• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Was worried how Bayern looked in the first half, Dortmund kept possesion and attacking. But in the second half, they gave a confidence boost to what they are capable of doing.

Tosyn_88

Same story as before, Bayern best their biggest rivals. The players looked a bit leggy for some reason, perhaps the fitness levels haven't reached the top yet. It isnt a bad thing if bayern wins their domestic space, it's just getting boring now, I'm sure even Bayern fans must be bored of it now

Jack cw

Same story as before, Bayern best their biggest rivals. The players looked a bit leggy for some reason, perhaps the fitness levels haven't reached the top yet. It isnt a bad thing if bayern wins their domestic space, it's just getting boring now, I'm sure even Bayern fans must be bored of it now
Well Dortmund could have scored 5 today.

spidye

Ehhhhhh no?!
Who gets bored that his own team wins titles.
Anyway, this game could have gone either way. No need to denounce dortmund's title aspiration just when they lose a meaningless title

la_briola

Delete your account

I was clearly making a joke, mate.
troll.png

sora87

Indeed, Bundesliga is boring these days.

I dont know. I feel that this season could be harder for bayern. BVB obviously needs more prep-time but they have a lot of talent and much more players on the roster then before. Leverkusen also is looking quite good and I could see Gladbach surprising a lot of people.

I think it is possible that Bayern looses more than 2 or 3 games (with maybe some draws) this season and then it might get interesting.

Syder

How good is he? I've never seen him play.
Personally, I think he's a fantastic player that would suit the Premier League very well, he's still only 23 and has been a consistently solid performer over the last 3 years in the Bundesliga, he's definitely above Wolfsburg.

The Jonas Hector deal would've been done if Klopp wasn't so adamant on turning things around with Moreno and if Milner was injured sooner. Even then, Milner should not be the first choice left back, no matter how versatile he is.

I get that he wants pace and there aren't enough pacey quality left backs in the market who would leave their champions league clubs to join us, but Milner will eventually be found out if he keeps playing in that position by Mou, Pep or Poch. I doubt Rodriguez would join us unless we really shell out a big sum for him, and I haven't seen any reliable sources saying we are after him. I see him going to City eventually however, because Pep will need younger full backs eventually.

I'm glad Coutinho isn't injured and Wijnaldum had a quiet but effect game today. I hope we sort out the nerves and just do what we did to Barcelona instead of a repeat Arsenal performance. I'd personally rather have a quiet and effective game than a roller-coaster of emotions, because it can truly go either way and that ended negatively for us in 13/14.

Best wishes.

Coffinhal

On a light note, the white shirt of the new Bayern's kit really kills the design. Last year was better, they should've kept it just like what they did with Real Madrid.

Tosyn_88

I dont know. I feel that this season could be harder for bayern. BVB obviously needs more prep-time but they have a lot of talent and much more players on the roster then before. Leverkusen also is looking quite good and I could see Gladbach surprising a lot of people.

I think it is possible that Bayern looses more than 2 or 3 games (with maybe some draws) this season and then it might get interesting.

Loose just three matches, that's not good enough 😁 lol

Funny how we suddenly want bayern to loose so the German league can be interesting, I suppose joker was right, good does need evil

Pennywise

Dortmund gonna be really good this season
I had gyros today Bla. It was glorious. I won.

It's just a preseason friendly with a bit more prestige. Btw. The gap between Dortmund and Bayern wasnt as big as the one in the EPL last season. Last season was incredible close and Dortmund mainly lost, due the non existing depth with last years squad. Plus not winning the game against Bayern.

Generally the league was pretty boring and apart from the top two, there was no strong team. Thats certainly something to complain about.

Blablurn

I had gyros today Bla. It was glorious. I won.

It's just a preseason friendly with a bit more prestige. Btw. The gap between Dortmund and Bayern wasnt as big as the one in the EPL last season. Last season was incredible close and Dortmund mainly lost, due the non existing depth with last years squad. Plus not winning the game against Bayern.

