• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

King_Moc

Banned
He made himself a legend in one season and wants to stop doing the job he's contracted to do because things have gotten a little bit hard.
Boo fucking hoo. Makes me think an agent or someone else has got in his head because he was loving it with us 8 months ago. His contract is until 2021, totally fine with sticking him in the reserves if someone doesn't come in with an offer of at least £30m. He has no bartering leverage whatsoever.

Absolutely. West Ham signed him as a virtual nobody, he fucking owes them. That's an outrageous thing for him to say.

Andy Hunter @AHunterGuardian
Morgan Schneiderlin has completed his move to Everton. #efc say initial fee of £20m, rising to £24m and four and a half year contract.

Best of luck, mate. I was super happy when he signed for United. It's unfortunate things didn't work out. Play well against everyone except for us.

Pachimari

eW4toDY.jpg

I want to update people in here, that there's HUGE development in the Philippines when it comes to football now. They have officially started up a national football league, that will start this March with 8 participating teams. Teams cannot be relegated in this first season, as there will only be this one division to start with.

The announced teams so far are:

Loyola Meralco Sparks FC (Taguig)
JP Voltes Football Club (probably Marikina)
KAYA Futbol Club (Makati)
Ceres Negros F.C. (Bacolod Negros)
Global Queen City FC (Cebu)
Stallion Football Club Philippines (Laguna)
Green Archers United (Cavite)
Davao Aguilas FC (Davao)

Teams can have up to four foreigners as according to the Asian football federation. They'll need to have at least three youth players and at least 25 players.

The league is called the Philippine Football League (PFL) and will be showcased on one channel, which I forgot.

The current two-times champions are Global FC who currently has 3 Spanish players and one Japanese player in their roster.

I think there will be a team from North Luzon at some point as well, which will be the ones I'll cheer on, as that's where my family is from. But I could also go for Green Archers as that's where we are based. I've always dreamt of coaching a football team from that area, so hopefully one day if I take a coaching education and license here in Scandinavia.

slider

Fucking Payet. "Waaah, I wanna leave."

Self-absorbed, lazy prick. And I've always thought that. The way he'd stroll around for over 50% of a game. And that's on a good day.

Still, no doubting his ability. Shame it's gone sour. But I'd take a big offer for a player his age. C'mon, PSG... Make it happen.

slider

The Payet stuff reminds me of Lallana and Lovren for us. 99% of footballers are pricks.

My mate always tells me about the stuff Lallana had been saying and ended up saying when he decided he was special. And he's got a smackable face.

Beefy

My mate always tells me about the stuff Lallana had been saying and ended up saying when he decided he was special. And he's got a smackable face.

Yep, he acted even worse then Payet has (atm), then made up the club were at fault.

Payet is now refusing to train as well now.

DBT85

Deffo think Bilic has done the right thing though. Some might try and keep it quiet or just not talk about it. Fuck that. Tell the world what a petulant cunt he is.

What baffles me is that players can get away with it contractually.

Deffo think Bilic has done the right thing though. Some might try and keep it quiet or just not talk about it. Fuck that. Tell the world what a petulant cunt he is.

What baffles me is that players can get away with it contractually.

Yeah it's kinda fucked up, imagine if an employee at a normal job said he or she wouldn't show up for work anymore. That person would get sacked.

Rumours about Patrice Evra closing in on a move from Juventus.

To Crystal Palace.

I'll have him. He could be a descent upgrade on left back from Martin Kelly.

Syder

The Payet stuff reminds me of Lallana and Lovren for us. 99% of footballers are pricks.
You see players fuck off from clubs they don't deem 'big' enough all the time and achieve nothing. Contrary to popular belief, we don't actually think we're a massive club but being considered a legend at West Ham isn't anything to just throw away. We treat our legends very well and it would be a massive shame for a Hammer of the Year to leave like a garden-variety Defoe. A player like Payet realistically only has 3-4 years left at the top of his game (he turns 30 in March) and I just wonder how much can he really achieve in that time, because I'd rather have a new legend than £30m in the bank... but if that's the way it has to go then that's it.

