• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Don't be ridiculous. Yes, 2017 has been shite but the first half of the season was still great, and the team has progressed loads vs how they were playing under Rodgers.

Not gonna bother to watch them anymore, fuck this club etc. Imagine being this entitled.

I hope you don't mind me asking how old are you. I'm 40, I've been supporting this team since I can remember. Majority of my family are United supporters. For 27 years its been the same shit over and over again. You just get tired of it.

Audioboxer

I hope you don't mind me asking how old are you. I'm 40, I've been supporting this team since I can remember. Majority of my family are United supporters. For 27 years its been the same shit over and over again. You just get tired of it.

Imagine being an Arsenal fan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Imagine being an Arsenal fan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They've won the FA cup two years in a row. Constantly in the Champions League. Their last league title was about 13 years ago which is less than half the time we last won our league title. So to me they are doing better than us.

Audioboxer

They've won the FA cup two years in a row. Constantly in the Champions League. Their last league title was about 13 years ago which is less than half the time we last won our league title. So to me they are doing better than us.

A charisma battle of Klopp vs Wenger tho. Wenger truly is a dried up old man. Even Jose can wind up him.

Klopp is good banter, but the guy seems to be afraid of having a good defence.

norinrad

Let me guess they hated the manager so much they were willing to let the club relegate?

I can't wait to hear them say this one is for the manager, fucking pricks.

Also what the hell is going on at Liverpool?

Lunar FC

A charisma battle of Klopp vs Wenger tho. Wenger truly is a dried up old man. Even Jose can wind up him.

Klopp is good banter, but the guy seems to be afraid of having a good defence.

The klopp charisma thing has already worn out on me personally, it's time for some actual results.

Let me guess they hated the manager so much they were willing to let the club relegate?

I can't wait to hear them say this one is for the manager, fucking pricks.

Also what the hell is going on at Liverpool?

Liverpool being Liverpool and not being able to play against a small team.

The klopp charisma thing has already worn out on me personally, it's time for some actual results.

Same here.

Audioboxer

True. You gotta sort that defence out.

The Liverpool Arsenal game at the weekend is going to be

x6eE1m5.gif

TimmmV

28, and grew up as a Liverpool supporter in Manchester so was surrounded by United (and more recently City) fans, so not sure what your point is. Just because United have been better for ages doesn't mean you lose your sense of perspective

Mascot

Christ almighty, Liverpool go into fucking slow motion when they get in the oppos half these days. Worse than Arsenel ever were for trying to pass the ball into the net through a sea of defenders. So fucking frustrating, zero penetration.

Audioboxer

Only if you think Arsenal wont go through pretty big growing pains after he leaves

I suppose that is true. It'll be Man Utd 2.0. Although, it remains to be seen if the Arsenal board pull of some corkers like Moyes and Van Gaal. Complete inexperience vs as stubborn as you can get.

If they want to try complete inexperience, give it to Eddie Howe. I think he's a class act but it would be fun seeing him with the "big boy suit" on in charge of a massive club that does have some money.

28, and grew up as a Liverpool supporter in Manchester so was surrounded by United (and more recently City) fans, so not sure what your point is. Just because United have been better for ages doesn't mean you lose your sense of perspective

I don't care about United. And my point wasn't about them doing better than us. My point is that I pour money into this club every year. I buy multiple shirts every season and I attend as many games as I can. I travel up to Liverpool from Croydon for matches. I could be saving that money instead.

Audioboxer

Easy 5-1 victory for Liverpool only to draw against Burnley at home the next week. Game-raising team at heart.

Funny cause it's probably true and I was thinking the exact same thing. Klopp will rally the troops (for one game) and they'll decimate Arsenal, but Wenger will do Wenger and still manage to squeeze into that top 4.

I don't care about United. And my point wasn't about them doing better than us. My point is that I pour money into this club every year. I buy multiple shirts every season and I attend as many games as I can. I travel up to Liverpool from Croydon for matches. I could be saving that money instead.

Pour that cash into starting Liverpool Fan TV ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Had all summer to sort out the defence but instead they bought an old guy, made a midfielder into a make shift leftback, make a defensive midfielder into a make shift central defender and to top it all off we send a natural defender on loan. Yeah ok.

Audioboxer

Had all summer to sort out the defence but instead they bought an old guy, made a midfielder into a make shift leftback, make a defensive midfielder into a make shift central defender and to top it all off we send a natural defender on loan. Yeah ok.

Yeah, Liverpools scouting team need a kick up the arse for defenders. I mean surely they could've had a go at Bailly? Jose had the right mindset coming into a club and demanding they do a complete backbone. A defender, a midfielder and a forward. Okay, Pogba was stupid money, and Zlatan probably signed because, Mourinho. However, a young promising defender like Bailly could probably have been scouted and convinced to come to Liverpool.

Central defenders aren't easy to come by, good ones anyway, but like all potential defenders a good scouting network can find gems. Whether it is fullbacks or central defenders.

I suppose £30 million is still quite a lot, but it ain't no John Stones £50m LOL.

T-Rex.

Banned
I expected nothing from the match and yet somehow the players still managed to disappoint me. At least we'll beat Arsenal next so we can start this whole cycle again.

Yeah, Liverpools scouting team need a kick up the arse for defenders. I mean surely they could've had a go at Bailly?. Jose had the right mindset coming into a club and demanding they do a complete backbone. A defender, a midfielder and a forward. Okay, Pogba was stupid money, and Zlatan probably signed because, Mourinho. However, a young promising defender like Bailly could probably have been scouted and convinced to come to Liverpool.

Central defenders aren't easy to come by, good ones anyway, but like all potential defenders a good scouting network can find gems. Whether it is fullbacks or central defenders.

