• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Some Man Utd fans.... /s

In saying that, either us lot on in the GAF Football Topic are fairly neutered, or we're all just the rare kind of self-hating supporters who know most of our teams constantly do shite.

Even Arsenal-GAF is thoroughly self-defeated. Considering AFTV, usually Arsenal fans are a bit more explosive :p I try to do some light trolling, but no one ever takes the bait :( Instead we all just get together in here and agree our own teams keep screwing up. Where is Chelsea-GAF? You guys are like Unicorns. I'd expect more smug posts from you lot this season.

German Football GAF had a reputation before I joined, but are you all banned now? lol

Even the Barcelona/Real battle seems lacking in here. Sad times.
Why are the Bundesliga fans banned lol?

Audioboxer

Lukaku to Man Utd, Ibrahimovic to LA Galaxy. Watch this space.

Rooney back to Everton probably.

I'd really like to see two seasons of Ibra, but I don't think it will happen. I'm not so sure I should be turning down Lukaku either, as boy does he have ability. Have an issue with taking chances? Sign Lukaku.

Why are the Bundesliga fans banned lol?

I heard rumours they got clipped for being a bit too wild in here. Yesterday's Football GAF will have to confirm, because even although I love football I was a latecomer to this community.

It wouldn't surprise me though, those pesky Germans thinking the Bundesliga is better than the Premier League
fuse lit

Pennywise

I have honestly no idea what you're talking about. German FootyGAF has a Snitch though.

And he stole all the banter.

Someone is spreading lies then! One of the first things I read was about German FootballGAF being rowdy and this community being shrunk :p

I mean, I don't take it for a literal hitman going rogue in Germany, but modbot probably sniping some football fans being a bit too passionate :p

FootyGaf as whole got nuked and moved.
This is only a shell of the former community.

Bundesliga GAF was always among the tamest groups among FootyGaf.

Audioboxer

I have honestly no idea what you're talking about. German FootyGAF has a Snitch though.

Someone is spreading lies then! One of the first things I read was about German FootballGAF being rowdy and this community being shrunk!

I mean, I don't take it for a literal hitman going rogue in Germany, but modbot probably sniping some football fans being a bit too passionate :p

United charged with failing to control their players by the FA, you what mate lol.

Okay, that is some bullshit. RAAAAAAGE!

Charge Costa for being an actor instead of a footballer.

tim.mbp

22436-chicha-rapado.jpg

Audioboxer

And he stole all the banter.

FootyGaf as whole got nuked and moved.
This is only a shell of the former community.

Bundesliga GAF was always among the tamest groups among FootyGaf.

Just seen this response, damn, dare I ask what happened? I still bet it was top banter, with a little too much edge for its own good.

Also sorry for calling out Bundesliga GAF. I'm going to guess it was Premier League-GAF or La Liga-GAF.

Shame for Everton, wonder if Jose would buy him?

If Ibra is going it would be a very safe move. Griezmann ain't coming to this ship if you ask me. Everton can rinse Man Utd out of funds as well.

Zasa

Where we belong, where we belong...

Multiple opportunities to move to 5th, and we cave under pressure every time.
I'm sure next season you guys will have a top 4 spot locked up, & you still have a great chance at winning the EL this season. Shoddy early start pretty much sealed it up for you guys imo, shame Zlatan was going through that big rut at the time.

Audioboxer

I'm sure next season you guys will have a top 4 spot locked up, & you still have a great chance at winning the EL this season. Shoddy early start pretty much sealed it up for you guys imo, shame Zlatan was going through that big rut at the time.

Shame no one can score but Zlat :/

Not so certain about next year, as I think Liverpool will strengthen and who knows about Arsenal. We'll be in dire straights if we don't get into the CL, so it looks more and more like the EL is a must win. The more pressure there is on it, the more the League will get thrown under the bus. Then all it takes is to make it to a EL final, lose the final, then have left it too late to salvage the league.

Wenger is going to make the top 4, he always sneaks in. Then he'll sign a new contract.

I'd really like to see two seasons of Ibra, but I don't think it will happen. I'm not so sure I should be turning down Lukaku either, as boy does he have ability. Have an issue with taking chances? Sign Lukaku.

I heard rumours they got clipped for being a bit too wild in here. Yesterday's Football GAF will have to confirm, because even although I love football I was a latecomer to this community.

It wouldn't surprise me though, those pesky Germans thinking the Bundesliga is better than the Premier League
fuse lit
Well I was banned for two week until just recently, so it looks like I'm fitting with other Bundesliga fans.

giphy.gif

Check Toni Kroos' IP and you will find him. Then no mercy.

raw

T-Rex.

Banned
Shame no one can score but Zlat :/

Not so certain about next year, as I think Liverpool will strengthen and who knows about Arsenal. We'll be in dire straights if we don't get into the CL, so it looks more and more like the EL is a must win. The more pressure there is on it, the more the League will get thrown under the bus. Then all it takes is to make it to a EL final, lose the final, then have left it too late to salvage the league.

Wenger is going to make the top 4, he always sneaks in. Then he'll sign a new contract.
You reckon? I'd say it's more important for us, Spurs, and Arsenal to make it than yourselves tbh. You can still spend plenty of money even if you don't make it, and you can afford to pay crazy wages to attract some of the better players. We can't, and I don't think the other clubs can afford to either.

Audioboxer

Well I was banned for two week until just recently, so it looks like I'm fitting with other Bundesliga fans.

giphy.gif

Check Toni Kroos' IP and you will find him. Then no mercy.

raw

Welcome back! In time for some more CL football tonight!

You reckon? I'd say it's more important for us, Spurs, and Arsenal to make it than yourselves tbh. You can still spend plenty of money even if you don't make it, and you can afford to pay crazy wages to attract some of the better players. We can't, and I don't think the other clubs can afford to either.

Man Utds scouting network has been a bit iffy for a while, constantly relying on big names, of whom many will tell us to bounce with no CL football. Although Bailly was a smart pickup and for a "reasonable" cost. Spurs have an amazing group of young talent, Arsenal as I said always creep in and Liverpool still seem to find a way to dig up rough gems regardless of what they have access to. They need defenders though, oh boy they need defenders. Man City will be a definite for a top 4 spot.

I'm at Chelsea, City and Tottenham and then Liverpool/Arsenal fighting for 4th. Man Utd need to win the EL.

I also think for Mourinhos sanity he needs CL football. I fully expect him to completely lose the plot if he doesn't make it in. He won't be sacked, but he'll act like he should be. A bratty, bitchy and annoyed Mou is not good in extended spells, it's toxic.

Just seen this response, damn, dare I ask what happened?

A notable member got banned which led to more footygaf members being banned. Someone came in a told a story about when he met EviLore. EviLore saw the post banned a bunch more people and then suspended footygaf for a year. Everyone moved over to the site that NBAgaf moved to after they got perma banned. I posed there for a bit but I didn't really like the layout of the forums.

edit: People were being ridiculous and it was a harsh punishment but I can't complain.

Zasa

Leicester luck continues, lol. Utterly destroyed in the first leg, after Sevilla outshot them 22-7, with 7 SoT to 2, one missed PK, & hit the the bar twice. Of course this match occurs in the moment when Sevilla are having their most difficult spell of football in the season. This really should be 5-3 on aggregate, Sevilla just played themselves.

Ah well, Leicester will get destroyed by whoever they face in the QF's.

Top Bottom