DBT85

You see players fuck off from clubs they don't deem 'big' enough all the time and achieve nothing. Contrary to popular belief, we don't actually think we're a massive club but being considered a legend at West Ham isn't anything to just throw away. We treat our legends very well and it would be a massive shame for a Hammer of the Year to leave like a garden-variety Defoe. A player like Payet realistically only has 3-4 years left at the top of his game (he turns 30 in March) and I just wonder how much can he really achieve in that time, because I'd rather have a new legend than £30m in the bank... but if that's the way it has to go then that's it.

What's he earning right now? Maybe he thinks hi best chance to get a huge deal is now. He's wrong though, it was in the summer.

Or go to China to seek your fortune.

tim.mbp

What's he earning right now? Maybe he thinks hi best chance to get a huge deal is now. He's wrong though, it was in the summer.

Or go to China to seek your fortune.

It might just be PR from his agent, but supposedly Payet's family want to move back to Marseille and he's willing to take a big pay cut to make it happen.

Syder

Almost 6 years ago to the day, Payet tried to force a move from Saint-Etienne to PSG. Immediately punished & dismissed by Christophe Galtier.

bjaelke

Chelsea striker Diego Costa’s future has been thrown into doubt following a blazing row with Antonio Conte over his fitness.

The Spain international has not travelled with the rest of the squad ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash against champions Leicester.

And his future with the league leaders is now under a considerable cloud after an argument with boss Conte over an injury.
drama

Beefy

@Jimwhite
Chelsea's Diego Costa reportedly unsettled at club following £30million per yr offer from China.

@JimWhite
Diego Costa hasn't trained for 3 days - he's dropped for match v. Leicester this weekend.

@JimWhite
He's being offered £576,000 per WEEK by Chinese Superleague club.

@tancredipalmeri
Small note: Diego Costa's agent, Jorge Mendes, is currently in China

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Sky Sources: #CFC owner Roman Abramovich unwilling to sell Costa who has two years left on his contract #SSNHQ

DBT85

I love that when players go to china they try and make it sound like they are excited for the challenge, when all they are doing (and I would too) is taking the money while its going, because its fucking bananas.

Still, you don;t behave like a cunt to get your own way.

Ahahah. So funny. This is exactly what I posted a few pages ago. This rich teams will start sweating if China offers crazy wages to all their good players. One thing is Ronaldo declining offers when he has major sponsorships in Europe, another is the ugly mofo Diego Costa who will go anywhere over 30M£. Who wouldn't?

tim.mbp

@SkyKaveh (Kaveh Solhekol, Sky Sports)
Diego Costa bust up at Chelsea ended with head coach Antonio Conte shouting at him: "Go to China!"

Syder

Didn't James reject a similar offer to Costa's? Says a lot about Costa as he's the leading man in the team in pole position.

Empty

costa stuff so obviously ends with him signing a bumper new deal at chelsea lol

his tantrum is demonstrating how essential he is to chelsea when he's on top form and needed in the title race, and his agent is driving up the price by floating the prospect of a ridiculous sum from china.

EmiPrime

Lionel Messi: Barcelona punish club official over comments about Argentina forward

Barcelona have punished a club official for expressing a "personal opinion" about forward Lionel Messi "that does not match that of the club".

Pere Gratacos lost his main post at the club after saying "it was not only Messi" who got them through a Copa del Rey tie with Athletic Bilbao.

Barca reached the quarter-finals with a 4-3 aggregate win thanks to a 78th-minute Messi free-kick on Wednesday.

Gratacos said: "Messi wouldn't be as good without Andres Iniesta or Neymar."

He added: "Obviously Leo is the most important player of the team but it was Luis Suarez and Gerard Pique as well - the whole team - who got us through."

In a statement on Friday, Barca said Gratacos would be replaced as head of sporting relations with the Spanish Football Federation, but would retain a role within the club's youth academy.

LOL.

Top Bottom