• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Audioboxer

You can have up to 5 teams in the CL now, 4 automatic for Spain, England and Germany +1 for the Europa winner.

You go in at the minimum of the playoff level (I got confused the other day and thought it was auto group stage and the top pot, that's reserved for the 7 top league winners plus UCL winner).

If United won the Euro and City/Arse/Leicester won the UCL, and both winners finished out of the top 4, whoever gets 4th would only get Europa League next year.

If City/Arse win the UCL and United with the Euro, and both are in the top 4, then United get bumped straight to the group stage. I think.

EDIT: oh now I read on sky that winning Euro is guaranteed group. I don;t know anymore lol.

Okay, that makes it a bit clearer. As the other poster said, 4 automatic and +1 for the EL. However, as you stated, if an English team won the CL (lol) AND finished outwith the top 4, AND United won the EL, it could nuke position 4 in the league to Europa only.

Basically, very unlikely so the top 4 spots will get CL football. United might win the EL, but no English club is winning the CL.

DBT85

For those not watching
gU8EWJ9QQVKiumzYqtOa_Capture1.JPG

HtgUsTyzQOVZOJft7Shp_Capture3.JPG

Audioboxer

Ibra to score within 20 mins! The guys determination to get another trophy will be the tipping point for sure. I agree Southampton will get a goal, so I'll go for 2-1 or 3-1.

It's a cup final though, so nerves might destroy one or two United players. I have a feeling Smalling is going to fluff something up. Or if Southampton can wind up Rojo into a trademark two-footed tackle, things could get interesting.

Audioboxer

I hope Liverpool chase those snakes right out of their house.

On Monday? Guarantee Leicester suddenly start playing and manage a draw or win.

It's probably one of the few times I have rooted for Liverpool though. Hope they destroy them. Raineri should have at least gotten a chance for this big game.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
On Monday? Guarantee Leicester suddenly start playing and manage a draw or win.

It's probably one of the few times I have rooted for Liverpool though. Hope they destroy them. Raineri should have at least gotten a chance for this big game.
Yeah, I've never rooted for Liverpool to obliterate a team, in fact I don't think I've ever cheered them on. But tomorrow, I'll be watching to see the Foxes get destroyed. I want to see some classic Klopp antics lol

Am I the only person watching this United game? Jesus, Rojo is damn idiot.

DBT85

Are people actually thinking that another player running into the 6 yard box 2 yards away doesn't constitute offside just because he didn't touch it?

Like, if he's 10 yards away yeah.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Are people actually thinking that another player running into the 6 yard box 2 yards away doesn't constitute offside just because he didn't touch it?

Like, if he's 10 yards away yeah.

You can't claim he was interfering because nobody is looking at him. He's behind the play. Had he touched the ball then yes.

T-Rex.

Banned
I don't mind Tyler, just Neville is way too biased. We are the better team atm.
It's the opposite for me tbh. I think Neville's alright, and you can't really blame him for being biased towards Utd at times due to his past. Tyler is just embarrassing.

DBT85

Bad clip, awful challenge. Not as bad on replay. At least it wasn't high.

I thought the harassing the ref was supposed to stop? Refs not holding up their end again?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
A pylon has more defensive finesse than Marco Rojo. Is he trying to give a penalty away. That's third time he's done that.

^ What an idiot.

Top Bottom