• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Los Che want £5million more than the Gunners are willing to spend, while the Spanish club don't want to lose the German and Aymen Abdennour.

The Gunners boss is ready to pay around £20million for German centre-half Mustafi with the Spanish club demanding in excess of £25million.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-move-shkodran-mustafi-stalls-8638447

At least half that story is wrong. Valencia want to get rid of Abdennour no matter what happens with Mustafi. He's on a very high wage and was one of the worst defenders in all of Spain last year.

Syder

The Gunners boss is ready to pay around £20million for German centre-half Mustafa with the Spanish club demanding in excess of £25million.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-move-shkodran-mustafi-stalls-8638447
giphy.gif

Floody

Los Che want £5million more than the Gunners are willing to spend, while the Spanish club don't want to lose the German and Aymen Abdennour.

The Gunners boss is ready to pay around £20million for German centre-half Mustafi with the Spanish club demanding in excess of £25million.

I true It's almost like they want someone to step in and steal the deal from them, imagine the reaction if someone like Chelsea just hijacked it last minute.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Floody

Well it looks like we won't be signing a new LB, Paul Joyce (incredibly reliable for Liverpool stuff) said Klopp is going to persevere with Moreno.

Injuries could force Liverpool to reconsider but even then Klopp believes right-back Nathaniel Clyne can switch flanks if necessary while Ragnar Klavan, who has been impressive at centre-back, can also play there
more at the link.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/700313/Arsenal-Liverpool-Jurgen-Klopp-Premier-League-Alberto-Moreno-Hector-Transfer-News-Clyne

Edit: Also sounds like we Arsenal'd on Jonas Hector. :(

Well it looks like we won't be signing a new LB, Paul Joyce (incredibly reliable for Liverpool stuff) said Klopp is going to persevere with Moreno.

more at the link.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/700313/Arsenal-Liverpool-Jurgen-Klopp-Premier-League-Alberto-Moreno-Hector-Transfer-News-Clyne

Edit: Also sounds like we Arsenal'd on Jonas Hector. :(

Well guess it looks like we will struggle this season on that left side. Teams will make sure to target him every chance they get.

Columbus: 'the world is round'
Newton: 'objects are pulled towards the earth'
Darwin: 'we are descended from apes'
Klopp: 'Moreno is good enough'

Trust.

Floody

Kloppo really is crazy

I'm now hoping that Klavan can take his starting spot once Matip and Sakho are fully fit, sure we'll lose a bit in attacking and pace, but are midfield should be good enough to make up for it, and I think Klavan has earned a starting spot. Or that Milner is an amazing LB when he's back.
I can't take another 13/14 season where we look great going forward but have constant mistakes in defence that keep the other teams in the game.

NHale

Well guess it looks like we will struggle this season on that left side. Teams will make sure to target him every chance they get.

Portuguese newspapers are reporting today that Liverpool is interested in Fabio Coentrao (via loan). Considering how Jorge Mendes leaks stuff like this to the press, I actually believe the report.

I'm finding the Fabregas to Real Madrid rumors absolutely hilarious. It doesn't make any sense because he would not start with Kroos and Modric on the team, and then you still have James, Isco and Asensio for the same position on the bench, which is why Madrid is trying to sell at least one of them. So because it doesn't make sense is why I believe Florentino will do it.

Floody

I'm finding the Fabregas to Real Madrid rumors absolutely hilarious. It doesn't make any sense because he would not start with Kroos and Modric on the team, and then you still have James, Isco and Asensio for the same position on the bench, which is why Madrid is trying to sell at least one of them. So because it doesn't make sense is why I believe Florentino will do it.

Apparently, Chelsea wants James Rodriguez (I doubt that too, as they'd just be replacing Fabregas, who doesn't seem to be in Conte's plans, with a probably better version of him), so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just click bait spinning from that.

Edit: source.
https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/765437995700871168
TRANSFER CENTRE: #CFC move ahead of #AFC in the race to sign #RMCF forward James Rodriguez

Tosyn_88

l really really hope we do not see too much defensive football in the league this year. If the Leciester win and Portugal Euro is anything to go by, it is that defensive football is making a resurgence which I personally do not like. People can complain but a game like Liverpool Arsenal makes for better viewing than some 0-0 drag out

T-Rex.

Banned
I'm ok with that. We've been a soft touch in the market for too long, either pay what we want or go elsewhere. 27 year old Bolasie who has scored like 15 goals (if that) in the PL goes for £25m+, and they bid £23m + £7m in add-ons for 25 year old Benteke who has around 51 goals in 100 or so games? Smh.

