• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

I definitely agree, but rather it go to something good than the FA. Should probably make him do it then he should also do it again anyway.

Well yeah, if there's gotta be a fine it should be to charity lest it look like the FA found an easy way to make a quick buck.

If they're going to be fining players for shit they say on social media though, they really need to be more on top of social media. Punishing someone for a dumb tweet years after the fact when they're not the person they were back then just seems stupid.

It's probably easy for me to say that though as someone who wasn't really the target of said tweet, so I could be way off on this one.

American guy who understands some of the basics of futbol but wants get into the Premier League this season.

I am a fan of Swansea City A.F.C.due to them being an underdog, having a diverse team, and loving their kits/mascot. Last time I tried watching the sport seriously was 2 years ago I think.

I was told to to follow one of the bigger/better clubs since they have better chances during the season.

So yea, much help appreciated. futbol/soccer noob. Tell me about the premier league

You are guys are playing this evening against Peterborough United in EFL cup 19.45 GMT.

King_Moc

Banned
I know it's lower opposition. But why didn't we play like this last weekend.

Burton aren't turtling up at the back like Burnley did. Liverpool are useless against sides that do that. If the other team has 9 men behind the ball, you might as well change the channel because you're just going to be frustrated. Liverpool's attack is decent, but it's not quite incisive enough to split open teams like that.

Floody

Complain about LB all you want. CM is where Liverpool's real problems lie.

We've badly needed a really good DM since Mascherano left, Lucas is too injury prone for it, Can not good enough yet and Henderson just not good enough (he passes back way too much when playing there)

Haven't been watching the match, but how is Matip? I know it's not the best competition but how has he looked.

CrayToes

We've badly needed a really good DM since Mascherano left, Lucas is too injury prone for it, Can not good enough yet and Henderson just not good enough (he passes back way too much when playing there)

Haven't been watching the match, but how is Matip? I know it's not the best competition but how has he looked.

Agreed. It's a shame we've had two managers who don't seem to like a real DM. Matip has looked solid for what it's worth against Burton. Looks really comfortable on the ball though so I'd like to see him in the DM position at some point.

sora87

Can is much better at charging forward and getting things going imo. Wish we had a solid DM and let Henderson and Can play further up

Floody

James Pearce says he's first choice with Lovren.

Shame Klopp seems to have fallen out with Sakho, I think he's slightly better than Lovren, but Lovren has been excellent for the most part under Klopp, so hopefully he keeps on improving, I also think Sakho covers for Moreno much better than anyone else wehave, so won't be nice lacking that.

Shame Klopp seems to have fallen out with Sakho, I think he's slightly better than Lovren, but Lovren has been excellent for the most part under Klopp, so hopefully he keeps on improving, I also think Sakho covers for Moreno much better than anyone else wehave, so won't be nice lacking that.

It's so unfortunate how Sakho fell from the top. From scoring goals in the Dortmund comeback and in the Merseyside derby and looking to be playing a major part in our Europa League quest and the Euros to the drugs debacle, missing the Euros and being sent home and on the verge of being sent out on loan by Klopp.

Floody

Just watched the highlights of the game, and Mane was involved in pretty much everything in some way, when it came to attacking, I don't think a player has ever made me eat so much crow so fast. Shame we're going to lose him for AFCON, he is so important to our attack, it's kinda ridiculous.

It's so unfortunate how Sakho fell from the top. From scoring goals in the Dortmund comeback and in the Merseyside derby and looking to be playing a major part in our Europa League quest and the Euros to the drugs debacle, missing the Euros and being sent home and on the verge of being sent out on loan by Klopp.

Yeah, it's a real shame, I hope it's a wake-up call for him that he needs to stop messing around so much, because he's probably my favorite personality at the club at the moment.

TeddyBoy

Just saw a stat that Liverpool has allowed the opposition fewer shots (12) than any other PL team in 2016-17, yet conceded the joint highest (5). It's fucking depressing supporting this team sometimes.

Simon-Mignolet_3034775.jpg

I saw that Grey is going to get a suspension, I think it's odd giving him one for tweets from four years ago but considering their content it's absolutely justified.

American guy who understands some of the basics of futbol but wants get into the Premier League this season.

I am a fan of Swansea City A.F.C.due to them being an underdog, having a diverse team, and loving their kits/mascot. Last time I tried watching the sport seriously was 2 years ago I think.

I was told to to follow one of the bigger/better clubs since they have better chances during the season.

So yea, much help appreciated. futbol/soccer noob. Tell me about the premier league

If you like Swansea then feel free to stick with them, they'll probably be in a for a relegation battle this season though so that's something to be mindful of.

A good liverpool performance today, hopefully Can and Origi aren't injured for long.

King_Moc

Banned
Northampton Town just beat West Brom on pens.

How about this for a record, Northampton have lost one competitive game in all of 2016, and that was an away game to a team 2 leagues higher than them. Last home league defeat was December 9th 2015, last away defeat 17th October 2015. 28 league matches unbeaten. And they almost went out of business and couldn't pay anyone for a month in November.

Fucking class.

Floody

Doesn't seem Origi's or Can's injuries are anything serious. Origi just had cramp. and Can a sore ankle

Klopp on Can:“He had a little pain in his ankle without any touch - I couldn't see any contact. It was a long leg, then a little bit floppy and then he had pain.

“But it is not that serious. It's not that big [of a] pain anymore, but it's the ankle he had problems with at the end of last season, so he's a little bit worried."
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/232920-jurgen-klopp-s-update-on-emre-can-injury

TheFlow

Banned
I saw that Grey is going to get a suspension, I think it's odd giving him one for tweets from four years ago but considering their content it's absolutely justified.

If you like Swansea then feel free to stick with them, they'll probably be in a for a relegation battle this season though so that's something to be mindful of.

A good liverpool performance today, hopefully Can and Origi aren't injured for long.
If they lose relegation they won't be able to play next season?

Floody

If they lose relegation they won't be able to play next season?

They'll be in a lower division called the Championship if they get relegated, the 3 teams at the bottom of the Premier League at the end go down, whilst 3 teams from the Championship come up.

Top Bottom