" after they won 6 straight at the start and that train clearly derailed since then.

Maybe they can stop another train full steam ahead.

Now everyone becomes Spurs fans for next Wednesday (except for Chelsea fans). It were the Spurs that stopped the "City unbeatable train" after they won 6 straight at the start and that train clearly derailed since then.

Maybe they can stop another train full steam ahead.

think Utd fans will also be rooting for Chelsea

hopefully Spurs get trashed by Watford tomorrow and pick up a few suspensions along the way

T-Rex.

Banned
OptaJoe
0 - Sergio Aguero didn't have a single touch of the ball in the Liverpool box in his 90 minute appearance today. Stifled.

That's a crazy stat.

Floody

OptaJoe
0 - Sergio Aguero didn't have a single touch of the ball in the Liverpool box in his 90 minute appearance today. Stifled.

That's a crazy stat.

Klavan is a beast. It's kinda weird being confident with our defence after years of it being shit, but I'm really happy with it and it's just nice having some quality in that area for a change. Do wonder who gets drop for Matip when he's fit though, Lovren and Klavan have been pretty great in his absence.

Klavan is a beast. It's kinda weird being confident with our defence after years of it being shit, but I'm really happy with it and it's just nice having some quality in that area for a change. Do wonder who gets drop for Matip when he's fit though, Lovren and Klavan have been pretty great in his absence.

Yeah, neither put a foot wrong against City, Everton or Boro. Klavan lost a few duels against Lukaku, but thinking about it, it was probably a tactical decision to put just enough pressure on him to make him head it as opposed to bringing it down, and have everyone else pick up the second ball, and it worked perfectly even when we were on the back foot for the entire first half.

Was very worried after Klavan picked up that early booking and final warning in the first 10 minutes, but he responded to it brilliantly.

I'd never even heard of him when we signed him, and he played agaist us last season I think lol.

We've really needed the defense to step up recently, and they have. The last 3 games our attack has either not functioned quite properly, or has taken a while to get going. Mignolet kept us in the game against Stoke and gave us the chance to turn it around, while the defense as a whole have ensured that a solitary goal has been enough to beat both City and Everton at Goodison, which I didn't expect at all. You'd be a brave man to have predicted we;d keep clean sheets in either of those games.

Getting a bit annoying that we're merely preventing the gap to Chelsea from growing, every match is massive right now as we try to keep pace as best we can, and seperate ourselves from what looks like becoming a maelstrom of teams trying to finish in the top 4. Sunderland away, and Man Utd away next. Anything other than a win at Sunderland is nowhere near good enough, need some room for error at Old Trafford tbh.

That City Liverpool game was such a disappointment, regardless of the outcome they are usually a certain good game. That was just dire, riddled with errors where nobody could make a fucking pass. Bad news for City fans though it looks like Kolorov from last season is back again. Only good bit of the game was Liverpool's closing down.

TrueBlue

Motson's commentary on the Chelsea v Stoke game for MOTD was hillarious.

"Costa wants it now! NOW! OOOOH he's hit it over the bar."

Top Bottom