• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

Using our third and final sub in the 65th minute.
PerIsHurt.png
I love Bilić but his treatment of Antonio is his blind spot. We're in danger of ruining a very good player. You can see he doesn't want to be playing there and instead of giving him a chance to redeem himself you just haul him off? Put him forward and replace someone else for Byram at RB, for fuck's sake, Slav.

God, I hope Feghouli's & Ayew's injuries aren't serious. Also, we might seriously benefit from playing all youth in the Astra game and Brexiting out of EL ASAP.
Gonna be even worse once Payet fucks off
Not happening any time soon.

Mory Dunz

All those compliments the pundits were giving Chelsea after a 0-0 halfime and 1-0 in the second half due to a penalty....

They were all saying how X and Y look like 2 seasons ago.

I'm over here like -_-

right....

Syder

All those compliments the pundits were giving Chelsea after a 0-0 halfime and 1-0 in the second half due to a penalty....

They were all saying how X and Y look like 2 seasons ago.

I'm over here like -_-

right....
Classic opening weekend hyperbole. Chelsea will no doubt be more solid with Kanté and even more so if Matić returns to form and Zouma gets back but they're still lacking a defender (Should've pulled the trigger on Stones last year) and probably another attacking midfielder.

Equaliser came the second I turned it off. You're welcome, West Ham supporters.
;-)

NHale

Costa and Kante should have received 2 yellow cards.

Classic opening weekend hyperbole. Chelsea will no doubt be more solid with Kanté and even more so if Matić returns to form and Zouma gets back but they're still lacking a defender (Should've pulled the trigger on Stones last year) and probably another attacking midfielder.

You can tell Hazard played a lot better than in 90% of last year games, it definitely looked like Hazard from 2014/2015 is back. Chelsea as a team showed good signs of offensive movement but it's really early to tell. Also it helps that West Ham wasn't able to control possession for more than 10 seconds after the first 10 minutes of the game.

Mory Dunz

Great coaching and formation change

;-)

Yeah, it was just a bit premature. It's definitely a better shape, but you gotta score goals. Now they have

Syder

I'd happily sell Enner Valencia & Diafra Sakho tomorrow and hijack the Benteke transfer if we can haggle Liverpool down to £25m. Would be nice to get a natural left winger too.

Syder

Seeing that Antonio foul just hurts my soul. He's the best winger we've had since Etherington in his prime, for fuck's sake.

NHale

SPORT is reporting that Barcelona agreed to sell Claudio Bravo to Man City (€25M)

Joe Hart is packing his bag I suppose.

Lol trust people to bang on about a Costa challenge which although late was totally unintentional and non malicious. Anyways that was a more old school EPL performance, like a game from 08/09 or something.

TrueBlue

Lol trust people to bang on about a Costa challenge which although late was totally unintentional and non malicious. Anyways that was a more old school EPL performance, like a game from 08/09 or something.

It was probably a booking though. He had every right to go for it - what is Adrian even doing - but I wouldn't have grumbled too much if the ref had sent him off.

NHale

where could he go? Liverpool maybe?

Unless he accepts to lower his wages he doesn't have many places to go in the PL and I seriously doubt Klopp is going to spend money in a GK that is almost the carbon copy of Mignolet.

Maybe he will go to Valencia since SPORT/Mundo Deportivo are reporting Diego Alves will probably be the bench warmer for Barcelona. In Spain this morning they were saying Sevilla showed interest.

Yes it definitely looked that way to me too but at the same time it was still a very dangerous tackle that should have been at least a yellow card. Making an unintentional foul doesn't mean a "jail free" card.

It was probably a booking though. He had every right to go for it - what is Adrian even doing - but I wouldn't have grumbled too much if the ref had sent him off.

The picture looks bad no doubt but I think you'd be angry as a fan if your striker didn't try to win the ball when the oppositions keeper is dancing around with the ball at his feet. So by the letter of the law he may be lucky but I just think to focus on it is unnecessary. Speaking of letter of the law, how silly is this new booking for descent thing? Seems like the players can't even say a few words to protest.

TrueBlue

The picture looks bad no doubt but I think you'd be angry as a fan if your striker didn't try to win the ball when the oppositions keeper is dancing around with the ball at his feet. So by the letter of the law he may be lucky but I just think to focus on it is unnecessary. Speaking of letter of the law, how silly is this new booking for descent thing? Seems like the players can't even say a few words to protest.

It's not the job of the referee to worry about my feelings. I wanted Costa to go for it, but if the challenge is bad - which it was - then it's likely the ref won't give two shits.

Unless he accepts to lower his wages he doesn't have many places to go in the PL and I seriously doubt Klopp is going to spend money in a GK that is almost the carbon copy of Mignolet.

Maybe he will go to Valencia since SPORT/Mundo Deportivo are reporting Diego Alves will probably be the bench warmer for Barcelona. In Spain this morning they were saying Sevilla showed interest.

Won't be Liverpool. We just bought a goalkeeper(Loris Karius) who was meant to be our #1. Out injured at the moment, and Mignolet will be the #2 this season.

SPORT is reporting that Barcelona agreed to sell Claudio Bravo to Man City (€25M)

Joe Hart is packing his bag I suppose.

I would personally like Hart to stick around until the January window at least as there have been a few times where he has had to come back or been forced to change and has done well for the club at important times. Underneath it all he is still the balloon popper so ultimately he is gone.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yup. After every match. Multiple 'interviews'. They even have recurring 'characters'. I feel sorry for normal Arsenal fans.

I love The Stek but he is 33.

There aren't many of us tbf, I'm embarrassed of our fanbase

Top Bottom