• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

tim.mbp

Feel bad for Iago Aspas, I'll always remember him for that spectacular corner when he was at Liverpool despite the success he's having at Celta.

Syder

West Brom want £25m from Arsenal for Jonny Evans. A player Man Utd wanted nothing to do with and sold for £6m to the most mediocre team in the division.

'Don't worry we'll get Mustafi and then everything will be alright'
Untitled-2.png

Like every season, in the end I expect Wenger to get the right player at the right price, having already dropped a substantial amount of points that there was no need to.

T-Rex.

Banned
@TonyBarretTimes: Liverpool are considering allowing Mamadou Sakho to go out on loan as they look to get the defender back on track.

I don't even rate Sakho *that* highly compared to most, but it's still a weird one.

Valencia :l

Their transfers are just so bad the last few years. They invested 150 million last year in new players...

That's just crazy and the owner Peter Lim is probably done investing after seeing what they got for that money and are even considering selling their 2 best players Mustafi and Alcacer...

Floody

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/768101224268922880
BREAKING: @FA charge @BurnleyOfficial striker @AndreGray7 with misconduct in relation to comments made on social media in 2012. #SSNHQ

Can't say I feel sorry for him after reading some of the things he wrote, but find it a little weird punishing him now, 4 years later. Wonder if they'll start checking a lot of past tweets now?

Edit: seems he's getting charged for the "Is it me or are there gays everywhere? #Burn #Die #MakesMeSick" tweet. Homophobic abuse carries a 5 match, so that will probably be his punishment.

Audioboxer

Can't say I feel sorry for him after reading some of the things he wrote, but find it a little weird punishing him now, 4 years later. Wonder if they'll start checking a lot of past tweets now?

Edit: seems he's getting charged for the "Is it me or are there gays everywhere? #Burn #Die #MakesMeSick" tweet. Homophobic abuse carries a 5 match, so that will probably be his punishment.

Probably just because this exploded and they feel the pressure. Still I'm happy they done something. The tweets were disgusting and homophobia in football can be an ugly place due to it being predominantly a "mans sport". It needs to be clamped down on with full force.

Floody

Just saw a stat that Liverpool has allowed the opposition fewer shots (12) than any other PL team in 2016-17, yet conceded the joint highest (5). It's fucking depressing supporting this team sometimes.

Probably just because this exploded and they feel the pressure. Still I'm happy they done something. The tweets were disgusting and homophobia in football can be an ugly place due to it being predominantly a "mans sport". It needs to be clamped down on with full force.

Yeah, that's probably it, they pretty much had to do something due to how big it got, and I definitely agree that they should be very strict with anyone dickhead that is homophobic, just didn't expect them to actually do anything. Also, he only as himself to blame for saying it in the first place and being ever more stupid by leaving them there for so long.

TheFlow

Banned
American guy who understands some of the basics of futbol but wants get into the Premier League this season.

I am a fan of Swansea City A.F.C.due to them being an underdog, having a diverse team, and loving their kits/mascot. Last time I tried watching the sport seriously was 2 years ago I think.

I was told to to follow one of the bigger/better clubs since they have better chances during the season.

So yea, much help appreciated. futbol/soccer noob. Tell me about the premier league

American guy who understands some of the basics of futbol but wants get into the Premier League this season.

I am a fan of Swansea City A.F.C.due to them being an underdog, having a diverse team, and loving their kits/mascot. Last time I tried watching the sport seriously was 2 years ago I think.

I was told to to follow one of the bigger/better clubs since they have better chances during the season.

So yea, much help appreciated. futbol/soccer noob. Tell me about the premier league
Support whichever club you want. Since you seem to like the Swans, stick with them. It first helps to know when and where you can catch their matches. If Swansea has an option to sync their match schedule with the calendar on your phone then do it. Unfortunately, not being a big club you'll only catch matches on TV against United, Arsenal, etc so hopefully you have the chance to watch the matches on NBC Sports Live Extra which will have all the matches available for streaming on your computer or phone. Pick a favorite player and buy a kit (jersey) or scarf to support your club if you like too.

Also, not to be a dick but no one calls it futbol. Just call it soccer or football.

TheFlow

Banned
Support whichever club you want. Since you seem to like the Swans, stick with them. It first helps to know when and where you can catch their matches. If Swansea has an option to sync their match schedule with the calendar on your phone then do it. Unfortunately, not being a big club you'll only catch matches on TV against United, Arsenal, etc so hopefully you have the chance to watch the matches on NBC Sports Live Extra which will have all the matches available for streaming on your computer or phone. Pick a favorite player and buy a kit (jersey) or scarf to support your club if you like too.

Also, not to be a dick but no one calls it futbol. Just call it soccer or football.
Thank you so much appreciate and lol I wasn't sure but I will go with soccer

It's fucking dumb. He definitely should have been punished back then but oh I know, let's wait for him to turn his life around, be a completely different person with different opinions, and then punish him now. If he believes that stuff now, fine, but if he doesn't then...

What does this achieve?

Floody

It's fucking dumb. He definitely should have been punished back then but oh I know, let's wait for him to turn his life around, be a completely different person with different opinions, and then punish him now. If he believes that stuff now, fine, but if he doesn't then...

What does this achieve?

As Audioboxer said, it blew up so the FA probably thought they have to do something about it and I do agree with that, I do think they should at least let him explain himself, and why he doesn't believe that stuff anymore. Him getting the full punishment because he was a knob 4 years ago, would be really harsh on Burnley. Should fine him or make him donate X amount to a charity that helps people who have suffered from homophobic abuse and leave it at that imo.

As Audioboxer said, it blew up so the FA probably thought they have to do something about it and I do agree with that, I do think they should at least let him explain himself, and why he doesn't believe that stuff anymore. Him getting the full punishment because he was a knob 4 years ago, would be really harsh on Burnley. Should fine him or make him donate X amount to a charity that helps people who have suffered from homophobic abuse and leave it at that imo.

Charity donation shouldn't really be a punishment for anything, he should probably have offered to do that anyway.

Anyway, I just saw this on Twitter. It's a review of Steve Bruce's second novel - http://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/

Holy shit.

Top Bottom