• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Pachimari

I'm really not that impressed by any of United youth players. Anyway, seems like they'll have to go all in on the Europa League now.

Also, FC Midtjylland scored to 1 - 0 against Brøndby , what a horrible back pass from Röcker. He was under so much pressure that be didn't get to look up before he made that pass back to the goalkeeper.

Jarnet87

Wenger did it, time to bless him with a new contract.

United's youth system hasn't produced anything for awhile, this is not a new problem. Look back at Fergie, Danny Welbeck was probably the last decent player that came from the youth system, not much at all that developed in the last 5-6 years unless you want to count Pogba. Lingard is nothing special, maybe Rashford, Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe develop into something.

United fans won't tolerate another season like this. Mou's not getting sacked even if United lose Europa but he's got to get this summer right. You can come to the Emirates late in the season looking for a point if you are trying to secure a title, but in a situation like this it is laughable.

Ramsey looks fired up today and he's one of the best players on the pitch.

Not sure where the energy comes from. He's been meh the entire season.

Audioboxer

What happened to Manu youth setup? The saddest thing about their current slump, is there are no young players to bring on.

3 youngsters today. Mourinho's biggest problem is still carrying dead weight from the past eras. It's also not just about getting rid of them but bringing in.

Mike Smalling and Rooney have to go. Phil Jones is dicey but he was playing well with Rojo. Lingard is like low tier squad player but an English registered player. Carrick is on his way out, Premier League fitness and athleticism is reaching insane highs these days. Midfield can't sustain slow players. Our biggest problem for years and years now.

Then there is problems with the talent as well. Martial being a passenger all season. Micki doing well in Europe but stop starting in league. Luke Shaw preferring the starting position of injured. Fellaini being Fellaini. Just another central midfielder with no pace, skill or attacking quality.

This summer is Mourinho's only real chance to get it right for coming years. First thing to do, get Rooney away somewhere else for picking up his weekly wage with little effort. Thank him for what he has done but the decline in quality is just shocking. He should look at Zlatan and cry.

De Gea will be out of here as well, especially if we fluff the EL. So we'll have a summer of goalkeeper issues on top.

Perfect result for me! Well done Gunners...

Arsenal might be 1 point behind us by the time we play next. Southampton and Stoke away, let's hope Arsenal could drop points in one of them at least.

Either way, West Ham away will be huge. I'm bricking it already haha.

Jarnet87

Arsenal might be 1 point behind us by the time we play next. Southampton and Stoke away, let's hope Arsenal could drop points in one of them at least.

Time is a flat circle. Arsenal top 4 here we come.

DBT85

Next year Mou won't have to shoehorn Rooney in for the first 4 months so instantly the team should be better off. 4th would have been ok, but EFL and Europa wins will do and get the players thinking of winning and enjoying it.

Beefy

Next year Mou won't have to shoehorn Rooney in for the first 4 months so instantly the team should be better off. 4th would have been ok, but EFL and Europa wins will do and get the players thinking of winning and enjoying it.

What if you don't win Europa and finish out of top 4?

Rien

Jelly Belly
It would be amazing if Utd fuck up in the EL now.

If they have to confront Ajax its gonna be interesting. If, and thats a big if, Ajax makes it coming thursday against Lyone at home. Which i dont think they do.
Exciting times here because Feyenoord just lost their opportunity to become champion today and i wasnt because it was bad luck.. they just played bad. And Ajax won with 4-0 which increased their changes to become champion of the Netherlands. Feyenoord have to win next week and they will still be champion.

Tosyn_88

Here's hoping Ajax can win the league. And that Celta can take the Europa League.

I highly doubt any of that happening. Lyon can't reduce that goal margin because Ajax are an attacking side. Celta is lost cause because not only will they lose but I can see them lose very badly.

I highly doubt any of that happening. Lyon can't reduce that goal margin because Ajax are an attacking side. Celta is lost cause because not only will they lose but I can see them lose very badly.

*prayingemoji*

I've got a ticket to the final and my flights/accommodation sorted.

Tosyn_88

If they have to confront Ajax its gonna be interesting. If, and thats a big if, Ajax makes it coming thursday against Lyone at home. Which i dont think they do.
Exciting times here because Feyenoord just lost their opportunity to become champion today and i wasnt because it was bad luck.. they just played bad. And Ajax won with 4-0 which increased their changes to become champion of the Netherlands. Feyenoord have to win next week and they will still be champion.
It's incredible how one game can turn things around. I have to admit, I don't follow the Dutch league at all but who has a better head-to-head between both clubs?