Generally the league was pretty boring and apart from the top two, there was no strong team. Thats certainly something to complain about.

haha. u win indeed.

i didnt even watch the Game

Tubie

Manchester United is gonna win the EPL.

Ibra will be in the top 3 for goals easily.

Enjoy the season 1 and 2 version of Mou United-GAF, it's really sweet while it lasts. I wouldn't even be surprised if Mou gets you a CL title next season.

Jack cw

Loose just three matches, that's not good i 😁 lol

Funny how we suddenly want bayern to loose so the German league can be interesting, I suppose joker was right, good does need evil

Many people will be surprised that Bayern under Ancelotti is going to win again. What we saw yesterday was basically 2014s Madrid against strong oppositions. Coupled with dominant possession play against weaker squads, we are in for another boring season.

Robben, Sanches, Boateng, Costa and Badstuber are joining the squad in the next two weeks. This team right now had 8 days training with no real test match in between.

You could see that Dortmund was in better shape but also witnessed the fundmental flaw of high pressing with possession play - it's vulnerability to counters. Something we Bayern supporters had to suffer a lot against competent squads. It's nice to see Carlo using the "game of the weak" to get the results.

We were far from perfect, too many mistakes by Alaba and Hummels (who played the left CB for the first time in his life I think), bad crosses from Lahm and Alaba and Ribery doing a Ribery. Alonso and Vidal worked alright, Thiago needs to wake up from his sleep but the general idea was executed pretty fine.

Loose just three matches, that's not good enough 😁 lol

Suddenly? I want them to loose since like 99.

Oh mab those sweet two years of bvb dominance

Wenger said:
“It is an impossible situation to get players back from the Euros and prepare.”
Manchester-City-v-Sunderland-Premier-League.jpg

“I have a few options as you’ve seen in pre-season,” Wenger said on Friday. “The players available at the moment are quite young but they’re keen to do it. Holding has played in the Championship, which is good experience. Now he has to deal with one level higher.”

“We paid for a lack of experience at the back and the fact some players are not ready physically to compete at this level,” said Wenger by Sunday, a pathetic U-turn in blaming those who he had previously championed. When he realises who is paid £8.3m a year to avoid exactly that mess, he’s going to be so embarrassed…

giphy.gif

Could argue the same the other way

Both defences were shit

Come on now, be serious. Those Liverpool goals were well taken and it was due to the Liverpool player's skill to get those goals. There isn't much any defender could have done against at least 2 of those goals especially Mane's one. One of the Arsenal goal was based on luck (a deflection), the other was a gift from Moreno. The only one which I say that couldn't have been stopped was the Chamber's one from the set piece.

All the best Yala. Thanks for the service.

But as a Palace fan, I'm not going to cry over this, since the feeling has been that he's been seeking a move for quite some time.

Quite a ride he's taken though, after being deemed not good enough for Bristol City just some years ago.

Just want to see some player coming to the club now.

Syder

Personally, I've never really got the Bolasie hype, at least not enough to spend £25m, but maybe he'll perform more consistently in a squad with better players.

Personally, I've never really got the Bolasie hype, at least not enough to spend £25m, but maybe he'll perform more consistently in a squad with better players.

The hype comes from that he's fun to watch, thing happen when he's on the pitch.

A couple of seasons ago I used to describe him as very often playing like a 10 year old who haven't been told that he actually sucks. He would take the ball and just take on the world, get knocked down, get up and try again. It migh sound harsh, but is more meant as you don't know what will happen when he gets the ball. I should try and look up the old gif where he completely destroys Dejan Lovren with some really fun tricks.

He is good, but I do cringe a bit at the suggestions that he would do better with better players around him. That takes the responsibility for end product off him, and devaluates the players he has been playing with. He has had plenty of chances to make more goals and more assists, the chances have been there, but he has very very often not taken them.

Maybe he will produce more at Everton, but it's not like he has been playing with the crazy gang of old Wimbledon these years.

faridmon

WELCOME BOLASIE

Although, why we need another winger when we have Mirallas, Delafeou and Lennon is something I will never understand.

Top Bottom