• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Carbonox

Newcastle thumped Jaap Stam's Reading 4-1 to finally get our season underway. 3 goals in 3 games for Dwight Gayle. Squad still needs work but it's good to get off the mark finally.

Also, the best footy game - Football Manager releases Nov 4th

I always feel such a chump for ponying up £40+ every year for a product that's basically a bugfix with an updated database; that they can't even deliver before the season starts

but I still do it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Really liked what I saw from our new signings, Digne has impressed me the most. Seriously who was that guy before? I know he played with Roma, but never heard anything about him. Looked really good today and in the 1st leg of the Supercopa, Jordi Alba has some much needed competition now. Really good signing.

Andre Gomez looked good, too, specially for someone that started training with the team less than 2 weeks ago. That ball to Digne for Messi's goal was hnnnngggg.

Umtiti looked good, too penalty aside, never did anything stupid and played the ball well.

Very confident of this team this season, liking all these new signings, we finally have some depth ,completely different from last season.

NHale

So Claudio Bravo will play for Barcelona in the weekend despite all the sources saying it's a done deal.

Apparently Barcelona agreed to sell but it will not allow him to leave when Ter Stegen is recovered from his injury. This seems like a mess in the making.

Blablurn

CqJPzO6WcAACEwY.jpg:large

Westlo

My initial thoughts on who to follow is Everton mostly with the now (former) Tim Howard connection as I have since learned. Good idea? For those that follow the NFL I am a big Minnesota Vikings fan so I am used to heartbreak :(

I hope you end up following Everton, exciting times ahead imo after we finally got a new investor/owner.

Floody

Ladbrokes have slashed their odds on Balotelli to Wolves.Think it could be just the move he needs to finally try and save his career, be hard, though, some good teams in the Championship, so could just as likely end with him having a tantrum and putting the final nail in his career's coffin.

bjaelke

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david
EXCL: #CPFC reach agreement with #LFC to sign Benteke. £27m + addons that could take it above £30m. Travelling to London for medical & terms

£5m addons. £32m in total

Floody

Thought that'd be about what we'd accept. Good offer and he should do well at Palace, wish him the best too. Also dreading that hattrick he's gonna score against us.
I think Liverpool will accept something like £27m with somewhat reasonable add-ons up to 30m-31m.

edit: also https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/766334428155146240

Unlike the offer for Benteke on Tuesday, this one includes add-ons which are both realistic and achievable. #LFC

Seems like Benteke was essentially an expensive loan. Still a better loan than the mess Falcao was for two seasons in the Prem.

Very impressed with our business this window. Just need Balotelli and possibly Markovic to leave and I'm still hopeful for a left back. Doubt it'll happen though. We need a backup fullback in general, especially if Clyne gets injured.

Mane not being injured is good news as well, but I hope he gets rested if its a concern. We have like 50 other attackers raring to go.

Best wishes.

King_Moc

Banned
Good news about Benteke for all parties. He got unlucky at Liverpool, but I think he'll do very well for Palace. Think that could be a great piece of business for them.

Floody

Seems like Benteke was essentially an expensive loan. Still a better loan than the mess Falcao was for two seasons in the Prem.

Very impressed with our business this window. Just need Balotelli and possibly Markovic to leave and I'm still hopeful for a left back. Doubt it'll happen though. We need a backup fullback in general, especially if Clyne gets injured.

Mane not being injured is good news as well, but I hope he gets rested if its a concern. We have like 50 other attackers raring to go.

Best wishes.

We pretty much just relegated Villa for (possibly) £500k, we should get some sort of award imo.

We pretty much just relegated Villa for (possibly) £500k, we should get some sort of award imo.

Doesn't seem to be working with Southampton though lol.

Benteke's going to score against us again isn't he? Ah well, I'm glad the deal's pretty much done and that we got most of our money back.

Essentially went from a terrible transfer flop to a transfer that just didn't work out. Thank you TV deals.

TeddyBoy

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david
EXCL: #CPFC reach agreement with #LFC to sign Benteke. £27m + addons that could take it above £30m. Travelling to London for medical & terms

£5m addons. £32m in total

My mates were certain we'd never get rid of Benteke for anything close to what we paid last year. It's been very good business for us this window, now just get rid of Balo and we'd only really be left with Wisdom, Ilori and Alberto who'd be out of our matchday squad.

King_Moc

Banned
My mates were certain we'd never get rid of Benteke for anything close to what we paid last year. It's been very good business for us this window, now just get rid of Balo and we'd only really be left with Wisdom, Ilori and Alberto who'd be out of our matchday squad.

The only real concern is having a net spend of <£5m. Doesn't bode well for the intentions of the owners going forward, unless this is all down to Klopp.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The only real concern is having a net spend of <£5m. Doesn't bode well for the intentions of the owners going forward, unless this is all down to Klopp.

tbf, theyre getting rid of shit players whilst bringing in promising ones

Anyone know how flexible the price is for Sky Sports? I'd love me some Rachel Riley on Friday nights but i'm not forking out £40 a month for it.

Top Bottom