• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

WELCOME BOLASIE

Although, why we need another winger when we have Mirallas, Delafeou and Lennon is something I will never understand.

Deulofeu's been pretty terrible his entire first team career except for those two months Martinez convinced him it was okay to pass the ball.

faridmon

Deulofeu's been pretty terrible his entire first team career except for those two months Martinez convinced him it was okay to pass the ball.

I disagree on your assessment on Delafeou but I suppose buying Bolasie will serve a strict warning to him and Mirallas to up their work rate. They aren't exactly known for that.

Maybe they'll do a southampton with redmond and change bolasie into a striker

Not wanting to be messed around with position is one of the reasons for him moving. Rumours started as soon as we signed Townsend.

We tried playing him as forward at Palace. He is not a forward.

Syder

Aaron Ramsey to return after internationals following hamstring injury, missing Leicester, Watford and WCQ v Moldova https://t.co/b2YerkvMpD
RonnieAmSad1.png
3js.png

Ramsey and Wilshere constantly getting injured at least doesn't make me feel as bad about Sturridge.

At least he's not injured right now but I do fear for him.

Syder

Despite the glaring weakness of Antonio at right-back I feel Collins & Reid with the help of Nordtveit should be able to cope tonight. If we're going to get anything out of this game we need to be solid at the back. The lack of Payet and Lanzini is going to hurt us so much creatively.

Just read that, I'd say fuck off with it.

If Sturridge was for sale then they would've been shouting to high heavens all summer. But he isn't, because the lad is damn, damn good.

I swear people have it in for him, hell, I see complaints that he 'just doesn't look like he wants to be there'. It's bullshit. He cares about his football, you can see that with his celebration for that England goal in the Euros, and his football is good, his goal in the Europa final was top class.

Season hasn't even started yet and people have it in for him. Yeah he's a little injury prone, but the club's being careful with it and he has been in better shape. Course he's frustrated with not being picked, he wants to play! Doesn't mean he wants to leave.

LEAVE DANNY ALOOOOOOONE

Syder

With some of the prices being thrown around this Summer, Sturridge is still worth £40m even with injury proneness.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
With some of the prices being thrown around this Summer, Sturridge is still worth £40m even with injury proneness.

No question he is talented but there's no way he's worth that. Maybe at the end of the 2013/14 season but now he'd be lucky to get in any top team with his recent injury record. If he moves from Liverpool it will definitely be down. (that might actually do him some good)

Kill3r7

No question he is talented but there's no way he's worth that. Maybe at the end of the 2013/14 season but now he'd be lucky to get in any top team with his recent injury record. If he moves from Liverpool it will definitely be down. (that might actually do him some good)

Agreed. When healthy Sturridge is one of the better strikers in the PL. The problem is that he is never healthy. I am sure someone will pay a decent fee for him but £40m is a bit excessive for an often injured player.

wbsmcs

Is there any recommendations for a good football podcast? I have a bit a knowledge but want to really get into EPL this year and learn about the mid-level/bottom clubs.

NHale

I seriously can't understand why some believe Chelsea should sell Matic. Him (if he returns to his normal after the abysmal last season) and Kante in the midfield could be the best midfield in the PL. Both complement each other so well even on the physical side.

Even in each game you can see what they can offer holding, pressing and starting the attack.

EDIT - Diego Costa is going to receive a red card in the 1st half? He's probably still pissed off that Cerezo wanted Gameiro and not him.

Arsenal are in the market for a striker and their medicals consist of asking "how are you?" and if the player responds "not too bad, you?" he'll pass.

Could be a good fit.

Top Bottom