• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

Some really weird results today.

One example being Everton who seemed like they were trying and got beaten at home by a team they beat convincingly away.
wtzgU.gif

miserable

It was kind of strange he was there.

C1kw0V7UkAAlU3t.jpg

it wasn't strange. they invited former Madrid players who have won the Balloon at one point in their career, not only players who have won it while they were at Madrid.

Zizou won it while he was at Juve, they also had video messages from Kaka who won it at Milan.

Audioboxer

I'm sure well find out in the next 18 months or so.

Don't do that to me. I used to sign Pogba in FM 2016 for around 60~70m (lol), and in this year's its getting Griezmann. He never wants to leave straight away though.

Would be a godlike replacement for Ibra. Which is why he will either stay at Madrid, sign for Real (lol) or sign for PSG. Man Utd have been quite shite at landing big players for a while. Hopefully Jose continues to work on that. I guess it was no surprise fucking no one wanted to sign for Moyes, and then Van Gaal was just like by going back to 1st year of high school. Terrible managers for any sort of stature, more so Moyes. Hence why he is now managing relegation bound Sunderland.

DBT85

Don't do that to me. I used to sign Pogba in FM 2016 for around 60~70m (lol), and in this year's its getting Griezmann. He never wants to leave straight away though.

Would be a godlike replacement for Ibra. Which is why he will either stay at Madrid, sign for Real (lol) or sign for PSG. Man Utd have been quite shite at landing big players for a while. Hopefully Jose continues to work on that. I guess it was no surprise fucking no one wanted to sign for Moyes, and then Van Gaal was just like by going back to 1st year of high school. Terrible managers for any sort of stature, more so Moyes. Hence why he is now managing relegation bound Sunderland.

Quite. Mou has the lure, as does the clubs bank account.

Whether he goes to United or Madrid or PSG or whatever, we'll see soon enough just how much Athletico want. United would have no issue at all dropping another 100m+ in the summer if Mou wanted the player and I'm sure he's already said he'd like to play with Pogba.

We shall see.

Without a doubt with Mou there we have the best chance of securing big names since Fergie retired.

Audioboxer

Quite. Mou has the lure, as does the clubs bank account.

Whether he goes to United or Madrid or PSG or whatever, we'll see soon enough just how much Athletico want. United would have no issue at all dropping another 100m+ in the summer if Mou wanted the player and I'm sure he's already said he'd like to play with Pogba.

We shall see.

Without a doubt with Mou there we have the best chance of securing big names since Fergie retired.

Well, Lindelof rumours are really heating up just now. As much as another great defender would be good, for once I'm actually relatively pleased with our defensive setup. Rojo of all people has turned from complete shit into fairly decent. He simply cannot be a LB, has to play in the centre. I dunno what on earth is going on with Luke Shaw again. His injury prone stat in FM must be like 100/20.

Lindelof would cost a fair chunk and I'd really rather see us try and go after a big attacker, either a forward or an out and out striker. Martial and Rashford still need a bit longer in the cooker. Zlatan will give us one more season, and with any luck we'll be in the CL next season so a much bigger test.

Mou can attract the right big names, which is good. I'd rather we don't have a Moyes or Van Gaal spend-a-thon and still seem shite. Nor simply turn fully into a money-banks club, although sadly we are pretty much there... Getting in the right signings will restore some confidence again in the fans though, and not just seem a failed big spender who'll be robbed of 27m for the likes of Fellaini. Pogbas fee was ridiculous, but Pogba is Pogba and there ain't another clone of him. The egg on our face was re-signing a player we let go for free, but in saying that, we still had plenty of success to enjoy whilst Pogba was tearing it up in Italy, and now he is back, and we avoided losing to Real Madrid for the umpteenth time (for now... lol). We basically just paid 90m for "babysitting and development". Expensive, but as I said, Fergie brought the fans success with no Pogba, even although that small part of his legacy was a mistake he made.

In 2016 we'd have been damn stupid not to swallow the pride, take some flak from rival fans and damn well re-sign Pogba. There really is no "jury is out" on that signing, it was worth it and I do think Pogba will stick about for a while if Mou does. If he ever does get sold we'll get a nice chunk of that spending back. He won't be going to RM for cheap.

Tosyn_88

I was actually at the Manchester United game today, it was really nice atmosphere and great to see all the extras that happened off camera. Pogba is such a goof ball, I mean he's constantly on the jokes rolling on the field smirking. Rashford is so so fast, you see it on TV but in person, you really get a better idea of how fast he is. I was sat the stretford end so I saw up close the gaffe from the keeper which Rashford scored from which is part of the pace I speak of, the guy is super fast.

Fellaini did really well today, I suppsoe seeing it from the TV, one wouldn't see the way he ran around d a lot, from where I saw, he was really breaking up the oppositions play a lot.

Really memorable day

bjaelke

Today's #LFC line up is the youngest ever in the club's history. An average age of just 21 years, 296 days.
Total Liverpool Appearances (all comps):
Lucas - 328
Rest of the LFC XI - 319 (Can on 108 apps)
Liverpool XI v Plymouth: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Lucas, Moreno, Stewart, Can, Ejaria, Ojo, Woodburn, Origi

NHale

Portuguese newspapers are saying Benfica has reached a deal with Vasteras which will make Lindelof a Manchester United player (40M€).

Quite a fee for someone that isn't guaranteed to start in my opinion. But if you have money to spare it's a great buy.

Audioboxer

Portuguese newspapers are saying Benfica has reached a deal with Vasteras which will make Lindelof a Manchester United player (40M€).

Quite a fee for someone that isn't guaranteed to start in my opinion. But if you have money to spare it's a great buy.

Good player, I'm just not sure why we need a defender right now. I guess if it's get him now or lose to RM like Man Utd often do, then get it done. I'm sure Zlatan being at the club right now will have helped Lindelof make his mind up. The wages offered probably helped as well...

I love to see an upset (especially a West Country team) but I can't possibly cheer for Plymouth whilst they have child murderer L*k* McC*rm*ck in goal

Audioboxer

I love to see an upset (especially a West Country team) but I can't possibly cheer for Plymouth whilst they have child murderer L*k* McC*rm*ck in goal

An upset for Chelsea would be interesting. Take that hurt into further dropping points in the league ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mascot

One of these days a manager will realise that fielding a weakened side against inferior opposition is asking for trouble.

Lunar FC

Literally zero quality scoring chances in 90 minutes against Plymouth at home.

I really should of stopped watching this team after the Sunderland match.

One of these days a manager will realise that fielding a weakened side against inferior opposition is asking for trouble.

I just don't think the managers of the bigger sides give two fucks about the FA Cup these days.

The only way to get people interested in it again is to give the winner a Champions League spot. Take it away from the team who finishes fourth (sorry, Arsenal).

Tosyn_88

Is Klop resting players for the Manchester United game? Isn't that a bit of stretch considering Manchester has an EFL cup game before that.

Top Bottom