• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Yeah, but also Ramos and Passlack whom I don't see being able to defend vs any bayern cunt coming his way :(

Ramos aint half bad. He and kagagod sre so underappreciated. Sure auba, reus and miki made a lot of goals but they kinda fumbled at the second half of the season while ramps and kagawa kept on chugging

NHale

Wenger's gonna be forced to dish out the cash before the end of this transfer window, he can't get away with it this time especially with how others are spending and how competitive this season's looking likely to be

Just watch him wait and then deadline day arrives and he has to spend a boatload of cash into a player he doesn't really need like Isco just to say he got someone.

Floody

I told y'all about Mane tho when you were laughing at the fee.

He sure showed me, I wasn't against the signing, but thought we were overpaying, now I understand why, as Klopp wanted him learning his system as quickly as possible, so glad he's already proving me wrong though, we've really lacked a player with his kind of pace.
Also think Klavan has been excellent so far too.

Beefy

@JPW_NBCSports
Not a good day for Petr Cech. He concedes four goals and he's just smashed his car up in car park at Emirates. #AFC

Cp1sji4XYAAcTuA.jpg

T-Rex.

Banned
He sure showed me, I wasn't against the signing, but thought we were overpaying, now I understand why, as Klopp wanted him learning his system as quickly as possible, so glad he's already proving me wrong though, we've really lacked a player with his kind of pace.
Also think Klavan has been excellent so far too.
Yeah I'm actually really surprised at how easily him and Klavan have fitted into the side, they play as if they've been here for years. Mane has that "I'm the best player on the pitch" confidence which is perfect because that + his dribbling ability and speed makes him such a threat.

King_Moc

Banned
Just watch him wait and then deadline day arrives and he has to spend a boatload of cash into a player he doesn't really need like Isco just to say he got someone.

It works though. I remember my Arsenal supporting friends being really happy when they got Arteta on the last day of the window...after selling Fabregas.

People have been saying that about Arsenal for over a decade now.

Now is different than past criticism.

The TV money wasn't what it was back then, we were in a lot of debt because of the stadium deal, our sponsorship deals weren't all that good, we were losing our best players/captain pretty much every season. We would start every year having to make up and replace people just to hope to replicate results from the previous year.. And ontop of that, United and Chelsea were totally dominant. It felt better to root for the team because it felt to me like we were always pushing through adversity. And I was happy with what we were doing because I felt like the team had been doing whatever it could.

But even though they haven't been as good as they have been in the past over the last couple of seasons, even with the debt paid (nearly) off, even though we have been able to keep a hold of our best players without losing any key components in the last several years. We cannot, for some reason, build on what we already have. We can't, fill basic obvious glaring holes that the team has, we can't for some reason, spend money even when it's there. And all that is made worse by Wenger's inability to make adjust to any adversity tactically and his decisions in game and his roster selections continuously have gotten more suspect over time.

There are really no excuses now for Wenger and the FO. The team is completely stagnant. Results and performances are predictable, and there is really nothing to look forward to. Really no hope of over achieving. Any damage to the club now is 100% self inflicted, and we don't have anyone else to blame for any trouble other than ourselves. It's humiliating.

Ramos aint half bad. He and kagagod sre so underappreciated. Sure auba, reus and miki made a lot of goals but they kinda fumbled at the second half of the season while ramps and kagawa kept on chugging
I don't really underappreciate him, it's just that he's often being played out of position, like right now ;(

NHale

...or do what he did last Summer and not even do that.

Better than overspending for a player when you already have a bunch for the same position.

What Arsenal doesn't need is another good but not great player. They also have a bunch of those. They need difference makers, they need players that perform 90% of the games and have the confidence they can decide every game because they truly believe they are always the best. Imagine if Arsenal got Pogba and Ibra instead of Man United. Who would be the clear favorite for the title? That's what Arsenal need unfortunately Wenger says they can spend as much as anyone else, they have 200M but when players are available they are simply not there to compete.

It's even more embarassing that Wenger then complains that Man United spent so much on Pogba, that prices are too high, etc. Man United paid what the market forced them to pay for the player they needed. If Lyon says they want 200M for Lacazette then that is it's value, you might not agree, but you can't have him for less.

I still believe Wenger is one of the best managers in the Premier League but his transfer business (maybe it's the owners and not his fault...) leaves a lot to desire especially if what Henry keeps saying is true and players don't want to come to play for Arsenal (even Vardy...).

sora87

Wow bt sports have the brazil league now, all we need is someone to show argentine & japan football and we're sorted in the uk

Top Bottom