Tosyn_88

*prayingemoji*

I've got a ticket to the final and my flights/accommodation sorted.

This isn't an issue of praying. Pogba and Fellaini are present along with Rashford. I think people who don't follow Manchester assume because of this match. The first ten minutes against Celta will seem like a joke because I can see them ripping Celta to pieces due to the intensity they will bring, then they defend to invite Celta forward, only to open them up again. I'd predict Pogba especially will make lots of individual display.

Tosyn_88

I think in such scenario. The fans will be very unhappy but here's the thing. Whenever there's a feeling of slump by the club, it means the board takes notice which means even more spending. With a series of interviews, I get the impression that the board want to reduce spending given the team had improved but with that happening, Jose can say he needs better players which means the spending can go higher than previously.

If you look at LVG first season compared to the second, he spent less. Jose however is a checkbook guy so he will want to spend even more because the board will be desperate to satisfy his request so you will probably see ridiculous fee for some player in Portuguese league

TimmmV

Same, the next 2 games are going to be horrible lol

Looking at it positively though; have been playing a lot better away from home recently, and the home game is vs Boro, who aren't exactly brilliant.

Pachimari

Oh yeah, I want Ajax in the final, and they're pretty much there with a 3 goal lead.

Malaga are beating Celta right now btw.

Tosyn_88

Oh yeah, I want Ajax in the final, and they're pretty much there with a 3 goal lead.

Ditto for Celta too. Slight bias because I follow Manchester more but if Celta win it will be a great story especially for the club. First time in an European final and good showcase for la primera Liga. 11 place Spanish club winning top English club which also adds to the coefficient. But even without my bias, Celta will struggle and at worse it might turn badly. In the first leg, it would seem Manchester snuffed out thier middle due to the muscles and quality Manchester has over them which meant the front men couldn't get the quick transition they wanted. Going to England, Manchester will let them come at them which I'd imagine is to expose thier middle line. I don't know how Celta will set up but they have to ensure sisto gets within the Manchester box area often due to his trickery.

I really don't see them getting anything tbh because Manchester will be very ready

Pachimari

Ditto for Celta too. Slight bias because I follow Manchester more but if Celta win it will be a great story especially for the club. First time in an European final and good showcase for la primera Liga. 11 place Spanish club winning top English club which also adds to the coefficient. But even without my bias, Celta will struggle and at worse it might turn badly. In the first leg, it would seem Manchester snuffed out thier middle due to the muscles and quality Manchester has over them which meant the front men couldn't get the quick transition they wanted. Going to England, Manchester will let them come at them which I'd imagine is to expose thier middle line. I don't know how Celta will set up but they have to ensure sisto gets within the Manchester box area often due to his trickery.

I really don't see them getting anything tbh because Manchester will be very ready
Yeah I didn't say Celta would win it. They can barely keep up with Malaga. But I would like for them to go through to the final because I always cheer on the Spanish teams to do well, oh do I wish the best for Sisto and Wass. I would just really love this upset lol. If it hadn't been a Spanish team, I would have been all in on Manchester though. But when all is said and done I couldn't care less, since only fully in it for Real Madrid. :)

slider

Don't worry 'pool fans. Aside from a few recent blips, we always shit the bed against you lot.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. As deeply unfashionable as it is, I'll say... COYI.

Syder

Don't worry 'pool fans. Aside from a few recent blips, we always shit the bed against you lot.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. As deeply unfashionable as it is, I'll say... COYI.
We'll get a point... Believe! 10th place is in our sights!

Cc57ash.gif

Yeah I didn't say Celta would win it. They can barely keep up with Malaga. But I would like for them to go through to the final because I always cheer on the Spanish teams to do well, oh do I wish the best for Sisto and Wass. I would just really love this upset lol. If it hadn't been a Spanish team, I would have been all in on Manchester though. But when all is said and done I couldn't care less, since only fully in it for Real Madrid. :)
It would also mean that Celta don't field their starting 11 againts us :)

TeddyBoy

Don't worry, Carroll will come back from injury to score a brace against us then get injured at 60 minutes and be out until next season.

DBT85

Then we'll have to play whatever we get and buy whomever we buy. The project continues. Anyone who can't see an improvement in the team from even the start of the season is blind. As I've said before. 1 goal in a couple of the games where we've battered teams and not scored and this season would look very different. The signs are there.

Top Bottom