• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Tosyn_88

Fucking Liverpool
LLShC.gif

You misunderstand the rule. Even Gary Neville disagrees with you.

No, you misunderstand the rules.

Being in an offside position is not an offence in itself; at the moment the ball touches, or is played by, the player's team, the player must also be "actively involved in the play" in the opinion of the referee, in order for an offence to occur.[1] When the offside offence occurs, the referee stops play and awards an indirect free kick to the defending team from the position of the offending player.[1]

Source: Fifa pdf.

Gary Neville can say whatever the heck he wants to say, the same person who said a Southampton player made a red card challenge during the game, as if his opinion is Gospel.

There is the rule from the source, keep on crying Wolf about something that isn't even unfair

Syder

No, you misunderstand the rules.

Being in an offside position is not an offence in itself; at the moment the ball touches, or is played by, the player's team, the player must also be "actively involved in the play" in the opinion of the referee, in order for an offence to occur.[1] When the offside offence occurs, the referee stops play and awards an indirect free kick to the defending team from the position of the offending player.[1]

Source: Fifa pdf.

Gary Neville can say whatever the heck he wants to say, the same person who said a Southampton player made a red card challenge during the game, as if his opinion is Gospel.

There is the rule from the source, keep on crying Wolf about something that isn't even unfair
Lol the referee made the call without consulting with the linesman, how could he see who was or wasn't offside? He couldn't. He thought Bertrand scored the goal. He fucked up. Deal with it. There's literally no pundit or former referee that agrees with you but I wonder why you're arguing this so hard, not like you've shown how biased you are in favour of United before, is it?

Audioboxer

Yeah, I can't see Liverpool finishing in the Top 4 now and United are in such good form they might not even make 5th.

s2rPw1C.png

It's okay, Liverpool will rally back to beat Arsenal and the cycle will be complete and United will be in 4th ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, I can't see Liverpool finishing in the Top 4 now and United are in such good form they might not even make 5th.

s2rPw1C.png

Y'know I was gonna counter with our near garrunteed win over Arsenal at the weekend then I realise it still ain't enough.

Fuck. We need more players. Or screamers in the second half. I want both.

Tosyn_88

Lol the referee made the call without consulting with the linesman, how could he see who was or wasn't offside? He couldn't. He thought Bertrand scored the goal. He fucked up. Deal with it. There's literally no pundit or former referee that agrees with you but I wonder why you're arguing this so hard, not like you've shown how biased you are in favour of United before, is it?

The linesman flagged it as offside and the ref obliged. The video shows the linesman actually pointing the flag. This particular case should be studied again because I feel it will happen again and people won't still have a clue as to what to expect

Jarnet87

Come on Leicester see this one out. As United have already played Leicester twice I hope they go on a tear lol. Still have games against Arsenal, City and Tottenham to play.

Audioboxer

Come on Leicester see this one out. As United have already played Leicester twice I hope they go on a tear lol. Still have games against Arsenal, City and Tottenham to play.

I suppose it's the best result for United, but as Robbie Savage says

Well I just can't believe what I'm seeing. It's completely different. They've got an extra yard, they've got extra desire.

And it's actually quite uncomfortable watching this in a strange way.

They have been playing like champions and the only difference is the manager is not here. And that doesn't seem to sit that well.

Y'know I was gonna counter with our near garrunteed win over Arsenal at the weekend then I realise it still ain't enough.

Fuck. We need more players. Or screamers in the second half. I want both.

We should have bought more players in the summer but Klopp was convinced that he had enough players for the season. He didn't take into account injuries, Mane leaving for ACON, tiredness and other cups. And then ban your defender only to ship him out on loan even though there is a defensive crisis.

Anyway I'm done with this season. I'm out.

I'm hoping we don't even make it into Europa League, if we do then we just crash out of it in the group stages.

Gothos

If Liverpool plays like that they surely be relegated. Leicester though has definetely chance to catch Chelsea... Oh, wait...

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
What the hell Liverpool? The one time I root for you guys, and this is what you have to offer. Is it because I'm watching and you guys are going through a bit of stage fright?

I'm fucking embarrassed to be a Liverpool supporter these days. We're an absolute joke.

I'm in the same boat with you. I don't think I will bother to watch anymore with this team. There really is no reason. We have no backbone when we are losing and the players don't give a shit. Fuck this club.

Do Liverpool realize you get the same amount of points for beating a small or big club? Don't think they have lost a single game against the top-6 so far and their record against the rest of the pack is horrific.

Meanwhile Chelsea has lost only 4 points against teams outside the top-6.

TimmmV

I'm in the same boat with you. I don't think I will bother to watch anymore with this team. There really is no reason. We have no backbone when we are losing and the players don't give a shit. Fuck this club.

Don't be ridiculous. Yes, 2017 has been shite but the first half of the season was still great, and the team has progressed loads vs how they were playing under Rodgers.

Top Bottom