• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

DBT85

Pleased with the win, amazing Ibra again. However, the performance outside of the goals was shite and Southampton deserved to at least get a draw in 90mins if not a win.

Zlatan sounds fucked lol.

I know a top team in England that needs a left back and usually buys players from Southampton.

Top team? :p

Another cup stolen from a smaller club because our refs are terrible. The decisions aren't even difficult. Can't hate Ibra and that pisses me off!

Tosyn_88

It is easy to say Southampton were great which to be fair is partly true, but if you think about it, they were rubbish. They had like what, two weeks of rest to prepare for a FINAL!!! They went away to Dubai or Spain or wherever it is they decided to go set up camp and they come back to a Manchester that looks knackered and they couldn't put them to the sword. I mean, was not easy to see that the middle was exposed, they should have exploited it considering how much possession they could hold unto, honestly the players should bury their heads in a sand. Also what were the defenders looking at for the third goal

Congratulations to Jose Mourinho though, his team dug deep and Zlatan, the guy just wont grow old

Beefy

It is easy to say Southampton were great which to be fair is partly true, but if you think about it, they were rubbish. They had like what, two weeks of rest to prepare for a FINAL!!! They went away to Dubai or Spain or wherever it is they decided to go set up camp and they come back to a Manchester that looks knackered and they couldn't put them to the sword. I mean, was not easy to see that the middle was exposed, they should have exploited it considering how much possession they could hold unto, honestly the players should bury their heads in a sand. Also what were the defenders looking at for the third goal

Congratulations to Jose Mourinho though, his team dug deep and Zlatan, the guy just wont grow old

Are you insane? We played against a Utd team that has game winners is all. That's why there are two leagues in the Prem, other teams can't compete with the top six. That and we were playing our 3rd and 4th chouce cbs. We played well, but Utd have game changers. But you would expect that with the money they spend on players and wages.

Had the lino got his decision right for the first goal, we could have had a different game.

gg ManuGaf

Audioboxer

Sneaking a cheeky message in. Didn't see the goal but might have known it would be Ibra. Read Southampton hit the post as well. Talk about unlucky.

Tosyn_88

Are you insane? We played against a Utd team that has game winners is all. That's why there are two leagues in the Prem, other teams can't compete with the top six. That and we were playing our 3rd and 4th chouce cbs. We played well, but Utd have game changers.

Don't come at me with that excuse at all, Southampton don't even get to make excuses at all. This game had upset written all over it, from the onset you could see it, playing a possession based system was exactly the slow poison Manchester needed to die slow. Did you even watch the match, they looked knackered like a kicked dog and you guys should have passed their legs out, slow burn. You could even see how many times Tadic found space behind their middle men and you still lost it!!

Didn't get to watch the match but Ibrah is a legend. Well played Southampton as well. Look forward to checking out the highlights when I get home from Philly later this evening.

Beefy

Don't come at me with that excuse at all, Southampton don't even get to make excuses at all. This game had upset written all over it, from the onset you could see it, playing a possession based system was exactly the slow poison Manchester needed to die slow. Did you even watch the match, they looked knackered like a kicked dog and you guys should have passed their legs out, slow burn. You could even see how many times Tadic found space behind their middle men and you still lost it!!

It's not a excuse it is a fact? Utd have game changers like Ibra, who was playing against our 3rd and 4th choice cbs. Yep I watched the whole game thanks. Could we have won? Course we could , but our slow as keeper made it easier for Utd.

Again we played well but sadly couldn't score, with a goal diallowed and one off the bar. The problem we have is Gabbiadini is are only real striker and he ran himself into the ground. Teams like United can afford to play badly as they can still win, due to the plays they have.

End of the day Utd won because they can afford players like Ibra.

Tosyn_88

It's not a excuse it is a fact? Utd have game changers like Ibra, who was playing against our 3rd and 4th choice cbs. Yep I watched the whole game thanks. Could we have won? Course we could , but our slow as keeper made it easier for Utd.

Again we played well but sadly couldn't score, with a goal diallowed and one off the bar. The problem we have is Gabbiadini is are only real striker and he ran himself into the ground. Teams like United can afford to play badly as they can still win, due to the plays they have.

End of the day Utd won because they can afford players like Ibra.

Yes, the disallowed goal would have made a difference but I still maintain that you guys should have won. This United side looked the weakest I have ever seen them in months, not only that, they looked tired and what I was expecting especially after the equaliser is to slowly burn them off completely. Yes they have strong players but having strong players cannot remove the extra energy within the Southampton team, remember that this same team beat Liverpool who also have strong players so they aren't as bad as you think, they just completely switched off. They should have really exploited the space behind Pogba because it was a big weakness. Anyways, I shouldn't be entirely harsh because they did show their quality, but given all the circumstances, I suppose I expected more

DBT85

Another cup stolen from a smaller club because our refs are terrible. The decisions aren't even difficult. Can't hate Ibra and that pisses me off!

The disallowed goal robbed soton of a goal. Just as it could have galvanised soton and meant they could sit back, it could have woken United the fuck up.

If we aren't going to give linemen and refs TV backup, nothing will change. They get to see it once at full speed.

Syder

Barça having their worst season in a decade and they're still going to win the league.
e5YuU.gif

Top Bottom