I suppose £30 million is still quite a lot, but it ain't no John Stones £50m LOL.

I agree. As good as Matip might be, he is only one man. Lucas is too small and slow to be a defender in the Premier League, this isn't La Liga. What bothers me the most is that the defense has been the problem since Rodgers took over and it still is our biggest problem.

Audioboxer

I expected nothing from the match and yet somehow the players still managed to disappoint me. At least we'll beat Arsenal next so we can start this whole cycle again.

The Sonic Liverpool Cycle.

I agree. As good as Matip might be, he is only one man. Lucas is too small and slow to be a defender in the Premier League, this isn't La Liga. What bothers me the most is that the defense has been the problem since Rodgers took over and it still is our biggest problem.

Yeah, first season it can hard to revamp a whole defence, but he should have brought more in for the second season.

Milner has actually been decent, kind of like how Valencia revamped his career as a RB from a Winger. However, he's not quite Valencia levels of success converting into a defender.

Syder

Lack of signings or not, injuries or not, Klopp is simply naïve for sticking so rigidly 'his style' when the defence had Lucas Leiva in it.

Audioboxer

Lack of signings or not, injuries or not, Klopp is simply naïve for sticking so rigidly 'his style' when the defence had Lucas Leiva in it.

That's the downfall of a lot of managers in the premier league, not having a plan b, or not knowing how to successfully implement a plan b when the need calls.

The great thing about this league is the potential for all teams to need to chop and change. Conte learned this quickly, and man did he adapt beautifully. Where as you could say Guardiola hasn't quite.

Wenger has more than enough experience to manage it, and knows how to, but he annoys Arsenal fans with some really dumb decisions at times, and whatever the fuck Arsenal call their transfer policy. Klopp seems to be following Wenger on the transfer policy madness. Tactically he has shown he can adapt. It's just nuking that defence by not fixing the cracks in it (or now it's really gaping holes).

TimmmV

And? I think I've spent over a grand on Liverpool tickets + travel to the games this season. Just cos you've spent some money doesn't mean you can be this entitled the moment they have a shit run of form

I suppose that is true. It'll be Man Utd 2.0. Although, it remains to be seen if the Arsenal board pull of some corkers like Moyes and Van Gaal. Complete inexperience vs as stubborn as you can get.

If they want to try complete inexperience, give it to Eddie Howe. I think he's a class act but it would be fun seeing him with the "big boy suit" on in charge of a massive club that does have some money.

Moyes could have done everything right and it still would have been a failure imo.

Honestly, part of me almost thinks it might be better for Arsenal to get a patsy manager for a season to just take the brunt of the fallout after Wenger leaves

And also for the ArsenalFanTV content

That's the downfall of a lot of managers in the premier league, not having a plan b, or not knowing how to successfully implement a plan b when the need calls.

The great thing about this league is the potential for all teams to need to chop and change. Conte learned this quickly, and man did he adapt beautifully.

Where as you could say Guardiola hasn't quite.

This.

This summer transfer window I think Liverpool need to buy players that will go straight into the first team, not potential signings which we've been doing the last few years. Because so far the potential signings haven't really amount to much.

And? I think I've spent over a grand on Liverpool tickets + travel to the games this season. Just cos you've spent some money doesn't mean you can be this entitled the moment they have a shit run of form

Only a grand? Come back and talk to me when you've paid a lot more than that. Also you act like their shit run of form has just started. Name me a top six team that has a bad run of games this long. I mean even Everton is not that far off from us and they were only at 27 points not to long ago.

Audioboxer

Moyes could have done everything right and it still would have been a failure imo.

Honestly, part of me almost thinks it might be better for Arsenal to get a patsy manager for a season to just take the brunt of the fallout after Wenger leaves

And also for the ArsenalFanTV content

Moyes was just so out of his depth it wasn't funny. It was two things. Fergie seemingly wanting to recreate himself in another Scot, and the whole board forgetting the club was not the same "smaller" club it was when Fergie came in and needed a bit of time.

I mean I always felt a bit bad for Moyes because damn, you do NOT want to be following Ferguson. However, the guy was like a deer in headlights. I mean look where he is now, managing Sunderland at the bottom of the table :/ The guy nuked his career leaving Everton where he actually done okay!

Arsenal could end up in a similar position as United were if they're not careful. Regardless of what anyone says about them, they're still a massive club. If you ask me what they've been lacking for years, it's leaders. They sorely miss a Keown, Adams, Vieira, etc. That goes for Liverpool too. Even just United bringing in Zlatan has brought about a bit of that swagger, leadership and arrogance a side needs. Rooney used to provide that at one point, but he's neutered himself in recent years and become a shell of who he used to be.

T-Rex.

Banned
I know wtf

My god. Does this mean we'll repackage our season with new kits every year and sell it as an improvement? NOOOOOOOOOOO

Unless if we're incredible next season then keep it coming Petey

Pls get a Messi tattoo
We could use some of that FIFA scripting tbh!

Is this a joke? Is he even a Liverpool fan? His twitter says he is.
Serious. I remember hearing ages back that he is but I dunno.

Audioboxer

Posted a what.gif in the other thread, but hey maybe it means Liverpool scouts will scour some FIFA player ratings and buy a 70+ defender! lol

DBT85

On one hand, I dud predict this, on the other fuck Leicester players, and on the other, Lolerpool what are you doing?

Kloppo had his time to prep and a little holiday and gets spanked.

Got to get that defence fixed.

How?

Maybe it was Raniers Tactics that made them subdued and now that they have the freedom to play their style they win?

Tactics will explain you getting beat. It struggles to explain every individual performance being utter shit.

Top Bottom