• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Pachimari

James is everywhere. He's doing really good. Hopefully he can find a team who can give him first team football consistently. A player his quality shouldn't be sitting on the bench.

Pachimari

No chance he can find his way back into the starting XI?

There's just not any room with players like Isco, Cristiano, Lucas, Bale, Asensio, Kovacic, Modric and Kroos. And we aren't playing with a straight 10, so he will have to play slightly out of position like Isco does, not that it doesn't work, but really, we got too many players as is.

Syder

Wow.. Morata actually has more goals than Benzema now.

There's just not any room with players like Isco, Cristiano, Lucas, Bale, Asensio, Kovacic, Modric and Kroos. And we aren't playing with a straight 10, so he will have to play slightly out of position like Isco does, not that it doesn't work, but really, we got too many players as is.
In-form James is in the top 3 midfielders at RM, no? and Bale could be leaving, right?

Pachimari

Bale ain't leaving, especially not with the price Florentino paid up for him. The thing is, we need to be patient with him, and the fitness staff needs to work on him and Zidane needs to stop throwing him in the lions dent.

Tosyn_88

I feel like Madrid are playing James and Morata to Jack up their transfer value. Madrid will want to sell them for huge fees and this really looks like a ploy to set up that negotiating point.

You want Morata?, he's about 90M, you want James? He's about 80M

Audioboxer

Mourinho wants to offer Sergio Aguero (Man City) the chance to be #mufc's leading striker [duncan castles]

k

Gsfv9sy.gif

(laughing cause it ain't happening, not laughing at Aguero)

Tosyn_88

k

Gsfv9sy.gif

It doesn't even make sense. Jose is probably looking at guys like Lukaku/Belotti/Morata rather than Aguero. Not because Aguero isn't good enough, of course he's great but he's not a typical Mourinho front man

Audioboxer

It doesn't even make sense. Jose is probably looking at guys like Lukaku/Belotti/Morata rather than Aguero. Not because Aguero isn't good enough, of course he's great but he's not a typical Mourinho front man

Plus cost, and his wage requirements. I'd suspect if Aguero leaves City he'd rather go to Spain, or at the very least not to direct rivals where there would be a shit load of banter/baggage.

Just journalists and papers coming out with anything as it can never be fact checked and if nothing comes of it "it was a rumour bro".

To add to the list along with Hart and Yaya. Maybe next we will be linked with Clichy.

Forgot about Hart, LOL. I think that one is British journalists desperate to try and "save" Hart. He'd be best back at City tbh, but Pep is gonna Pep on that decision.

DBT85

Wonder if Spurs get raided this summer. It'll tempt players if they can double their money. Just need to prise Levy's cold dead hands off the contracts.

Zasa

Forgot about Hart, LOL. I think that one is British journalists desperate to try and "save" Hart. He'd be best back at City tbh, but Pep is gonna Pep on that decision.

Hart's gone for valid reasons though, mainly because of his poor distribution & severe lack of composure with both feet when pressured. Was still constantly lobbing the ball at will whenever he did play under Pep & showed virtually no signs of actually wanting to learn or adapt his game. He's still a pretty average GK on the traditional front as well, which doesn't help.

Playing out from the back, recollecting the ball, evading a high press, sweeping up, etc are huge parts of what's required in a Cruyffista style GK. Hart ticks none of those boxes & I doubt any Cruyff inspired manager would change their whole system & style of play, for one measly, overrated GK.

DBT85

Apparently, Kyle Walker wants out.
wtzgU.gif

He'd at least be "cheap" for any suitors.

If anyone came knocking for Kane, Alli, or Eriksen, Levy will prepare the lube.

Also wondering if Andreas Pereira gets any game time at United next year after a great loan spell at Granada. A huge contrast to Adnan though. Both in a fight, one has stepped up, one has done very little.

tim.mbp

Italy is in uproar for that booking.O-0 Man that is the thing Juve need more huh. More drama and pressure.TT

I didn't think it deserved a yellow, that said, when he's already booked he should have been more careful. Ultimately, I think Juve would have scored without the extra man. They had some great chances throughout the match and Torino was a bit lucky to not concede earlier.

Pachimari

I would like to see Christian Eriksen take the the next step to a bigger club. I don't know where or which clubs would be in need of a 10. Maybe someone like Chelsea or Juventus?

casiopao

I didn't think it deserved a yellow, that said, when he's already booked he should have been more careful. Ultimately, I think Juve would have scored without the extra man. They had some great chances throughout the match and Torino was a bit lucky to not concede earlier.

Agree. Khedira finishing is disappointing and sadly, Mandzukic miss quite a number too there.

But all in all,a close game if u ask me except maybe for Cuadrado being so unfocused.TT

He'd at least be "cheap" for any suitors.

If anyone came knocking for Kane, Alli, or Eriksen, Levy will prepare the lube.

Also wondering if Andreas Pereira gets any game time at United next year after a great loan spell at Granada. A huge contrast to Adnan though. Both in a fight, one has stepped up, one has done very little.

