• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Audioboxer

Arsenal fan TV is amazing. Only because they are all insane.

Yeah, I only found out the wonders of it the past few weeks. Puts other fan TV youtube stations to shame.

The funny thing about Arsenal is the team normally does objectively okay, always getting European football and always finishing high in the league. It's the lack of at least picking up a couple of trophies when the chance is there that kills the fans. Almost like when Arsenal are just about there the players/Arsene decide to troll.

When that happens season after season it is hard to take. Unlike say Man Utd who still have fans able to eat the "member berries" right now because Fergie's dominance wasn't too long ago. So while we are hot garbage right now, and have been for years, it's not as long a spell of pain than what Arsenal have served up.

longdi

Banned
Arsenal board should really plan now to snatch Simeone or even Sampaoli for next season.

Either sell Wenger to China or move him up to some Technical Director of Football.

Right now the team loser mentality is, ok lets try again next season. There is no acceptable reason to keep losing steam midway.

MrS

Banned
Arsenal's lack of commitment was embarrassing today. They have too many players (i.e. Walcott, Ox, Gabriel, Coquelin) who simply aren't good enough when it comes to big games. Big changes needed if they want to compete for the title. Hazard's goal was far, far too easy - nobody even put a foot in.

Audioboxer

Arsenal board should really plan now to snatch Simeone or even Sampaoli for next season.

Either sell Wenger to China or move him up to some Technical Director of Football.

Right now the team loser mentality is, ok lets try again next season. There is no acceptable reason to keep losing steam midway.

Often tends to happen in my FM2017 saves after a season :p

EmiPrime

A change of manager is not the answer. Just accept that Chelsea are far and away the best team in the league this season and not overreact to a loss we all saw coming.

We'll go to shit even more when he leaves imo

You'll have one season or maybe two where his replacement gets rid of about 90% of your team and replaces them with player who arent shit bottlers then that process has been done properly you'll be very successful.

Rush_Khan

TBF, Arsenal only had one real central/defensive midfielder on the pitch (Coq) for the whole match.

Where are our midfielders? Carzorla? Why not bring Wilshere back?

And trust Egypt to get so far with Elneny.

Audioboxer

A change of manager is not the answer. Just accept that Chelsea are far and away the best team in the league this season and not overreact to a loss we all saw coming.

You can have Fraudinho after Leceister pull off some "title winners performance" tomorrow and beat Man Utd ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

All while Liverpool pump Hull like 5-0.

longdi

Banned
Idk when Conte can win the league in his first season with that group of mercenaries, i think Arsenal needs to get out of their comfort zone and see a change in style and mentality.

Audioboxer

Fan TV is going to be LEGIT

Rob: What is there to say? We've been saying the same things about Arsenal for the last 10+ years! Nothing has changed! Ridiculous.

Bishop Yinkus: #WENGEROUT.

Philippe Guyot: So disappointed by Sanchez : where is his head? Walcott and Ozil also below standard. Wenger not the only culprit!

Bishop Yinkus: You've single handedly destroyed your legacy at our darling club, pls go and leave us alone Arsene It's not a do or die affair.

Dr Damian Fogarty: More important defeat than Watford because Arsenal psychologically dropped in response to Chelsea goals instead of the opposite.

Raymond Little: How many times does this has to happen Arsenal before something changes?

Ricky Kelehar: If the Arsenal board don't start plotting for the next manager tomorrow, they are not doing their job.

Gooner72: I knew we would lose this game but the manner of it is just disgusting. No heart. No motivation. Wenger has got to go. NOW.

4 - Arsenal have lost four of their last nine PL games, the same total they'd lost in their previous 35 in the competition. Downturn.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/827885536719273984

Audioboxer

Can't wait to hear from Troopz, DT and Lee. Shit is gonna be flames, bruh

I'm well and truly a new part-time Arsenal fan just to get the rage from these chaps. Not that there isn't good points made some of the time, it's just the manner in which they go all out which is hilarious.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Not sure why everyone likes Arsenal fan TV? It's fucking cringey, our worst subset of fans, and our fans aren't the best as it is.

MrS

Banned
Not sure why everyone likes Arsenal fan TV? It's fucking cringey, our worst subset of fans, and our fans aren't the best as it is.
Dude don't you live in the North East? The guys on ArsenalFan TV go to every fuckin' game, week in week out! Not sure by what metric any of them are worse fans than yourself.

Audioboxer

That's... why lol.

Of course no one with a brain thinks every Arsenal fan is like that. It's just AFTV seems to beat every other fan TV station on YT for the most mental.

Plus ironically right now some of the passion the fan TV stations have would be better seen from the actual players in some of these clubs.

EmiPrime

Dude don't you live in the North East? The guys on ArsenalFan TV go to every fuckin' game, week in week out! Not sure by what metric any of them are worse fans than yourself.

Because they're not remotely representative of most match going fans who don't feel the need to scream Wenger out on Youtube/606 or insult the players on Twitter for the whole world to see.

That Newcastle fan who punched a police horse probably went to most matches but so what? Some fans are embarrassments and their dedication doesn't absolve them of being undignified cunts.

Wenger after the match said:
We had the right attitude but lacked experience and a bit of quality
giphy.gif

spidye

we can't even connect simple passes and long through balls.

I'd really love to see what we are doing in training. looks like we can't even do the simplest things in football anymore.

what a shitshow

MrS

Banned
Because they're not remotely representative of most match going fans who don't feel the need to scream Wenger out on Youtube/606 or insult the players on Twitter for the whole world to see.

That Newcastle fan who punched a police horse probably went to most matches but so what? Some fans are embarrassments and their dedication doesn't absolve them of being undignified cunts.
ArsenalFanTV has a cross-section of Arsenal fans with wildly different opinions on how the club should go forward - not all of them are saying Wenger Out. I'm not sure how you can compare the guys on there to a rogue Newcastle fan who punched a horse. How do you even know whether or not he goes to all Newcastle matches? Not a very good comparison m8.

CrayToes

When did this Liverpool side become so toothless. Up until Christmas we were creating the most chances and scoring the most goals in the league. Struggling to do either at the minute.

EmiPrime

ArsenalFanTV has a cross-section of Arsenal fans with wildly different opinions on how the club should go forward - not all of them are saying Wenger Out. I'm not sure how you can compare the guys on there to a rogue Newcastle fan who punched a horse. How do you even know whether or not he goes to all Newcastle matches? Not a very good comparison m8.

Of course I don't know, I'm just (clumsily) using him to illustrate a point that just because someone goes to matches and likes the sound of their own voice doesn't mean they are representative of Arsenal fans, 99% of whom quietly walk home or take the train/bus after a match instead of screaming and spitting vitriol outside the stadium. They might have some diversity of opinion on there but IMO them giving a platform to Claude (think that's his name) is enough for me to discount them entirely and I would hope that it would give others pause for thought before associating themselves with them.

Top Bottom