Floody

I'm ok with that. We've been a soft touch in the market for too long, either pay what we want or go elsewhere. 27 year old Bolasie who has scored like 15 goals (if that) in the PL goes for £25m+, and they bid £23m + £7m in add-ons for 25 year old Benteke who has around 51 goals in 100 or so games? Smh.

Yeah, not really too bothered by turning it down either (just wanted to get in on some click-bait, as that's all I've seen getting put in the headlines so far), seems Palace are quite desperate and I'm assuming the add-ons were unlike to be met. Good starting point to push them up closer to £30m.

T-Rex.

Banned
Yeah, not really too bothered by turning it down (just wanted to get in on some click-bait), seems Palace are quite desperate and I'm assuming the add-ons were unlike to be met. Good starting point to push them up closer to £30m.
:p

I'm just happy we're no longer doing the whole giving away our players on loan and paying the other team for it. Well, with the exception of Balotelli but that can't be helped :lol

TrueBlue

l really really hope we do not see too much defensive football in the league this year. If the Leciester win and Portugal Euro is anything to go by, it is that defensive football is making a resurgence which I personally do not like. People can complain but a game like Liverpool Arsenal makes for better viewing than some 0-0 drag out

Leicester were very entertaining for large parts of the season though. Adaptability is often the key to winning leagues.

Chelsea did the same the previous season.

TrueBlue

I was surprised how off the boil West Ham were yesterday. I mean I know they scored and Costa should have been sent off, but it was very comfortable for us most of the time.

Kuros

Yeah, not really too bothered by turning it down either (just wanted to get in on some click-bait, as that's all I've seen getting put in the headlines so far), seems Palace are quite desperate and I'm assuming the add-ons were unlike to be met. Good starting point to push them up closer to £30m.

This is the Echo's LFC correspondent:

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 2h2 hours ago
Benteke would have had to win Wimbledon, the British Grand Prix and MasterChef for the £7million worth of add-ons to be triggered. #LFC

Basically those addon's are worthless and Palace can fuck off.

Also for people trying to filter Liverpool news. Unless it's from Tony Barrett, James Pearce, Paul Joyce or Melissa Reddy it's usually bollocks.

Man City and Chelsea leaving it very late.

The Liverpool Arsenal game was without a doubt the best first game of the season.

Yeah easily the best game.

I thought Chelsea looked the best, they looked like the most complete team who moved the ball well against a competent West Ham but West Ham look a bit undercooked and just getting back into it. I don't think you can take much from the Manchester games apart from the new systems in play and both look positive but with things that need developing. Bournemouth were a shit show who could hardly pass, Sunderland looked much better but I don't expect anything from them under Moyes, they will have a solid start to the season then fall apart. I have no idea where Liverpool or Arsenal stand, that was just a typical crazy Liverpool/Arsenal game, it just happened to be against each other. I think Everton could be a surprise of the season, they clearly have some work to do but they look much better than they did last season and now they have the pace issue sorted and look solid at the back they might get a solid run. Tottenham looked poor a bit like how England played in the Euros really. Hull were a surprise especially with the shit show going on with the team, they bossed Leicester who aren't going anywhere without Kanté. Didn't watch any other game.

Floody

I think Everton could be a surprise of the season, they clearly have some work to do but they look much better than they did last season and now they have the pace issue sorted and look solid at the back they might get a solid run

If Koeman can hit the ground running there and gets his players playing to their actual ability I think they'd definitely be challenging the top 6 at least, it's easy to just look at how poor they were last season under Martinez and forget that they actually have a really solid squad. The have a 20+ goal a season striker (when he can be arsed) in Lukaku (could still leave though), and a couple of really good, creative, attacking midfield in Deulofeu and Barkley, with a solid defence (could use a bit more strengthening though).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsène Wenger -

7th of August: "Physically, we are ready."

Yesterday: "We are not ready, physically."

Pachimari

Welcome Marco Asensio #20! See, this is the guy I have been excited about for the past 3 seasons. He'll fire up the Bernabeu for sure.

1w2ZD0s.jpg

T-Rex.

Banned
@FCSteaua: Min 78: GOAL! #OilCity

Scores a player that would have never played for ManCity without oil money! #LittleTinyManUtd 😂😂😂
loooool, alright there's no way that's the official account

moojito

loooool, alright there's no way that's the official account

Arguably not even a fan account. I don't know how anyone would want to bring the reputation of their club down like this guy is doing. I'm guessing derby rival team's fan, if they have one!

sora87

Interested to see if Aguero can stay fit this season, he should be getting way more goals per season than he has up to now.

Top Bottom