• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Audioboxer

Every season is a car crash for our fans. It's tiring.

I've been on this forum since 2006 and you could probably pull up any random post I've made about Arsenal on here in the last decade and it would still ring true today.

Leaders man, the team is in dire need of leaders. Same thing has happened at United since Ferdinand, Vidic and Giggs left. Giggs maybe wasn't a tough man leader, but just a player who calms. Kind of like Carrick, but not good enough on their own.

The last Arsenal team that dominated had all the big leaders. You guys really need to win later on, but so do Liverpool after 2 recent cup exits. Biiiig game. As I said Man Utd have eased some of the pressure for both of you with their complete crumbling under the pressure. Bottlers, bottlers everywhere!

Also Zlatan, lol

Manchester United's Zlatan Ibrahimovic says Tyrone Mings "jumped into his elbow" during a controversial incident in the 1-1 draw against Bournemouth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39166658

When he gets his 3~5 match ban, United are fucked.

T-Rex.

Banned
Is Sanchez injured? It's a weird Arsenal team.. I mean I can guess what Wenger's looking to do here; play it long to Giroud to bypass our press and have him knock it down to the oncoming players, but I don't really think the Arsenal team is suited for that kind of play. We're horrific at dealing with 2nd balls so it could work, but I'd be a lot more worried if both Sanchez and Walcott were starting as they'd be able to kill us on the counter with their pace.

GHG

Gold Member
Sanchez on the bench... Yet more lunacy from Wenger. He's doing his best to ruin us before he finally fucks off.

Is Sanchez injured? It's a weird Arsenal team.. I mean I can guess what Wenger's looking to do here; play it long to Giroud to bypass our press and have him knock it down to the oncoming players, but I don't really think the Arsenal team is suited for that kind of play. We're horrific at dealing with 2nd balls so it could work, but I'd be a lot more worried if both Sanchez and Walcott were starting as they'd be able to kill us on the counter with their pace.

Seen a lot of rumours about Juventus bidding for Sanchez. I'm convinced by now he wants to leave.

Still not a player you bench if he is 100% fit.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wenger: "I've worked in football since 33 years of age. Now at 67 I have to convince people I know how to manage a football club."

He's right you know

a team that only shows up in the big games
vs
a team that rarely shows up in the big games

i'm truly shocked

did I see a cheeky smile from Alexis or was that wishful thinking? :D

GHG

Gold Member
"Why didn't you start Sanchez?"
Wenger: "because I feel we needed more height"

10 minutes into the game Liverpool score from the second phase of a goal kick.

I'm done.

Empty

this arsenal side without sanchez and ozil, it's so midtable. you'd expect iwobi, ox and welbeck to be lining up the attack at west brom. perhaps a bit unfair, west brom would probably have bought an improvement on coquelin in january.

I have a question for Arsenal fans: aren't you tired of losing? Seriously, If you want to win something again you have to get rid of that French old fart you have as manager.

-MB-

A have a question for Arsenal fans: aren't you tired of losing? Seriously, If you want to win something again you have to get rid of that French old fart you have as manager.

As someone who supports Arsenal, I wanted him gone for over 6 years now. He been overstaying his welcome for years now. The guy brought hte silverware for years, and am grateful for that, but the credits for this isn't a warrant for him to be able to stay on and muck it up for over a decade.

Everywhere else he would have been kicked to the curb 2 seasons after winning nothing, if lucky.

EmiPrime

I have a question for Arsenal fans: aren't you tired of losing? Seriously, If you want to win something again you have to get rid of that French old fart you have as manager.

If you think it will be any different under a new manager then you haven't been paying attention. If Wenger leaves and Ozil and Sanchez inevitably follow we're a mid table (outside the top 6) side.

GHG

Gold Member

Audioboxer

W8ewGwR.png

Icolin

Banned
Christ, the officiating in the Man U Bournemouth game. The most atrocious I've seen in a long time, and that's coming from someone that watches MLS.

On another note, delighted with the LFC win today. Wijnaldum was brilliant.

DBT85

Only just seen the incident (more dropped points ffs) wouldn't be surprised to see mings get nothing at all and zlatan get a ban.

Top Bottom