• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Aguero misses two pens, yet still gets a hat-trick

EWmof.gif

Syder

We officially signed Jonathan Calleri on-loan today. Hope it goes as well as the last Argentine we got on-loan. If this kid is, or can be, as good as people say I'd much prefer this to potentially wasting £20-£35m on someone like Benteke. I'd still get rid of any one of Carroll, Valencia & Sakho for a decent price tomorrow if someone came in.

Pachimari

Real Madrid are playing the Trofeo Bernabeu, and we are up 4-2. We're really good at headers. All of Nacho, Sergio Ramos and Morata scored one. Although the competition is weak. Where are all of my fellow madridistas in here?

MoodyFog

We officially signed Jonathan Calleri on-loan today. Hope it goes as well as the last Argentine we got on-loan. If this kid is, or can be, as good as people say I'd much prefer this to potentially wasting £20-£35m on someone like Benteke. I'd still get rid of any one of Carroll, Valencia & Sakho for a decent price tomorrow if someone came in.

For what it's worth he's dope on Football Manager

Coffinhal

Real Madrid are playing the Trofeo Bernabeu, and we are up 4-2. We're really good at headers. All of Nacho, Sergio Ramos and Morata scored one. Although the competition is weak. Where are all of my fellow madridistas in here?

3 goals from a French club that is going down in the second division (Ligue 2) this year though.

James did score, but it should be one of his last with RM if Zidane truly put him on the transfers list.

T-Rex.

Banned
Paul Joyce

Liverpool rejected the bid yesterday after indicating the triggers for the additional payments over a four year period were unrealistic.

Qualifying for the Champions League was not the sole criteria for the payment of £2.5m. In addition, Benteke had to play in 70pc of the games and score 20 goals.

lmao, wonder why we told them to fuck off

Floody

I'd be surprised if Palace actually expected that to be accepted, probably just throwing it in as a starting offer, and to see if Liverpool are really serious about their valuation. I think Liverpool will accept something like £27m with somewhat reasonable add-ons (something like 20+goals a season and play x% of games) up to 30m-31m.

edit:
In other Liverpool news, Ojo is out for a month with a fracture in his back. Not a huge loss, but our injury list is pretty packed at the moment, with 7 (I think?) players.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/liverpool-winger-sheyi-ojo-facing-11758580

T-Rex.

Banned
70% of the game is not unreasonable.
20 goals is a lot, but 15 goals would not have been unreasonable.
CL is just lol. As a Palace fan, I don't belive in that, and I don't even want it.
On their own they're not, but from the way it's worded it sounds like all 3 have to happen for the payment to be triggered. West Brom are willing to meet the valuation according to Joyce, but Benteke doesn't want to go there.

On their own they're not, but from the way it's worded it sounds like all 3 have to happen for the payment to be triggered. West Brom are willing to meet the valuation according to Joyce, but Benteke doesn't want to go there.

I've been to Birmingham, I understand him.

This is some major trolling

bucharest.jpg

A bunch of Dinamo fans posed themselves has Steau fans and asked the team owners to help with a choreography. The team distributed the papers in the stadium and when people lifted them it said Doar Dinamo Bucuresti” (Only Dinamo Bucharest) LMAO.

Floody

Everton and Liverpool expected to compete for Joe Hart's services according to Sky.
Honestly rather just stick with Mignolet until Karius is fit and give him a try, Joe Hart almost has as many mistakes in him as Mignolet has anyway, so I don't even think he'll be that much of an improvement and he probably won't be cheap either.

Everton and Liverpool expected to compete for Joe Hart's services according to Sky.
Honestly rather just stick with Mignolet until Karius is fit and give him a try, Joe Hart almost has as many mistakes in him as Mignolet has anyway, so I don't even think he'll be that much of an improvement and he probably won't be cheap either.

For club Hart has been exceptional. Internationally he has been poor and get more abuse simply because he is English. He has had four golden gloves and has run it close almost every year that City have been in the top flight, one of those years being when there was one of the worst defensive system I have seen at play which often resulted in a single defender being in position and that defender was fucking Demichelis. Under Pelligrini he was the only reason that City didn't get smashed regularly. Place a good defensive system and don't ask him to play outside his comfort zones which is when the majority of his mistakes come and he will get the same stats he got under Mancini.

sora87

For club Hart has been exceptional. Internationally he has been poor and get more abuse simply because he is English. He has had four golden gloves and has run it close almost every year that City have been in the top flight, one of those years being when there was one of the worst defensive system I have seen at play which often resulted in a single defender being in position and that defender was fucking Demichelis. Under Pelligrini he was the only reason that City didn't get smashed regularly. Place a good defensive system and don't ask him to play outside his comfort zones which is which is when the majority of his mistakes come and he will get the same stats he got under Mancini.

Definitely shouldn't come to Liverpool then :p

Floody

For club Hart has been exceptional. Internationally he has been poor and get more abuse simply because he is English. He has had four golden gloves and has run it close almost every year that City have been in the top flight, one of those years being when there was one of the worst defensive system I have seen at play which often resulted in a single defender being in position and that defender was fucking Demichelis. Under Pelligrini he was the only reason that City didn't get smashed regularly. Place a good defensive system and don't ask him to play outside his comfort zones which is which is when the majority of his mistakes come and he will get the same stats he got under Mancini.

Don't get me wrong as little as 3 years ago I thought he was 1 of the best in the world, but I think he's dropped off a lot since then and the bolded is exactly why I wouldn't want him, he'll be far more exposed under us than he ever was under you and that's when he makes mistakes.

edit: beaten lol

Beefy

If Fonte does leave who do you think will replace him? Any rumours or do you already have a replacement ready?

Haven't a clue, Soton keep most transfers very quiet. But I would expect a player bought in before he goes. I think he is all but gone btw.

Kuros

I'm sure Everton are in for him but there is no way we are. We already bought a new keeper who managed to injure himself punching a player.

Floody

I'm sure Everton are in for him but there is no way we are. We already bought a new keeper who managed to injure himself punching a player.

I have my doubts over it too, but you can never be too sure with our transfer committee. I'm assuming it's just Sky taking the Everton links and coming away with Liverpool must be in for him too, to get more people betting.

Kuros

We're as bad at penny pinching as Arsenal anyway.

I feel sorry for Valencia we'd probably try to gazump Wenger by offering 5 quid more and a bag of chips.

Floody

SER's a tabloid. They just saw that Alberto was a player on Liverpool's squad and added him to make the rumor sound better.

Probably just them trying to get Wenger to hurry up and pay, I really doubt we are going to buy a CB and that anyone would willingly take Moreno for them.

Edit: Just realised by Alberto they mean Luis, completely forgot he was a Liverpool player, also they are apparently quite reliable.

Top Bottom