• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Good to see Wenger splashing the cash on mid table teir targets.

Ornstein is keeping fairly conservative with it, so far:

Arsenal interested in signing Deportivo La Coruna CF Lucas Perez. Not done deal but #AFC in contention - 27yo, 17 gls in 37 apps last season

Stressing that there's no done deal, mentioning competition for the signing - not even being concrete about a bid being made in the first place. Given that Ornstein is essentially the club's mouthpiece when it comes to transfers, it appears that the club felt the need to leak something to get the fans off their back, but Lucas does feel a lot like the back-up option. No way they waited 2 fixtures without Giroud to sign a 20m€ striker from Depor.

Spurs have bid £15m for Zaha.

I hope the club rejects the f*ck out of that bid, and apparently they already have.

Don't have any illusions about Zaha not being about the money, but it's good that the club shows him some authority now, no matter what his agent might have cooked up here.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Good to see Wenger splashing the cash on mid table teir targets.

Ornstein is keeping fairly conservative with it, so far:

Arsenal interested in signing Deportivo La Coruna CF Lucas Perez. Not done deal but #AFC in contention - 27yo, 17 gls in 37 apps last season

Stressing that there's no done deal, mentioning competition for the signing - not even being concrete about a bid being made in the first place. Given that Ornstein is essentially the club's mouthpiece when it comes to transfers, it appears that the club felt the need to leak something to get the fans off their back, but Lucas does feel a lot like the back-up option. No way they waited 2 fixtures without Giroud to sign a 20m€ striker from Depor.
Oh, fuck off Wenger.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I mean, Arsenal have brought in Özil, Alexis, Čech and Xhaka in the past 36 months - but whatever. Who gives a shit about facts when we can have memes?

tbf, city have still bought more than wenger in 2 months

not that that is a good thing, but whatever

Beefy

@philmcnulty.
Reports in Spain saying Deportivo reject Arsenal's 20m Euro offer for Lucas Perez Martinez because they wanted to pay in two instalments.

@philmcnulty.
Reports in Spain saying Deportivo reject Arsenal's 20m Euro offer for Lucas Perez Martinez because they wanted to pay in two instalments.

Reports from who, is the important part. If it's not El Confidencial, I wouldn't believe a word of it. Spanish sports press are as bad as the British in flat out making things up.

Reports from who, is the important part. If it's not El Confidencial, I wouldn't believe a word of it. Spanish sports press are as bad as the British in flat out making things up.

La Voz de Galicia, which is Depor's hometown paper, are now saying that Arsenal agreed to pay the full 20M upfront and the signing is imminent.

Pretty much, you cannot believe what you read sometimes. Yesterday I read on some Spanish site that Casemiro has interest from Engeland and Italy.

I mean, Real would probably not even sell him for 100 million.

He said that he doesnt want to go and dortmund said that they will not release him.. 20 mio pound is a lot for someone who played a few matches last season though. However I think bvb wants to force a generational change. They have so many young players like demebele, mor, weigl, passlack, ginter, guerrero, pulisic.. . Its clear that they are prepping for the next few years.
Sure, but I don't think he will want to play in 4th division for another season. Those few Bundesliga games in between are going to be much less now that there 3 more competitors in the offensive midfield. Hopuflly we can park him somewhere.

bjaelke

@philmcnulty.

Phil McNulty @philmcnulty
Reports in Spain (yes them again) saying Arsenal#s bid for Lucas Perez Martinez now acceptable to Deportivo La Coruna. That should be that.

Pachimari

I swear, if FC Copenhagen ends up in our group, I'll go this time. Because then the Real Madrid squad would literally be 10 minutes away from my apartment.

[edit] Damn! :( Some other year then.

bjaelke

CquFAfNXEAAWwXP.jpg:large

Top Bottom