• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Kuros

Anyone know how flexible the price is for Sky Sports? I'd love me some Rachel Riley on Friday nights but i'm not forking out £40 a month for it.

Very flexible if you're already a customer and out of contract. Just threaten to leave and they fall over themselves taking money off.

As for new customers. Have a look for cash back deals. Makes it pretty cheap.

Floody

The only real concern is having a net spend of <£5m. Doesn't bode well for the intentions of the owners going forward, unless this is all down to Klopp.

Still holding on to the tiniest little bit of hope we sign a decent LB, or at the very least a decent RB for some cover. We probably won't though.

I think the positive net spend is just due to us getting really good money for players not worth even half what we got, Ibe and Smith mostly, we didn't do too bad on Skrtel either. Don't think we can really doubt the owners commitment yet, especially as they've pumped a lot into the club over the last 3 seasons alone.

Well, Dwight Gayle has moved, so someone has to score against you, right?

Yeah, but you gave the other bastard who always has the game of his season against us to Everton, so we've double our yearly Palace beaten really.

Very flexible if you're already a customer and out of contract. Just threaten to leave and they fall over themselves taking money off.

People always say that, but I once tried it with a mobile contract and I think they knew I was bluffing so it turned into a game of chicken and I accidentally ended up switching networks.

Kuros

People always say that, but I once tried it with a mobile contract and I think they knew I was bluffing so it turned into a game of chicken and I accidentally ended up switching networks.

Fair enough. Mobile retention deals can be harder to get as you're only a grade a customer if you spend over and above your inclusive calls/data every month.

However:

I haven't paid more than 30 quid a month for sky HD and sports since I joined in 2009. I just threaten them with Virgin Media (helps I'm in a cable zone I guess)

As for new customers. Have a look for cash back deals. Makes it pretty cheap.

I'm unfortunately either, I upgraded the package last week after VM phoned and offered a better package at a cheaper price than what I was paying. I should've tried my luck then.

Klopp, please sign a LB. You can keep your Moreno but sign a quality fullback to at least cover for Clyne if he gets injured. Milner will be found out in his makeshift position eventually as well.

Best wishes.

Syder

Palace should've taken Balotelli on-loan as well. They still need strikers and Liverpool need shot of him.
hlGpf80.png

Timbuktu

Still holding on to the tiniest little bit of hope we sign a decent LB, or at the very least a decent RB for some cover. We probably won't though.

I think the positive net spend is just due to us getting really good money for players not worth even half what we got, Ibe and Smith mostly, we didn't do too bad on Skrtel either. Don't think we can really doubt the owners commitment yet, especially as they've pumped a lot into the club over the last 3 seasons alone.

Yeah, but you gave the other bastard who always has the game of his season against us to Everton, so we've double our yearly Palace beaten really.

Without Europe, we could do with a smaller squad, hence moving more players on. I would hate to see the likes of Ings loaned out as well, but he needs game time after his long injury spell and he's not going to get much at Liverpool this season. They should definitely get one more player in though that can slot into the first team.

Should hopefully be all done by today then. Shame it'll probably be too late for the Spurs game though, think you'll do really well with Zaha, Puncheon & Townsend supporting a Benteke upfront.

According to rumours, we might also sign Loic Remy on a season long loan from Chelsea.

Makeda

This seems like one of those "if he asks to leave, we won't have to pay him off" kind of situations.

Good point, could be a case of City trying to get him to quit so they can save on any compensation clause he might have written in his contract.

I do wonder though if Joe does go, who will take him?
Not exactly sure what his wages are but I can't see many teams being able to afford that structure unless City cover a large part of it

Floody

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/37130356

Pep really isn't wasting any time ruffling feathers at City...
As much as I don't think Hart is the world's best, he does deserve a little bit more respect / thoughtful response and treatment than he has been given thus far.

I don't think Pep means any disrespect by that, just saying he won't keep him if he wants to leave, but if he wants to stay he has to fight to earn his spot back and fight for the team.
I think he's definitely off to Everton though, just makes sense for everyone involved.

faridmon

I think he's definitely off to Everton though, just makes sense for everyone involved.

If it worth anything, Koeman dropped a hint that he is going for him. The thing is Hart doesn't see us as a strong enough team for him to consider us. His ego is just too much!

£40 a month? I get it for £20 a month with movies

Yeah that's the advertised price on the VM website for me. The fact I only upgraded last week doesn't put me in a great position lol.

I didn't realise Pogba's accent was such a hybrid between English and French, you can really hear it in the way he pronounces some words, how long did he spend here before Juve?

He has a little bit of Manc in there as well. HE was here for 2 years before he left.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hart's opinion of his ability is way out of kilter with his actual ability due to City sticking with him for so long, and him being guaranteed his place in the England team

He's in the third tier of keepers in the PL, nevemind worldwide

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't be surprised if Hart's opinion of his ability is way out of kilter with his actual ability due to City sticking with him for so long, and him being guaranteed his place in the England team

He's in the third tier of keepers in the PL, nevemind worldwide

He epitomises the problems with England in many ways. picked because he plays for a big club and very little else. It's just expected that he's #1 and it took someone like Pep to come in with enough authority to tell him to move on before anyone even questioned him.

Floody

If it worth anything, Koeman dropped a hint that he is going for him. The thing is Hart doesn't see us as a strong enough team for him to consider us. His ego is just too much!

If his ego is too big to join Everton then I reckon he'll be getting a big reality check in the future. Pep isn't going to give him a free pass like everyone else has and all that sitting on the bench (or even in the reserves) will do for him is devalue him. If he does go down that path, I hope England give Butland or Forster a shot instead.

King_Moc

Banned
If his ego is too big to join Everton then I reckon he'll be getting a big reality check in the future. Pep isn't going to give him a free pass like everyone else has and all that sitting on the bench (or even in the reserves) will do for him is devalue him. If he does go down that path, I hope England give Butland or Forster a shot instead.

England should do that anyway, he let us down bigtime at the Euro's. It's not fair that no one else gets a chance after that.

Top Bottom