• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Zasa

What a bad result, Leicester didn't deserve the win by any measure. Just sheer luck. The bigger shame is that Leicester will get trampled by whoever they face next, at least Sevillla would've given us a great competitive match & when they're playing good Sampaoli football can beat any team in Europe (as this season has shown vs Juve, Atléti, & RM)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
ny05tqm.gif

lol

This whole Leicester thing is beyond absurd now. Orgy, to new manager, to the title, to shocking form, to new manager, to getting further than Arsenal in something they've spent years trying. Yeesh.

Leicester luck continues, lol. Utterly destroyed in the first leg, after Sevilla outshot them 22-7, with 7 SoT to 2, one missed PK, & hit the the bar twice. Of course this match occurs in the moment when Sevilla are having their most difficult spell of football in the season. This really should be 5-3 on aggregate, Sevilla just played themselves.

Ah well, Leicester will get destroyed by whoever they face in the QF's.
So Sevilla can't shoot for shit. I love how in football if a team can't score it's somehow 'luck' for the other team rather than poor shots. Sevilla played poorly and Leicester destroyed them in the second leg, just a truth, innit.

Zasa

So Sevilla can't shoot for shit. I love how in football if a team can't score it's somehow 'luck' for the other team rather than poor shots. Sevilla played poorly and Leicester destroyed them in the second leg, just a truth, innit.
Most of those shots were from good locations & in the box, & those are now two missed PK's. So yes, Leicester were lucky to scrape by since on any other day Sevilla score from big chances & make at least one pen. Not to mention hitting the bar twice, & Sevilla didn't get destroyed in the second leg, lol. Leicester were better sure, but not even close to what Sevilla did to them in the first leg.

Truth of the matter is that on any other day Sevilla would've scored from those clear cut chances like they have all season long.

Most of those shots were from good locations & in the box, & those are now two missed PK's. So yes, Leicester were lucky to scrape by since on any other day Sevilla score from big chances & make at least one pen. Not to mention hitting the bar twice, & Sevilla didn't get destroyed in the second leg, lol. Leicester were better sure, but not even close to what Sevilla did to them in the first leg.

Truth of the matter is that on any other day Sevilla would've scored from those clear cut chances like they have all season long.
Aye but Leicester also missed some clear shots at goal, can I count them as goals too when we tally up our imaginary scoring sheets?

Sevilla had two games to beat Leicester and they won one, Leicester won one by a larger margin and managed to score away from home.

I'm not even a Leicester fan but you shouldn't be so salty about an earnest defeat. Doesn't matter about imaginary score sheets or imaginary 'other days', Sevilla didn't win and luck has nothing to do with it, penalties saved, shots missed, there's no luck there but football. Don't be silly, at least Sevilla have next year to take a punt at the CL.

Jarnet87

Glad to see Leicester playing well, they have a lot of big fixtures left in the league that could help United, assuming United actually help themselves.

Zasa

Aye but Leicester also missed some clear shots at goal, can I count them as goals too when we tally up our imaginary scoring sheets?

Sevilla had two games to beat Leicester and they won one, Leicester won one by a larger margin and managed to score away from home.

I'm not even a Leicester fan but you shouldn't be so salty about an earnest defeat. Doesn't matter about imaginary score sheets or imaginary 'other days', Sevilla didn't win and luck has nothing to do with it, penalties saved, shots missed, there's no luck there but football. Don't be silly, at least Sevilla have next year to take a punt at the CL.
Of course there's luck in football. It's not everyday you get a team who misses 2 PK's, & hits the bar twice in a circumstance where scoring any one of them would've gotten them through. Sevilla didn't win the tie on their own accord, & their own bad luck.

Either way, Leicester won't be doing much in the CL & I look forward to seeing yet another English team get dominated in the CL.

Diablos54

Either way, Leicester won't be doing much in the CL & I look forward to seeing yet another English team get dominated in the CL.
They're already in the quarters that's impressive no matter who you are, never mind being someone who's biggest claim to fame before the last 2/3 years was being the team Gary Lineker supports!

Top Bottom