• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Jarnet87

I am guessing Jose watched zero footage of Rojo playing LB during the van Gaal era. I know he's played there sparring under Jose but my word. Why not go with Blind when he has been getting PL games.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I knew this was coming. That was my go to manoeuvre in FIFA as a kid. Race down the side and pass it in to the box for the tap in lol.

Audioboxer

Holy crap what a half. Terrible United performance. What was that offside decision all about? Southampton have been great.

I was right though, Ibra goal within 20 minutes. Gutted I'm going to miss the end of the 2nd half. I actually think Southampton might win this. United's defence has been dire.

DBT85

Holy crap what a half. Terrible United performance. What was that offside decision all about? Southampton have been great.

Either the lineman got excited early and raised his flag too soon before the ball was touched, at full speed and only seeing it once he made a mistake or he felt that the player in the "traditionally" offside position was

Making a gesture of movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent (The opponent must be reasonably close to the play so that the blocking, deceiving or distracting makes a difference)

The above is what I thought and I would have expected a United goal like that to be offside. But I'm wrong.

Heshinsi

I was right though, Ibra goal within 20 minutes. Gutted I'm going to miss the end of the 2nd half. I actually think Southampton might win this. United's defence has been dire.
Rojo needs to come off.

Audioboxer

Either the lineman got excited early and raised his flag too soon before the ball was touched, at full speed and only seeing it once he made a mistake or he felt that the player in the "traditionally" offside position was

The above is what I thought and I would have expected a United goal like that to be offside. But I'm wrong.

I think the linesman thought it was the player at the back who scored. Referee should have double checked with him.

It takes 2 mins for officials to communicate, if that. Heck, a camera replay can be done in about 30 seconds.

Rojo needs to come off.

He's not a LB at all. I know he's done well as a CB and Mou probably wants to play him, but even Young would be better as a LB in a game of this importance. Rojo is manageable at LB in a less important game, but not a cup game.

Dunno what the fuck is going on with Shaw. He needs to get his head out of his ass and start showing he's deserving in training.

what joke, mistakes like this from officials in a final is unacceptable.
If saints don't win this i'm going to feel so sorry for them.
1-0 up would give them a lot of confidence and change the game.

Heshinsi

Rojo
Bailey
Smalling

BVbv7ZY.gif

Pogba defending speciality.

2-2 is deserved.
You mean Smalling right?

T-Rex.

Banned
Have to say Redmond's a much smarter player than I ever gave him credit for. Surprised he's only 22, I thought he was like 25.

Edit: unlucky Southampton.

Top Bottom