• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Blablurn

Robben asked the referee not to give Badstuber a red card but the ref declined

C53VekaWUAEhwig.jpg

Robben: Do you really have to give him a yellow?

Ref: Yeah i have to.

Robben: He doesnt deserve this, not in his own stadium.

Jarnet87

Lmao dude is a club legend and won a champions league in half a season, you're still competing for the title you'll be okay.

Ancelotti won a UCL and got sacked the following season so it will be interesting to see what Perez does if Zidane fails to win either the league or UCL.

The BBC's piece on scouting in Manchester is utter bollocks. As somebody who has had experience of the old system of both clubs at the younger age range featured in the article there is little different except now one offers an education, one always had better facilities than the other. Also not to mention the aim of academies is to create professional footballers not just footballers for their clubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/longform_manchester_cold_war

DBT85

The Football Association wants to test a video assistant referee system from the third round of next year's FA Cup.

The announcement came at the annual meeting of the International Football Association Board (Ifab) on Friday.

The Ifab are also reviewing the order teams take penalty shoot-outs, as there is a "clear advantage" to going first.

The meeting also confirmed that clubs will be allowed to use a fourth substitute during extra time from the quarter-finals of this season's FA Cup.

Proposals for sin-bins for yellow-card offences and rolling substitutions at lower levels of football, to be introduced from June, were also approved at the Wembley meeting.

It is a move to "encourage more people to take part" in youth and amateur leagues.

Ifab is made up of Fifa and the four British home associations - the FAs of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - and is responsible for making the final decision on law changes.

Video refs in the FA cup, extra sub in extra time in the latter stages, sinbins and rolling subs.

Fair play to City, my uncle was a big City fan that died in an accident at the start of the year and Summerbee was at the funeral today and offered a box for a match with a chance to meet some of the old City players. It was a nice gesture.

Syder

Fair play to City, my uncle was a big City fan that died in an accident at the start of the year and Summerbee was at the funeral today and offered a box for a match with a chance to meet some of the old City players. It was a nice gesture.
Sorry for your loss, mate.

Syder

Warrant issued for Scotland footballer Snodgrass over baby in car
A warrant has been issued for Scotland international footballer Robert Snodgrass after he failed to turn up for his court trial.
The West Ham striker is charged with driving a car while a baby was being held by a passenger. Snodgrass, 29, is alleged to have driven on Duke Street, Glasgow, on 17 April with too many people to fit a baby seat in. The baby is alleged to have been in the arms for a rear seat passenger. Snodgrass, originally from Glasgow, was not at the city's Justice of the Peace Court when the case called. Defence lawyer Martin Black told the court "he didn't think he had to be" when asked why his client was not present. The Crown requested a warrant which was granted by JP Eunice Paton.

Audioboxer

Arsenal Liverpool tomorrow, I am excite. I swear on the almighty Arsenal Fan TV if Man Utd fuck up against Bournemouth at lunch time I will rage quit GAFs football topic lol.

I demand a pleasurable MOTD watch with an Ibra hattrick and the tea time kick off having fireworks.

ElyrionX

I don't understand Rooney at all. Where did his striker's instinct go? He could have had two goals today already. That second one where he squared the ball to Ibra, the Rooney of old would have blasted it into goal. Does he have no more confidence in his own shooting ability?

Jarnet87

Ibra and Mings both deserve to be off, no idea why Surman got the 2nd yellow. Ibra is another foul away from going off, Mou needs to give him a talking because we know he is not getting subbed off. He has also been shit today.

Thought the Mings stamp was accidental at first. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

Having seen it again. Yeesh.

What did Surman get the second yellow for? Completely missed it.

Audioboxer

Nah, you don't retaliate, both were idiots and deserved to get reds.

Yeah, both should be off. You don't stamp on Ibras head though, that's asking to be killed. There has to be action taken after the game considering head injuries are such serious affairs these days.

What a half, drama and a bit of everything. If Man Utd draw this yet another case of not taking chances in the prem league.

Empty

mings genuinely could have killed zlatan with that stamp. horrible. horrible. horrible.

referee is a mad incompetent. obvs both should be off and feel bad for surman.

Beefy

Yeah, both should be off. You don't stamp on Ibras head though, that's asking to be killed. There has to be action taken after the game considering head injuries are such serious affairs these days.

What a half, drama and a bit of everything. If Man Utd draw this yet another case of not taking chances in the prem league.

Mings wanted to get back at Ibra. Ibra threw him out the way earlier on. Both are idiots and both lost it to do shit like that.

Audioboxer

Mings wanted to get back at Ibra. Ibra threw him out the way earlier on. Both are idiots and both lost it to do shit like that.

A tussle with a throw is nowhere near in the same realm as a studs stamp to the head when someone is on the ground. Push him back if you have to. As much as I agree both should be off I even have to agree with Caragher, if someone stamps on your head you're going to get back at them rightly or wrongly.

GHG

Gold Member
Looks like he pushed the Zlat. Nobody does that.

So then Ibra should have been booked for a worse shove on Mings previously.

The referee lost control the moment he didn't book Ibra for that. The players clearly realised he was a soft touch and it's been bedlam ever since.

T-Rex.

Banned
It's easy to say don't retaliate, but when you stamp on someone's head you deserve what you get. What an absolute cunt.*

*both should have got sent off obviously but you can't blame Ibra for reacting.

Top Bottom