Could see Eriksen maybe going, so rare to see Englishmen go abroad. Like in recent(kinda recent) I can only think of Steve McManaman(1999) and David Beckham(2003) being high profile players to move abroad. Can only see Harry Kane and Dele Alli go to maybe one of the Manchester clubs in a few years with some big fat wages.

Pachimari

The Philippine Football League has been kicked off. So it's gonna be quite the history this weekend, with these first matches ever in the PFL kicking off.

Ilocos United vs. Davao Aguilas.

It's the North versus the South!

So it seems like the PFL is build up, so that the teams will play 28 matches a season, and the Top 4 of the table will play semi-finals, and then the winner will play a final which will decide the winner of the league. Next season, a Cup will be added.

DBT85

Neat to see the birth of a league like that. Though I hate the idea of having a playoff for the title. IF you're on top after you've played everyone twice then you deserve the title. Didn't realise so much text in the adverts would be in English!

Could see Eriksen maybe going, so rare to see Englishmen go abroad. Like in recent(kinda recent) I can only think of Steve McManaman(1999) and David Beckham(2003) being high profile players to move abroad. Can only see Harry Kane and Dele Alli go to maybe one of the Manchester clubs in a few years with some big fat wages.

Yeah, Kane is already on nearly £100k I think. Think Alli is stll only on less than £50k at the moment though so someone offering him silly money might turn his head.

Could really turn Spurs upside down if they lose too many, same as when Liverpool get raided for the better player every few years.

Need to see Southampton B fighting for it today against Southampton A.

T-Rex.

Banned
k

Gsfv9sy.gif

any other journalist and I'd probably laugh it off, but tbf Castles has been lodged so far up Mourinho's arse for the last few years that it wouldn't come as a surprise if he has somehow managed to gain access to Mourinho's inner thoughts

Empty

spurs' main asset is pochettino. you are not going to convince me that kyle walker is actually a 50m player.

kane is worth a lot i guess because he's a consistent a 20+ goals a season striker, but largely it's a squad of good players elevated into a great team by a brilliant manager.

Pachimari

Yeah, I don't like a playoff like that either. Anyway, Davao Aguilas just scored to 1-0, that was horrendous defense of Ilocos. They left the entire middle empty.

Seems like De Bruycker who scored the goal is a huge talent in the Philippines. He's from Belgium, 19 years old and is playing for the National team Azkals.

Pachimari

JPV Marikina scored to 1-0 against Global which is surely an upset. Global is the big team in the league. [edit] Lol, Global just scored two goals making it 2-1.

So the PFL is basically done like the Australian league.

Top 4 plays play-offs. So 1 vs 4, and 2 vs 3. The winners of those two matches will end up as 1st and 2nd and will go through to the AFC Cup. 1st spot will also have to play play-off matches to get access to the Asian Champions League.

FT: 1-1

Audioboxer

Hart's gone for valid reasons though, mainly because of his poor distribution & severe lack of composure with both feet when pressured. Was still constantly lobbing the ball at will whenever he did play under Pep & showed virtually no signs of actually wanting to learn or adapt his game. He's still a pretty average GK on the traditional front as well, which doesn't help.

Playing out from the back, recollecting the ball, evading a high press, sweeping up, etc are huge parts of what's required in a Cruyffista style GK. Hart ticks none of those boxes & I doubt any Cruyff inspired manager would change their whole system & style of play, for one measly, overrated GK.

He's not the best, but Bravo is iffy as fuck as well.

any other journalist and I'd probably laugh it off, but tbf Castles has been lodged so far up Mourinho's arse for the last few years that it wouldn't come as a surprise if he has somehow managed to gain access to Mourinho's inner thoughts

Pep/City would not let Aguero go to United anyway. Ask Arsenal how that worked out when Van Persie went to United. Aguero is still Citys top goal scorer for the season.

Next season with all the stupid money teams will spend and Chelsea having a larger fixture list will lead to one hell of a fight for the title. You don't give your rivals one of your best players.

And I want Drawinho to continue doing what he does best.

God this is gonna be a tense afternoon

Don't worry it'll be 0-0 at half time. Going to be a boring game. Someone with a late goal or a 0-0 draw. Arsenal will worry about Rashford's pace on the break, Man Utd will setup for a park the bus special.

Put it this way, this is not happening again.

member Rooney?

DBT85

Put it this way, this is not happening again.

member Rooney?

Fuck Rooney, the entire team looking back and he got that result from them

01 De Gea
03 Evra
04 Jones
06 Evans Booked
12 Smalling
08 Anderson (Giggs - 68' )
17 Nani (Park Ji-sung - 68' )
18 Young Booked
23 Cleverley
10 Rooney
19 Welbeck (Hernandez - 35' )

I swear in that game Arsene deliberately let them get battered to try and get the board to spend some money.

I hope Sturridge plays today ahead of Origi, think Origi has been shite lately.

Gini - Can - Lallana
Phil - Studge - Bobby

That's how I would play today.

Pachimari

According to GloboEsporte we have bought Flamengo's 17-year old striker Vinicius Junior. His clause is €30 million but apparently we have paid €40 million to overcome Barcelona's interest in him. Nothing is confirmed yet though.

Top Bottom