• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Mkititaryan will not play much under Mourinho if he keeps giving up after losing the ball.

EDIT: Smalling seems happy. Another game that Rashford plays the entire 0 minutes.

Sorry for the late reply.

Rashford will play his ass off in September. Noone thinks Ibra will be the starting striker in the Europa League.

I can't wait for the derby.

The Hull game should be a sweet matchup. Two teams starting the season 2-0.

Then yeah, the Man City game will be special.

Pachimari

Morata imo hasn't developed as much as I would have wanted him to during his stint in Juventus. Asensio looks great, runs with the ball very well and clearly has first team talent. 2 goals in 2 games now for Asensio.
What were you hoping for him to be better at?

Since we sold him, he have improved a lot at holding the ball, his pace has increased, his burst is a little better, he has better decision making. Give him some time to find the net.

Syder

torres3.png

Just watched the whole Liverpool match and my goodness Henderson is damn awful. Misplaced passes, horrible crosses, bad tackling, giving the ball away at almost every damn opportunity, etc. Wow I thought the defense was bad but Henderson didn't make it any easier for them. And looking back at the Arsenal game, he was just as bad.

spidye

hey guys

wanna look at bayern's 3rd jersey for next year?

Bayern and adidas thought it is a greeeeeeeeat idea to let the internet DESIGN and DECIDE which jersey will be our 3rd for the next year
internet being internet, this is now the most wanted jersey

good job adidas, good job

Here is the link

Syder

If Bilić plays Masuaku & Byram in the fullback positions then I think we'll manage until Cresswell returns. Gökhan Töre looked immense and Antonio performed exactly as we know he can when played in his natural position. Can't wait for Payet & Lanzini to get back to 100%.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
hey guys

Bayern and adidas thought it is a greeeeeeeeat idea to let the internet DESIGN and DECIDE which jersey will be our 3rd for the next year

Here is the link
Absolutely brilliant.

GunBR

I know that every year is like this, but watching Barcelona and Madrid destroy their opponents on the first round of La Liga killed all my hype

Welp, at least the Premier League will be good this year
hey guys

Here is the link
perfection.gif

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
hey guys

Here is the link

That's beautiful.

Makeda

Bayern's 3rd jersey

I've never bought a shirt from a team I don't support before, nor framed a shirt but for this...this will be the exception.

Make it happen Adidas.

- I randomly stumbled across Bony's twitter and it's rather depressing, he has more pictures of him on international duty & training at City than he does playing for City :p
Highlight of the lot was this gem (when he found out Swansea signed Lorente instead of him? :D)

Beefy

La Liga's opening weekend was marred by an ugly incident of racism as Sunday's match between Sporting Gijon and Athletic Bilbao was stopped by the referee following abusive chants aimed at Athletic's Iñaki Williams.

Disgusting, shit like that needs to be stopped. Clubs should be docked points.

P44

Wait, Wenger really blamed staff?

I can't figure out whether Arsenal is bankrupt or Arsene is senile.

I'd guess the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I mean I don't think Arsene is literally senile, but I think his approach to the transfer market is perhaps dated. Meanwhile, I think Arsenal are pretty rich, but the actual money Arsene gets to play with isn't loads.

This has SAF's departure written all over it though, an owner drip feeding cash to a manager getting good deals and generally overperforming relative to the side he has, though the extent of overperforming with Arsenal isn't so high these days, it was more banter years Arsenal I'm thinking of. Anyway, they better either pick the right manager to take the reigns, or splash the cash hard when he goes. We (United) are paying up for underinvestment previously, and only now does the squad actually feel somewhat well rounded.

Doc_Drop

CqdONnMXEAATuP2.jpg:large

It's not so bad being an oil club. At least the staff are not made to feel a burden by a prehistoric manager.

Problem is for this guy is the jobcentre wont give him any money if he quit his job, that and using comic sans for a resignation letter

T-Rex.

Banned
I can see where the guy's coming from, but it's just football lol. Unless he's well off it's a pretty dumb decision to leave his job because of that.*

*If it's legit.

All the subs were great by Conte, particularly Fabregas and Batshuayi. Really liking the looks Batshuayi, he's got a lot of potential.

Bats is awesome. Hopefully he starts vs Bristol on Tuesday in League cup.
This should be starting 11 till we get a CB and LB/RB.

TB, Azpi, JT, Cahill, Iva
Fabregas, Kante
Hazard, Costa, Bats, Willian

Kante will be under extra pressure though, but he should manage. Our defense concedes easily anyways. So no point defending it with both Matic and Kante.
The offense is so effective that it can destroy any team in PL.

Top Bottom